Adding Fuel to the Fire .... more DVC CR rumor.

lisareniff

DIS Veteran
I was surfing around and found this post on the resort board......

The_Insider said:
There is no “official Plan” for the north, but I have talked to some people who know. They said the north will be torn down and rebuilt as a 5 or 6 story DVC building. There will be an indoor hallway connecting to the forth floor of the tower. No word on dates yet, but it will be after the tower and south are complete.

From this thread

Nothing more and no added insight, just thought you guys would like to know.

Hey I just noticed I was over 1000 posts!

well we can hope.

that is a BIG rehab they are doing. when is the complete date? sometimes in 2007?

{There is no “official Plan” for the north, but I have talked to some people who know. They said the north will be torn down and rebuilt as a 5 or 6 story DVC building. There will be an indoor hallway connecting to the forth floor of the tower. No word on dates yet, but it will be after the tower and south are complete}From "The Insider"

Well, I have never stayed at the CR, so I know little about it other than the fact that it houses a monorail, and its proximity to the MK. But, those two things, plus the extra years, might very well push me into buying an add-on there instead of other places I have been considering. I don't want or need a home resort advantage at SSR. I guess the construction when I toured, plus the cement feel of the place, turned me off. The view of downtown disney was a plus, but I figured that with the size of the resort, I could stay there as often as I liked.

TammyAlphabet

all the DVC resorts are concert and steel - they may appear on the outside to be different - but they aren't.

DVC was built to outlast the WDW resorts.

Everytime this rumor starts again , I get my hopes up... Don't know if it is good or bad but I would stay there. :wizard: :wizard:

I'd add on there for sure.

But I really cannot believe that they would build it and then sell it.

I think it will depend upon how well after the rehab the Cont does.

if great and they no longer need a DVC - then forget it. they will rehab the north wing too

if they still have to greatly discount (I say greatly) to get guests to stay here - then a DVC would only help it.

Disney knows that no matter what DVC member will come. That would help any resort through the bad times.

Thanks for the encouragement Lisa!
Actually every day they don't announce a North Wing rehab makes the rumor more likely. I can't believe they would simply let it lapse into disrepair, even if they did not intend to use it. And that particular piece of real estate is much too valuable to let it go unused.

:banana:
Oh! Yeah!
Sign me up...even if it is a rumour!
I've already thought about how to pull it off...as far as buying into CR
should this happen!
You gotta love that MONORAIL!
Everybody, cross your fingers!
:banana:

No, no, no. I don't want a CR DVC. I love it the way it is. If they put a DVC there, it will be the little rooms like SSR, BCV, BWV and VWL (not OKW by any means). And I won't be able to use points there again (yes, I know, not the best use of points, but to me it is).

Deb & Bill said:
No, no, no. I don't want a CR DVC. I love it the way it is. If they put a DVC there, it will be the little rooms like SSR, BCV, BWV and VWL (not OKW by any means). And I won't be able to use points there again (yes, I know, not the best use of points, but to me it is).

But Deb, for the same amount of points per night (assuming similar to BCV - I think it will be higher), I think you can get a one or two bedroom at DVC (think VCR). So, although, the rooms at CR are bigger than a DVC studio, it should be much smaller than a VCR one or two bedroom? :confused3

Deb & Bill said:

Value Season:

Hotel room at Contemporary: 394 Sq Ft, 29 points.
1-Bedroom BCV: 712 Sq Ft, 22 points.

How can having a bigger room at the Contemporary for less points (assuming they don't rise dramatically at VCR, of course) be a bad thing?

grim pirate:

erikthewise said:
Thanks for the encouragement Lisa!
Actually every day they don't announce a North Wing rehab makes the rumor more likely. I can't believe they would simply let it lapse into disrepair, even if they did not intend to use it. And that particular piece of real estate is much too valuable to let it go unused.

From Allears.net:

Contemporary Resort:

May 30 – Oct. 31: South Garden Wing will be closed for refurbishment
June 29, 2005 - February 19, 2006 - Tower room refurbishment. One floor will be blocked off at a time.

If they are going to refurb the North Wing and not turn it into a DVC, then they will start work sometime between Nov 1, 2005 and the 1st week of Jan. 2006. I can think of no logical reason why they would rehab the South Wing and the Tower, but leave the North Wing.

I expect that if they are going to rehab the North Wing then it will be announced within the next couple of months.

As we get closer to January date with no announcement, the more likely the DVC rumor becomes.

The same poster on the same thead has the south wing finishing on 7/06. He stated that DVC construction would begin after the rehab of CR (with the exception of the north wing). Soooo... maybe it begins in a year or so.

The_Insider said:
The first phase of the south is due back 01/06/2006
The second(last) phase of the south is due back 06/30/2006

Previously I was convinced it wouldn't be happening, been too long, must have passed it by, etc. Now I'm changing my tune. I'm with ya, erik and Stitch, as long as no rehab is announced on the north wing it is still a real possibility. The silence is deafening.

You know how they keep promoting DVC as the "Best Kept Secret?"

Well, if the VCR rumor comes true, then it will be DVC's "Worst Kept Secret!" Lol!

grimgrinnin said:
Value Season:

Hotel room at Contemporary: 394 Sq Ft, 29 points.
1-Bedroom BCV: 712 Sq Ft, 22 points.

How can having a bigger room at the Contemporary for less points (assuming they don't rise dramatically at VCR, of course) be a bad thing?

grim pirate:

I know, I know, but I really, really like the CR room as it is. It feels really spacious. I always feel crowded in the one bedroom at the non-OKW resorts. But as long as it is only the three of us, I guess it would be okay. Then again, I wouldn't bring anyone to stay with us at the CR either.

I figure if they do, there will be good opportunties for folks like me to buy up some points cheap... based on the things I keep reading I expect mass fire sale of existing contracts to buy new one's here. LOL! Since this resort has little to no appeal for me that would be good!

My theory is that this may very well be the ONE resort where 11 months is a big deal year round. It can't be THAT big and demand seems high. Kind of like 11 months at BC during the Food and Wine (which is the only place I have ever waitlisted at 7 months...)

We just got back tonight from BCV after 7 wonderful days.

I am gathering a full report, but I came across this thread. We took the Wishes Cruise from the Contemporary and our guide Sarah said they were definitely making part of the Comtemporary a DVC home.

I really love the location, just not to keen on the look of the resort.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter