Admin Please Close Thread.

I'd say less than $400 . 20 years ago closer to 300. Sure someone had a chart.

I got an annual pass back in 2004. I think it was around $350-375 at that time. I'm sure I have the paperwork somewhere. We were only going to be there for 7 days, but the AP room discount (at Pop Century) at that time made it worth buying me an AP. We saved more than the price difference between a 6-day ticket and the AP just on the room discount. Those days are *definitely* gone.

OK. After reading on the YC/BC thread where someone couldn't find a sun lounger because so many people had placed towels to "reserve" chairs when they were nowhere in sight, I feel the urge to rant. This really grinds my gears. We have seen this happen as well and it is such an entitled attitude that someone feels their group is more important than anyone else.

When we see this at a pool, we pile up all of our stuff on the pool deck near the chairs that are "reserved." Once we get out of the pool for a break, if the chairs are still unattended, and no other chairs have been vacated, we move their towels onto another chair and take 2 of the chairs for our group of 4. We have only once had someone get angry at us about that and it was our very first trip at CR. A woman showed up with her beach bag BY HERSELF after trying to hog 3 chairs. She barked at us for taking 2 of her chairs and we just shrugged our shoulders. No one else ever showed up to be with her so she was just feeling entitled and we called her bluff.

This also happens at busy CS restaurants and it annoys me to no end. A group will send one person to sit and reserve a table while everyone else is in line. People who have just picked up their food have no table to sit and eat because of all the jerks "reserving." This happened to us at Woody's Lunch Box and luckily after standing around a while, a guy caught my DD24's gaze and motioned for us to come over. As soon as we got to the table his party stood up and gave us their table as they were finished eating. We did the same when we finished to allow people who actually had their food a place to sit and enjoy their meal.

OK. Rant over......for now......

I got an annual pass back in 2004. I think it was around $350-375 at that time. I'm sure I have the paperwork somewhere. We were only going to be there for 7 days, but the AP room discount (at Pop Century) at that time made it worth buying me an AP. We saved more than the price difference between a 6-day ticket and the AP just on the room discount. Those days are *definitely* gone.
You're right.

https://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/wdw-ticket-increase-guide/

We did this as well back in 2009. We got one AP for the room discount and actually took advantage again in 2010 before it ran out. Now, it is just too expensive for the casual park going family like ours. I wouldn't consider it unless we KNEW we could use it twice within the same use year.

OK. After reading on the YC/BC thread where someone couldn't find a sun lounger because so many people had placed towels to "reserve" chairs when they were nowhere in sight, I feel the urge to rant. This really grinds my gears. We have seen this happen as well and it is such an entitled attitude that someone feels their group is more important than anyone else.

When we see this at a pool, we pile up all of our stuff on the pool deck near the chairs that are "reserved." Once we get out of the pool for a break, if the chairs are still unattended, and no other chairs have been vacated, we move their towels onto another chair and take 2 of the chairs for our group of 4. We have only once had someone get angry at us about that and it was our very first trip at CR. A woman showed up with her beach bag BY HERSELF after trying to hog 3 chairs. She barked at us for taking 2 of her chairs and we just shrugged our shoulders. No one else ever showed up to be with her so she was just feeling entitled and we called her bluff.

This also happens at busy CS restaurants and it annoys me to no end. A group will send one person to sit and reserve a table while everyone else is in line. People who have just picked up their food have no table to sit and eat because of all the jerks "reserving." This happened to us at Woody's Lunch Box and luckily after standing around a while, a guy caught my DD24's gaze and motioned for us to come over. As soon as we got to the table his party stood up and gave us their table as they were finished eating. We did the same when we finished to allow people who actually had their food a place to sit and enjoy their meal.

We had that issue at the Cancun resort we were at. People going out at 6am even to do it. You were issued a pool key to get towels and that didn't open til 7am which meant people getting them the day before and some people were just putting shirts, flip flops, hats, pool toys, etc on the chairs. It was annoying.

The thing about saving chairs is I bet you for the most part people who actually wanted that chair would find that chair empty if they waited til they actually wanted to use it..if everyone did that it more than likely would work that way. As is holding a chair for 4-5 hours til you come down after waking up and getting breakfast means those who want the chairs in the morning find slimmer pickins'.

I will say the resort we were at did have a ton of chairs and would bring out more when needed but it made for a frustrating experience having to circle around the several hundred chairs only to find so many of them with random towels and random personal belongings and know that the pool and beach area wasn't busy enough to account for that.

I've seen this at every single resort I've stayed at with a pool. Doesn't matter where. It's frustrating. I end up calling their bluff and remove the towels. I've never had an encounter where someone came back and was angry I took their seats.

The quick service table issue is one I hate too. I wish all of the quick services would do what Satuli Canteen did and only allow people to enter if they have an order to pick up.

The thing about saving chairs is I bet you for the most part people who actually wanted that chair would find that chair empty if they waited til they actually wanted to use it..if everyone did that it more than likely would work that way. As is holding a chair for 4-5 hours til you come down after waking up and getting breakfast means those who want the chairs in the morning find slimmer pickins'.

I will say the resort we were at did have a ton of chairs and would bring out more when needed but it made for a frustrating experience having to circle around the several hundred chairs only to find so many of them with random towels and random personal belongings and know that the pool and beach area wasn't busy enough to account for that.

This is so true. And for our group, we aren't "stay at the pool all day" kind of people. We are usually there about 3 hours. We could have gotten there and left before the lounger hogs ever showed up.

I really do wish Disney would have their CMs scan the deck areas for this type of nuisance. I am sure they could come up with some type of system and if people don't return to their loungers within 2 hours, their belongings would be put into a lost and found bin. If they posted a rule as such at the pools, I think people would think twice before trying to save loungers for hours.

I've seen this at every single resort I've stayed at with a pool. Doesn't matter where. It's frustrating. I end up calling their bluff and remove the towels. I've never had an encounter where someone came back and was angry I took their seats.

The quick service table issue is one I hate too. I wish all of the quick services would do what Satuli Canteen did and only allow people to enter if they have an order to pick up.

Yes!! I love that Satuli Canteen does this. I remember year ago on our first visit to SC, we were so happy that only people with food were allowed into the seating area.

It was a LONG time ago but.....I think some places at UO do this as well.

Yes!! I love that Satuli Canteen does this. I remember year ago on our first visit to SC, we were so happy that only people with food were allowed into the seating area.

ABC Commissary had a policy like this too when I went in May 2022 but I've heard this has since changed back to normal.

Thunder Falls Terrace in IoA does it too but I did see a few people ordering at the counter. Only 1 register is open though.

This is so true. And for our group, we aren't "stay at the pool all day" kind of people. We are usually there about 3 hours. We could have gotten there and left before the lounger hogs ever showed up.

I really do wish Disney would have their CMs scan the deck areas for this type of nuisance. I am sure they could come up with some type of system and if people don't return to their loungers within 2 hours, their belongings would be put into a lost and found bin. If they posted a rule as such at the pools, I think people would think twice before trying to save loungers for hours.
While it would be nice - the CMs (nor Disney) are going to get into touching (much less moving) people's stuff in any systemic way -

ABC Commissary had a policy like this too when I went in May 2022 but I've heard this has since changed back to normal.

Thunder Falls Terrace in IoA does it too but I did see a few people ordering at the counter. Only 1 register is open though.
We were at ABC Commissary in June 2022 and the first day we ate there we had to show our mobile order before we could enter but they were also having a problem with the POS credit card/MB readers at the registers so you could only order via the app or you had to pay with cash (yet another time we were glad we always carry some cash with us as our oldest daughter has a food allergy and can't order her meals on the app). We went back a few day later and we could enter without showing an order. It wasn't super busy at the time (we were eating either an early lunch or early dinner...can't remember which) so we sat at a table and ordered on the app. Our food was ready within a few minutes and there were plenty of empty tables so it wasn't like we were preventing someone with food from having a seat. But I agree that unless the restaurant is super empty, people shouldn't be allowed to be at at a table unless they have their food. We always seem to struggle to find seats at Pecos Bills when there are plenty of people sitting at tables without food and meanwhile we're walking around with trays of food an nowhere to sit. We finally found 1 table for like 6 people (we were a party of 10 plus an infant) and we just squeezed around the table with some of us standing. Meanwhile, there are people around us who *never* had food on their table the entire time we were eating.

We were at ABC Commissary in June 2022 and the first day we ate there we had to show our mobile order before we could enter but they were also having a problem with the POS credit card/MB readers at the registers so you could only order via the app or you had to pay with cash (yet another time we were glad we always carry some cash with us as our oldest daughter has a food allergy and can't order her meals on the app). We went back a few day later and we could enter without showing an order. It wasn't super busy at the time (we were eating either an early lunch or early dinner...can't remember which) so we sat at a table and ordered on the app. Our food was ready within a few minutes and there were plenty of empty tables so it wasn't like we were preventing someone with food from having a seat. But I agree that unless the restaurant is super empty, people shouldn't be allowed to be at at a table unless they have their food. We always seem to struggle to find seats at Pecos Bills when there are plenty of people sitting at tables without food and meanwhile we're walking around with trays of food an nowhere to sit. We finally found 1 table for like 6 people (we were a party of 10 plus an infant) and we just squeezed around the table with some of us standing. Meanwhile, there are people around us who *never* had food on their table the entire time we were eating.

I can't imagine how crazy it gets at the more crowded times of year at some of the most popular CS places. We had trouble at the end of January at an off time of day around 2pm at Woody's LB. I know they just added the TS in TSL so hopefully it will help a bit.

We have the same issue as DD22 has multiple food allergies and we cannot mobile order our food.

LOL on the cash.....we learned our lesson this year at FotArts. The food booth we were so excited to try had connectivity issues and could only accept cash so we had to eat at other booths. Our next visit to Epcot a few days later we brought cash jic because we were DETERMINED to eat from that booth!! Germany I think??? All was well with their systems that day but we were prepared.

Woody’all lunchbox is very difficult to find a seat at, we ate there in December and it looked like they were possibly expanding the seating area as the Disney nothing to see here walls were up.

I agree saving a row of chairs when no one is even going to sit in it save for 20 minutes is ridiculous. We aren’t ones to lounge in chairs around the pool so we usually take one chair for all five of us and put all the shoes and towels in one pile while we are in the pool. Aulani was nice as it had cubbies you could put everything and didn’t even need to leave stuff at a chair.

Amazing what I missed by not keeping up the last few days!

Searching for pool chairs and seats at counter service places cause me anxiety.

This is an alert I got this afternoon. I’m putting this in the hall of fame, along with the alert I received a year ago saying there was a naked man dancing on my block.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 5.16.24 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 5.16.24 PM.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 17

Not saving tables only works if everyone does it, as in someone at the restaurant enforcing it. Otherwise you walk around for 15 mins looking for a table and you end up sitting on a curb outside and wonder why you didn't just save a table for 5 mins.

I agree! We’ve stayed at many places that the staff removed belongings after X period of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter