"Adults" eating kids meals

Freyja

<font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den
DD (soon 12) might sometimes like items on the kids menu more than on the adults menu (like at Coral Reef). Would she be allowed to order of the kids menu when we´re on the DDP and they would charge her an adult TS credit?

from what i heard this question awnserd to

you can but its better to just pay for it and put the credit to something else.

from what i heard this question awnserd to

you can but its better to just pay for it and put the credit to something else.

Are you sure that you can do that? I would think that after 10 years they needed to pay adult prices at TS places, but I´m not sure.

When DS was 11 and we were on the DDP, there were quite a few TS restaurants that he didn't want the "adult" meal. We payed OOP for his kids meal (even used our DDE card for the 20% discount) and saved his "adult" TS credits for another meal later in the trip. We just told our server when we ordered that there would be 3 meals on the DDP and one kids meal OOP. Got 2 bills at the end of the meal with no problem at all :goodvibes

Are you sure that you can do that? I would think that after 10 years they needed to pay adult prices at TS places, but I´m not sure.

My DD11 does this at about half the restaurants. It has never been a problem.

When you are on the DP you can elect to pay for any of the meals out of pocket and then use the credits for something else. My sister is picky and at one signature restaurant we are going to she will be ordering a plate of pasta with butter. I have no idea what Disney will charge for this but I am going to guess it's a LOT less than what 2 TS credits are worth. I will pay for her meal and we are going to have an additional breakfast later in the week.

When we went back in 2005 we were on the free DDP, my 2 ds were 10 & 11 and not big eaters. We went to a wide variety of TS resteraunts and we just paid out of pocket for their meals and any wine or beer that we had. The only time we did not use this approach was when we ate at Chef Mickey's or at the Biergarten in Germany.

When we go next week, my DS (who is 13 now) is still a fairly picky eater & I am hoping to order chicken fingers/burgers off the kiddies menu for him if we go anywhere exotic.

On our July trip, I (a 50 something adult) ordered off the children's menu and paid OOP for it...and got the 20% off with the DDE. Anyone can order off the children's menu and pay the children's price.

If you are doing this, by all means pay OOP and save the credit for something where you will use it's value.

Another option with the DDP is that a person aged 10 or above can order an "adult portion" of an item on the children's menu. In this case they are served twice the amount of the child's portion and "pay" with an adult meal credit.

My daughter was considered an adult on the deluxe meal plan and there were 2 times she ordered off off the kids menu - once at a counter service place and once at a table service place. I had to use one credit for each but at the CS place they upgraded her to a larger drink and she got dessert and at the TS place she was able to get a larger drink, an adult appetizer, and an adult dessert in addition to the kid meal entree. This was last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter