Admin Please Close Thread.

SO our cat (sorta ours--well, he originally belonged to a neighbor down the road but he decided he liked us better) was named Jasper by his original owner. We started calling him Mittens--although he is an all black cat which makes no sense I know--and he really responds to it. Most of the time we just shorten it to Mitty.
My daughter named her cat Romeo. I never forgave her!

Last edited:
We just had an interesting run in with a fellow MK guest who got up in my husband’s face about getting too close to him while walking by. 🤷🏻‍♀️ he was cursing and calling him names and insulted his cargo shorts 🤣. The dude was clearly hangry and the lady with him was yelling at him too to cut it out. I said to him this is not how people act at a family theme park and we all walked away. He proceeded to still yell at us as we walked away. All I was thinking was I don’t want to be featured on the Disney blogs for fighting in the parks.
I always wonder, why are people so nasty and miserable?? :confused3 On top of that you're at WDW on vacation!! Chill out people! And seriously....what did the cargo shorts did to him??! He got some serious issues....hope he started feeling sorry after he got fed! What a CHILD! 🤪

We were in AK a few weeks ago, and the bird show by the tree of life was going on where they soar overhead but a little low ... a "guest" "adult" tried to jump up and grab one right next to me ... I turned to him and his wife and said: "and what exactly were you going to do with the bird once you caught it" ... he stammered and looked embarrassed and then his wife just started chewing him out ... enough said I guess ...
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ You can't fix stupid....

I used to be pretty fashionable, but not anymore. I have lymphedema in my right calf from the surgeries when I broke my leg. I wear a very fashionable farrow wrap now, and generally don’t wear dresses unless required. At home I’ve never had anyone say anything but my best friend and I were on a cruise and a woman actually looked at my leg, and said I should cover it.

I’m dreading going to the parks in September as I’m thinking I’m likely going to need to wear either shorts or a skirt as it will be so hot.

Why would that woman feel she needed to comment on your leg? People are so weird sometimes! Yeah, I wear a compression sleeve most days but sometimes I just need a break from it. Luckily, we had really gorgeous weather on our Jan/Feb trip this year so my sleeve didn't contribute to overheating. I think we will choose that time of year to visit whenever possible. It was fabulous for weather, crowds, and FotArts.

This is so true! No one, however, would ever accuse me of being fashionable in my everyday life, but in the Disney parks it's all about utility. I request that my DH wears his cargo shorts so that I don't have to carry as much in my fanny pack. I used to use a mini-backpack but since I developed lymphedema in my left arm (cancer....the gift that keeps on giving :p) I can't wear anything that is restrictive/irritating on my shoulder. I would never wear a fanny pack with a disney shirt while also sporting tevas in my regular life, it's basically a uniform at WDW. I am always perplexed and super envious of those women dressed so cute with the perfect summer dress wearing cute espadrille wedges and an adorable Disney bag all looking like they have never perspired a drip in their life. Did they actually walk into the park like that or is there some supertram that I don't know about that dropped them here? How do they look so cool and put together when the rest of us are sweating like pigs? If anyone here is this person or knows the secret, please do share!!!!
Hhhmmph should have been Crocs.

Two cats: Pickle (also a 7lb runt) and Moo
Two gerbils: Snicker and Doodle
One diva Shih Tzu: Honeybun

For the record, my favorite pet's name security question is never actually one of my pets. 🤣

I used to be pretty fashionable, but not anymore. I have lymphedema in my right calf from the surgeries when I broke my leg. I wear a very fashionable farrow wrap now, and generally don’t wear dresses unless required. At home I’ve never had anyone say anything but my best friend and I were on a cruise and a woman actually looked at my leg, and said I should cover it.

I’m dreading going to the parks in September as I’m thinking I’m likely going to need to wear either shorts or a skirt as it will be so hot.
Ignore those people! Wear what you feel comfortable in, you definitely don’t want to overheat in the Fl sun.

Wrigley Field! Ding Ding Ding! - And our Dog is named Wrigley :)

7294411204_6632fc4bf4_b.jpg

Yes, Esther was 14 when she passed and was the sweetest girl. She would lick Bridget’s face every morning first thing. Bridget learned to tolerate the licking.
Chocolate labs are the best. So sweet and loving. My girl Jewel LOVED swimming. Absolutely obsessed with the water. I had a pool growing up and she actually learned how to unlock the pool lock to get into the pool.

Meanwhile Sophie (who is a BMD) hates water and refuses to walk through puddles when it rains. She's a diva 🤣

Chocolate labs are the best. So sweet and loving. My girl Jewel LOVED swimming. Absolutely obsessed with the water. I had a pool growing up and she actually learned how to unlock the pool lock to get into the pool.

Meanwhile Sophie (who is a BMD) hates water and refuses to walk through puddles when it rains. She's a diva 🤣
Yes, Esther LOVED going to the cabin. She would dive off the end of the dock and catch frisbees, balls, you name it. It was hard to get her out of the water.

Her sister meanwhile, is more of the lounge on the deck sort of a dog.:dog: She also doesn’t like to walk in the grass when it’s muddy.

The cat comment made me think about pet names. Do you like the trend of human names for pets? Or are you more of a traditionalist?

Said cat’s name was Ennui. Ennui spent many years in love with our neighbor’s tomcat, Bubba. Bubba was 20 lbs and ruled the neighborhood. I kept trying to tell Ennui that she did not want to fall for a guy named Bubba but her meows told another story.:love:

I LOVE the name Ennui for a cat. Food names are fun too, like cats named sushi.

We have three cats named .. Clark, Addison, and Ivy - do you know why?

I was going to say I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW but @eksmama01 beat me to it.

I lived in an apartment on Clark and Belmont. Was quite a hopping area.

Absolutely! I've also embraced skorts wore some of those last year in Disney not as utilitarian as cargo shorts but the pockets on the ones that have them that I wore were great for holding things at least for a bit. We also had a park backpack (a packable one from Eddie Bauer).

I think you scored big at least getting a pocket in those exercise dresses but they could have given you two!

Oh they might have two, they are en route in the mail right now! I will cross my fingers. :laughing:

OMG how rude of her. I'd probably snap back something just as rude, she needs to mind her business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter