Admin Please Close Thread.

I agree with your prediction, especially sorcerer since DVC has already had a run at the stock pile. Pixie never left so that’s probably not going away.
I just based my prediction off of Disneyland's AP sales. Their second and third tier passes sold out first. Their version of the Incredipass didn't sell out to my knowledge.

A tangent but the highest Disneyland pass being like $1600 and it STILL having block out dates is crazy to me.

I saw that too. Curious which ones they think might sell out.
I was thinking Incredipass, only because it’s the only pass available to everyone, not just DVC/Fla Res. I would also think it would be the most limited in quantity since it has no blackout dates and, therefore, would have an attendance impact on the highest peak times. Then I think it will go down in order of Sorcerer, and then Pirate, leaving Pixie available as it was before.

I could be wrong though. It’s happened before . . .

I was thinking Incredipass, only because it’s the only pass available to everyone, not just DVC/Fla Res. I would also think it would be the most limited in quantity since it has no blackout dates and, therefore, would have an attendance impact on the highest peak times. Then I think it will go down in order of Sorcerer, and then Pirate, leaving Pixie available as it was before.

I could be wrong though. It’s happened before . . .
Does anyone know if they make more of one type of pass available vs. another? I was wondering if more Incredipasses would be available than the others since those are the only ones non-FL residents can purchase?

I was happy I was able to apply my AP discount to our room reservation online once it was added to MDE without having to call.

Did anyone happen to notice how they slipped in the new DVC at Fort Wilderness announcement in with all the AP hullabaloo today? I’m still not sure how I feel about it. The design looks better than Reflections but I think I will miss having a cash option to book a cabin.

I just based my prediction off of Disneyland's AP sales. Their second and third tier passes sold out first. Their version of the Incredipass didn't sell out to my knowledge.

A tangent but the highest Disneyland pass being like $1600 and it STILL having block out dates is crazy to me.

Yep, $1,600 and you are completely blocked out at Christmas for 2 weeks. There was predictions that last Christmas was going to be slow at Disneyland but it turned out to not be true. It was still slammed. There is no way they will ever sell a 365 day annual pass any more at Disneyland.

Yep, $1,600 and you are completely blocked out at Christmas for 2 weeks. There was predictions that last Christmas was going to be slow at Disneyland but it turned out to not be true. It was still slammed. There is no way they will ever sell a 365 day annual pass any more at Disneyland.
If people are still willing to pay that price despite the block out dates, then it makes sense but that is just outrageous to me.

Updates for our adventures! On the 16th we went to Xcaret park. As we sorta thought mother-in-law and step-father-in-law declined going as they were just too tired (they had already paid for the tickets however but are never really concerned about monies lost) so it was just us 4 going.

First thing we did was go floating on one of the three rivers there. The water was about the same temperature as the cenote we went in a few days before but because many people tend to do it later when they are hot it gets very crowded then thus going first thing is better. This was a fun but tiring swim, whew, if you want a workout you'll get it!

received_3495262140797960.jpeg

received_1238716146843579.jpeg

We then walked around the park seeing the various animals. Here's just some

received_725553865935281.jpeg

received_1181877312496789.jpeg

received_3545576272384321.jpeg

received_113083781762887.jpeg

received_894393251638562.jpeg

We even took an afternoon nap at the cliff/beach edge just listening to the ocean in the shade

In the evening they had a 2 hour show that takes you through the history of Mexico from olden days to modern glimpses into the various regions of Mexico. It was the highlight of the day and such a production I don't know how they put it on every night.

On the way to the show they put actors all along the paths and up above a bridge to give you an immersive environment. Way cool for setting the mood
received_1240994286543476.jpeg

Us just waiting for the show
received_2017832075222829.jpeg

It was a long day but so much fun.

Oops forgot to add these other photos for Xcaret

received_800976461741760.jpeg

received_1265906100722599.jpeg

We opted to spend the 17th in the adults only area since we had access although waking up for a late breakfast due to Xcaret park the day before. Lounged on the Bali bed reading, spent time in the pool chatting with people and sipped on some rose

received_252054867390696.jpeg

received_249147860807604.jpeg

This was the day that we sucked at sunscreen usage lol. I got burned mostly on one side on my arm and back. I blame myself for my arm but my husband for my back :laughing: at least it was late in the trip and it's not too too bad. I'll just had a strange tan situation going on.

We got home to our house about 1:30am technically on the 19th. Our connecting flight from Houston to KC did get impacted by the SWA outage early on but was only a minor delay truly (like 20-25mins). I'm almost to normal today as far as alertness lol.

It was bittersweet leaving and we tried to spend as much time as we could on our last day (18th) enjoying it. Our transfer pick up was about 2pm so we got a good amount of last minute relaxing done.

Here's just some random photos

20230418_122428.jpg

20230414_061103.jpg

20230414_061017.jpg

The resort has two beach areas: traditional with just sand and palm trees and more short rocky beach with sand. We stuck to the rocky parts and so my photos are from that.

Every night they have pirate ships that sail out and shoot quick fireworks off. From what I understand it's like a dinner/show type thing??

20230410_195145.jpg

received_964889098281749.jpeg

The resort stayed on top of sargassum removal and luckily this part of the hotel zone already gets less. It was considerably more impactful when visiting Xcaret. I did notice this week seemed to be less busy than last week and they were slower to get the sargassum picked up even though they were still doing it.

It was an amazing trip!! even with the bumps early on I'm glad we went. I sure appreciate the ability to share with y'all and thanks for dealing with the long reading and plethora of photos :goodvibes

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson happy anniversary :love: Looks like your trip is definitely going quite well now. I think dh and I did the same tour (cenotes and Chitchen Itza) way back in 2008. I was 3 months pregnant at the time with our first because the trip had been rebooked from August 2007 when a hurricane came through the area.
Thank you! That's awesome you were able to do it although pregnant! Wow. I'm just thinking of how much walking we did and in the heat/humidity and then how it must have been for you whew!

Oops forgot to add these other photos for Xcaret

View attachment 754869

View attachment 754870

We opted to spend the 17th in the adults only area since we had access although waking up for a late breakfast due to Xcaret park the day before. Lounged on the Bali bed reading, spent time in the pool chatting with people and sipped on some rose

View attachment 754864

View attachment 754873

This was the day that we sucked at sunscreen usage lol. I got burned mostly on one side on my arm and back. I blame myself for my arm but my husband for my back :laughing: at least it was late in the trip and it's not too too bad. I'll just had a strange tan situation going on.

We got home to our house about 1:30am technically on the 19th. Our connecting flight from Houston to KC did get impacted by the SWA outage early on but was only a minor delay truly (like 20-25mins). I'm almost to normal today as far as alertness lol.

It was bittersweet leaving and we tried to spend as much time as we could on our last day (18th) enjoying it. Our transfer pick up was about 2pm so we got a good amount of last minute relaxing done.

Here's just some random photos

View attachment 754871

View attachment 754874

View attachment 754872

The resort has two beach areas: traditional with just sand and palm trees and more short rocky beach with sand. We stuck to the rocky parts and so my photos are from that.

Every night they have pirate ships that sail out and shoot quick fireworks off. From what I understand it's like a dinner/show type thing??

View attachment 754875

View attachment 754877

The resort stayed on top of sargassum removal and luckily this part of the hotel zone already gets less. It was considerably more impactful when visiting Xcaret. I did notice this week seemed to be less busy than last week and they were slower to get the sargassum picked up even though they were still doing it.

It was an amazing trip!! even with the bumps early on I'm glad we went. I sure appreciate the ability to share with y'all and thanks for dealing with the long reading and plethora of photos :goodvibes
Your photos are beautiful I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip!! We see iguanas everyday at my house. My neighbor has one that likes to live on his roof. My kids have named him Ignacio and gave him a backstory- he’s a teacher of little iguanas and on the weekends he likes to unwind with a beer and goes by the nickname Iggy to his friends 🤣
I saw one the other day literally leisurely cross the road at a crosswalk during a red light like it knew the rules of the road.

Your photos are beautiful I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip!! We see iguanas everyday at my house. My neighbor has one that likes to live on his roof. My kids have named him Ignacio and gave him a backstory- he’s a teacher of little iguanas and on the weekends he likes to unwind with a beer and goes by the nickname Iggy to his friends 🤣
I saw one the other day literally leisurely cross the road at a crosswalk during a red light like it knew the rules of the road.
My sister-in-law and her boyfriend must have taken so many iguana photos :laughing: everywhere we turned they were snapping more photos of ones of everywhere we went, if they were where you lived goodness their entire camera roll would be that! lol.

I love the nickname!

We bought annual passes once, about 20 years ago. They were about $400, less for kids, with minimal blackout days (maybe Christmas and NYE). Those days are gone forever!
I'd say less than $400 . 20 years ago closer to 300. Sure someone had a chart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter