Again here to say hello and to announce Free Dining 2016

You can activate tickets up to 10 days early.

I had asked this on another thread and called Disney today to get a definite answer. I was told you cannot activate park tickets in advance of your package. (we also would need room-only for 4 nights and free dining 11/15)
If the cast member was wrong, and I can activate 10 days early, what about making FP+? I can't find this anywhere on the WDW website which is why I called. AArgh. Thanks in advance!

I had asked this on another thread and called Disney today to get a definite answer. I was told you cannot activate park tickets in advance of your package. (we also would need room-only for 4 nights and free dining 11/15)
If the cast member was wrong, and I can activate 10 days early, what about making FP+? I can't find this anywhere on the WDW website which is why I called. AArgh. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the Phone CMs have ALWAYS said it can't be done. Well we have done it about 12 times now. It used to be only 3 days early, but that changed about 6 months ago to 10 days early. Just about any CM working a Guest Relations, which is where you would have to do this, knows how to do it. My parents just did this about 4 days ago with no issues.

Now as far as FP+ goes, you won't be able to make them for those days outside of your package. No biggie IMHO as those days are usually bonus days for us.

When I was there in March and did a split stay I was able to access them the day before - but they said only one day before - of course you should verify this but that's what happened to us

When I was there in March and did a split stay I was able to access them the day before - but they said only one day before - of course you should verify this but that's what happened to us

You can access them up to 10 days before your package starts.

why are they requiring you to get a park hopper ticket or a water park pass for the free dining? I never had to do that before for the free dining when staying at a moderate hotel. Also when I go in November there is only one water park open and disney quest is gone

You can access them up to 10 days before your package starts.
It seems logical that you should be able to but we only needed it the one day early so I didnt question but that's what they said - I hope it works out for you ! Please report back what

why are they requiring you to get a park hopper ticket or a water park pass for the free dining? I never had to do that before for the free dining when staying at a moderate hotel. Also when I go in November there is only one water park open and disney quest is gone

$$$$$$$$

Hello fellow watchers! I'm definitely late to this party... so have we decided if it's best to call right at 7AM or wait until it's gone live on the website at 6AM CA time? I don't mind getting up to call, but don't want to spend my morning on hold and get through before we can do anything. We did have AllStar Movies booked, bummer that that will be excluded. However, after crunching some numbers it looks like we could possibly do a moderate for the first time ever since we've already booked and budgeted for paying for the DDP. We are thinking of Caribbean Beach! So excited! We always opt for free dining and I'm so excited it's happening! Thanks everyone for the great info here!! One other quick question, anyone know if we will have to pay the difference in ticket prices to change to the free DDP/diff hotel? We booked this trip last May before ticket increases and the tiers happened...

It was this way last year too.

DQ is still open for now.

So a cast member just told me free dining usually is only within the dates of the promotion, she thinks that is always how it has been. I know I asked previously, and I do remember it always being that you needed to check in while free dining was being offered and then you get it from the whole trip ...
FRUSTRATED!
Am I crazy, or are they not correct?!?!

So a cast member just told me free dining usually is only within the dates of the promotion, she thinks that is always how it has been. I know I asked previously, and I do remember it always being that you needed to check in while free dining was being offered and then you get it from the whole trip ...
FRUSTRATED!
Am I crazy, or are they not correct?!?!

I am fairly certain you are correct. As long as you check in during one of the dates you should be fine!

so have we decided if it's best to call right at 7AM or wait until it's gone live on the website at 6AM CA time?
Many people are going to try to book their free dining online rather than waiting for the phone lines to open at 7am EST. Some people think it could possibly become available online as early as 4am EST.

uhm...aren't we in daylight savings time? So...7 am CDT, or 4 am CDT...or 6 am CDT here in Texas. To be technical. :crazy:

I tore a hamstring and it really hurt pretty badly last night--so much that I was unable to sleep until early morning---all I could think of was, darn! Why couldn't free dining have started tonight!? :crutches:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter