Admin Please Close Thread.

I use my phone too when I’m out and about because all the kindles & apps will sync to each other on the same account. There’s a huge difference though reading with a dedicated reading kindle and an iPad/kindle fire and it’s the glare free screen. It cuts down on eye strain if you read for long periods and you can read anywhere in the dark to bright sunlight with a quick setting adjustment.

I go through about two kindles a year due to putting in my back pocket, in a bag, under my pillow, dropping in the water, etc. I do miss real books but find my hand gets a lot less tired holding it. The biggest problem I have found is that once joining KU I find I don’t read books I really want to as I am too cheap. When I had a Nook I used the library all the time. Having moved to a kindle several years ago I haven’t used the library on it yet. I need to figure that out. Maybe I will do that this weekend.

What kind of hiking boots / shoes do you wear? Merrells? Salomons? Something else? Most trails will be moderate. I want some that are easy to pack.

Speaking of hiking boots - since this is a Disney board, the epitome of Croc land - has anyone worn the all terrain Crocs?

No flames, judgment, persecution. For the record, I've never worn a Croc. But they did look like they *might* pass the muster.😁

This is torture or maybe the opposite .

Is anybody moderating the Boards anymore ?

I think “scrappinginOntario” deserves an honorary medal for her faithful moderating. ! …Thank You

”Admin Please Close Thread “

Speaking of hiking boots - since this is a Disney board, the epitome of Croc land - has anyone worn the all terrain Crocs?

No flames, judgment, persecution. For the record, I've never worn a Croc. But they did look like they *might* pass the muster.😁
I haven’t seen the all terrain one, so I have no input. However the fuzzy lined ones always confuses me because the beauty of crocs is that you can just use some soap and water and they look like new, I just don’t see how they would wash well and/or the fuzzy liner staying put long term.

DH works Sat-Mon 12 hour shifts so DD and I have lots of girl time on the weekends. Tonight she wanted to give me a makeover. Let's just say Tammy Faye ain't got nothing on me!!
We need pictures. We need to judge the level of Tammy Faye ness you achieved.

My then four year old DGD would fix my hair and be disappointed I wouldn’t wear it like that to the store. I mean it looked like drunk monkey with his eyes closed level. Give a kid a handful of hair clips and watch out!

This is torture or maybe the opposite .

Is anybody moderating the Boards anymore ?

I think “scrappinginOntario” deserves an honorary medal for her faithful moderating. ! …Thank You

”Admin Please Close Thread “
All who happen upon our happy not closed thread are welcome to join in the random conversation. You may or may not get reported if the OP comes back to visit.

I have no recommendations for hiking shoes as there’s not really much need for the flat lands of South Florida, however the on running shoes are amazingly comfortable walking all day at WDW. Best shoes I’ve ever had for all day comfort.

All who happen upon our happy not closed thread are welcome to join in the random conversation. You may or may not get reported if the OP comes back to visit.
I just wanted to know the outcome of the OP !
It would be a great finale !
I do think it is inconsiderate for the OP that Dis has turnEd this into a never ending joke , I guess.
They just wanted it to be deleted and that should have been honored.

Promise to not visit this thread anymore unless to “Report”

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter