After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

I called and was told as long as tickets are not used they can be used as a credit toward another event such as Halloween party or different After Hours...this is fine with me.

Yes that is correct. Technically nonrefundable but the value won't expire if you don't use them.

I’m going to AH at HS on 5/3...I’ll go in with a positive attitude; it won’t do me any good to worry.

I don’t intend to do ToT, so maybe that helps...or not. I figure I’d do the Mickey and Minnie ride, then do Rise/Smuggler/Star Tours...I’ll head to Slinky Dog/TSM after, unless the SW rides lines are too long, then maybe I’ll flip. I’m going to try and use LL...

Anything I can’t do, I’ll do another day, so I won’t freak out - I hope, lol- at really long lines. I’ll just do what I can.

I've done AK After Hours and we were thinking of doing MK this past time but it sold out. I'd love to do HS as it has the most rides that I like, plus I'd love to get photos with a lightsaber in front of the Falcon.

I don't think I reported back about my March 8th experience, but with all the reports I'm seeing, it might help someone. No ToT for me, and I had been on MFSR before the party started. I'm a big TSMM fan, so i know others might not choose as many rides there as i did. At 930 i rode Aliens. TSMM x2 and went to get snacks away from toy story land where the lines were long. I walked on MMRR and star tours. I walked the queue for RotR with no wait, maybe 15 min, grabbed more snacks and headed back into toy story land. I waited maybe 20 min for slinky dog and had time for one more ride. I chose TSMM over slinky. I left at 1230 and took a bottle of water for the road.

YES you can continue to use the DAS pass throughout the entire after hours event in exactly the same way you do during regular park hours. Even with posted wait times of 10 minutes at Peter Pan I used mine. I also used it for guardians, just book the virtual que and then enter thru the lightening lane. Hope you have a great trip

Hi there! So you were able to see the DAS in the app and schedule each ride as usual? If so, when did it show up in your app? When youchecked in to the park? Thanks!

For the paid after hours event, NOT the extra hours for deluxe resort guests, do you still need a virtual queue to ride Guardians or is it just regular standby for the event.

For the paid after hours event, NOT the extra hours for deluxe resort guests, do you still need a virtual queue to ride Guardians or is it just regular standby for the event.
I don’t think they’ve officially said. But it’s listed with all of the other rides on the info page about the event.

Hi there! So you were able to see the DAS in the app and schedule each ride as usual? If so, when did it show up in your app? When youchecked in to the park? Thanks!
it worked EXACTLY the same way as during regular hours, as soon as we tapped in and were waiting to get our armbands i booked our first ride for 7:30, i used the last one for a final Peter Pan as we walked past around 12:30. We rode everything we wanted with zero waits, it was perfect for me! I don't handle crowds well at the best of times and my mom had died the day before so i was a tad shell-shocked and this allowed us to just quietly take in the surroundings.

it worked EXACTLY the same way as during regular hours, as soon as we tapped in and were waiting to get our armbands i booked our first ride for 7:30, i used the last one for a final Peter Pan as we walked past around 12:30. We rode everything we wanted with zero waits, it was perfect for me! I don't handle crowds well at the best of times and my mom had died the day before so i was a tad shell-shocked and this allowed us to just quietly take in the surroundings.

I am sorry to hear about your loss of your mom. Thank you for sharing about your DAS experience. I had not thought that the lightning lanes were closed during after hours.

I'm not sure, but they do have buses at HS for BC/YC/BWI when the boats are down because of lightning so it's not unheard of.
We went to the After Hours at DHS earlier this month. We were heading over about 9 PM from the Boardwalk and didn’t see any boats going over so ended up having to walk, which was tough for my husband as he had a sore leg and was getting a scooter once we arrived at the park.

At the end of the night it was bus service only - we waited for a while, and when none came we decided to just order an Uber, but luckily a taxi pulled up right before we placed the order. The event ended at 12:30 AM but we left sometime between 1130 - 12. Perhaps there were more buses once the event ended but it was a bit frustrating as there was no one there to ask about when a bus might be arriving, and we didn’t feel like waiting around for another hour.

I was so hoping that Disney would get their act together after multiple frustrating reports. Thank you to everyone who shared feedback from last night. We are attending on 4/2 and I have gone from being incredibly excited about this to now wishing I never would have spend the money. In order to try and salvage as much as I can, how does this plan sounds? See Fantasmic at 8:30, then maybe Muppets or Star Tours, adn then at 9:30 head to Toy Story Mania (2x), then to MMRR, then grabbing a treat, and then trying Slinky and ending the event at ROTR?? Does that sound like a decent plan? Would love to fit in TOT, but not sure if that would be possible based on wait times.
We did this in early March. While the park wasn’t crowded that week, there was spillover from day guests. I hate to say this, but I would recommend trying to get ROTR done before the AH event. Maybe with an ILL?

ROTR sucked up at least an hour of the 3 hour event. There wasn’t a long wait but you had to walk all the way through the line which was moving but did stop at times, so about 25 minutes going through the line and the attraction itself is at least 20 minutes in length.

We arrived at DHS at 9:30 pm, and the only attraction open without a wait at that time was TSM so we did that and were able to go on MMRR after that without much of a wait. Following that we split up, with some of our party going to our ROTR, and the others going to TOT (which they were able to do twice while we were in ROTR). We had planned to end the night at SDD but there was still a wait at 11:30 PM so we gave up and left.

Although I originally posted that it was a good use of time and money, in hindsight (now that a couple weeks have gone by) I think I’ve changed my tune. I probably wouldn’t do AH again at DHS. Just not enough attractions, with several wait times after 10 p.m,p. We each did 3 attractions over the first 2+ hours of the event before we petered out -so it came out to a cost of more than $30 per attraction per person, based on the ticket price. Not a good use of funds in my opinion. Also had to wait in line for popcorn at 11 pm.

I will say that one of our party wasn’t feeling well that evening, and when we arrived at the park I went to Guest Services and they actually gave me a refund for the ticket, which was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
Is there a list anywhere or attractions that are *not* open during MK AH? I’m assuming Carousel of Progress won’t be running (so we’ll have to get in before normal close) but I want to make sure we don’t miss any of the “classics” that they won’t keep open late.

Is there a list anywhere or attractions that are *not* open during MK AH? I’m assuming Carousel of Progress won’t be running (so we’ll have to get in before normal close) but I want to make sure we don’t miss any of the “classics” that they won’t keep open late.
The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor closes early, and some of the meet and greets are not available. Also Tom Sawyers Island is closed.

We have tickets for after hours for HS on 4/5. Do I need an ILL$ for ROTR to ride that evening? If so, when would I need to purchase?

We have tickets for after hours for HS on 4/5. Do I need an ILL$ for ROTR to ride that evening? If so, when would I need to purchase?
ILL is only for regular park hours - they can't be purchased for After Hours events. So if you want to ride before HS closes, sure, but if during the event, no. I'll be there too so see ya there!

ILL is only for regular park hours - they can't be purchased for After Hours events. So if you want to ride before HS closes, sure, but if during the event, no. I'll be there too so see ya there!

There have been several recent reports of people purchasing an ILL$ with the AH tickets only.

Whether you do so is up to you. I do know that ROTR seems to not drop below 40 min even during the event from what I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter