Again here to say hello and to announce Free Dining 2016

If I get this package in Auguast and have an AP they will load the 2 day bace ticket to my account and then when I renew my FL Silver AP in December there will be 215.13 credit towards that correct ??

I am an AP holder. Last year I took a solo trip during FD in September. I booked 3 nights at POP at rack rate, got 2 day PH & free QS dining. The free QS was a better deal than a room discount. I went to guest services the 1st day and had them remove the 2 day PH from my MDE account and put it on a plastic ticket. When I went again in October I again went to guest services and renewed my AP and had them apply the 2 day PH towards it. I just had to pay the difference.

I am an annual passholder but this is my first time trying to book free dining. I have a couple questions:

1. We are planning on taking a 10 day vacation in mid September. Do I need to purchase a 10 day park hopper or can I purchase a 2 day park hopper to have free dining for the entire trip?

2. Whichever pass I purchase, I just go down to Guest Services and ask them to put it on a plastic card. Then when my renewal date for annual passes comes in January I will get a credit for the amount of the passes that I purchased?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We are planning on checking in on Aug. 14th
Will this be hard to get at the values on Monday when it opens up?
I really do not want to set my alarm (worked 12 1/2 hr shifts all weekend) but I will if I have to ...

We are planning on checking in on Aug. 14th
Will this be hard to get at the values on Monday when it opens up?
I really do not want to set my alarm (worked 12 1/2 hr shifts all weekend) but I will if I have to ...

It will be difficult, but I really think 8/23 is the more likely start date.

Okay, I'm a little late to the party...

Everything I had been reading about FD this year said it wasn't starting until August 24th or something like that. We're going August 17th. So i had been ignoring everything!!! This is the first I've seen that it's starting as early as the 14th! IS THAT TRUE???? This could change everything!!!

I had gotten a good deal on the Poly and had resigned to going without the dining plan but now may have to rethink things... How sure are we that the start date for FD is really going to be that early?

I know what you mean, i too got a deal for poly this August 14-22 and wanted to just bite the bullet and treat myself to going there. This will probably be a once in a lifetime thing for me. I saved $1000 for meals so far and not going to worry about it. We would even eat counter service or off property sometimes. a few years back we went two years in a row when it started mid August then it became end of August for a few years. This year I didn't count on fd figuring it would be at the end again. If FD comes out I'm not telling my husband because he is the type that would get excited over that and tell me to change resorts. I just can't change my plans now and pretty much am going to ignore it for this year

Our dates are pretty flexible but we would like to go to the Food & Wine Festival. We can't go until the end of October so if the FD dates are as expected we would miss out on this deal.

If we book a few days room only before the 15th of November then a package for the remainder of our stay with enough park days on our pass to cover both, are we able to activate the park tickets from the package to use early or do we have to wait until the second check in date?

Our dates are pretty flexible but we would like to go to the Food & Wine Festival. We can't go until the end of October so if the FD dates are as expected we would miss out on this deal.

If we book a few days room only before the 15th of November then a package for the remainder of our stay with enough park days on our pass to cover both, are we able to activate the park tickets from the package to use early or do we have to wait until the second check in date?

You can activate tickets up to 10 days early.

Anyone else noticing resort prices with higher categories (view, etc.) that would perhaps be required for free dining or room only have increased $50/night or more in the past couple days? Don't know if it's Disney raising prices so they can give FD or RO discounts but still get the same revenue or just folks booking up resorts hoping to resort to one of the offers.

Anyone else noticing resort prices with higher categories (view, etc.) that would perhaps be required for free dining or room only have increased $50/night or more in the past couple days? Don't know if it's Disney raising prices so they can give FD or RO discounts but still get the same revenue or just folks booking up resorts hoping to resort to one of the offers.

No I haven't. I just checked some random rates for Preferred, Water View and King rooms at CSR, CBR and POR and they are the same as the rates have been since they were announced last year. :confused3

Thanks for the information!

I'm planning a trip from November 5-11. I think this means I'm out of luck on both promotions? No free dining or room discounts for that week? Sigh.

Thanks for the information!

I'm planning a trip from November 5-11. I think this means I'm out of luck on both promotions? No free dining or room discounts for that week? Sigh.

I'm in the same boat. Hoping another room discount will be released later....

I'm in the same boat. Hoping another room discount will be released later....
Second week of October for us, and the two resorts preferred views i've been tracking for the past two weeks are now up in rates as well. So no discount and i'd pay more for the same as i would a couple weeks ago.

My dates are November 12-19, will I be able to get any days free dining???
If the first day of free dining turns out to be Nov 15th then you would either have to move your dates or do a split stay, with one reservation for Nov 12th, 13th and 14th and then the free dining reservation would start on Nov 15th. You can pick up your park tickets early but you would have to pay OOP for dining.

If the first day of free dining turns out to be Nov 15th then you would either have to move your dates or do a split stay, with one reservation for Nov 12th, 13th and 14th and then the free dining reservation would start on Nov 15th. You can pick up your park tickets early but you would have to pay OOP for dining.
So what happens to your magic band? Do you not use them for both sets of dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter