Ahsoka

I don't think it will connect directly, but indirectly it does a little. We have already seen in many shows the setup for The New Republic's failure, nascent signs of are-emergent threat, cloning experiments, etc. Even in Ahsoka, we see Senator Xiono, the father of a character form the animated Star Wars Resistance, which is firmly entrenched in the Sequel Trilogy.

I find all of that stuff to be good things however....

I don't think it will connect directly, but indirectly it does a little. We have already seen in many shows the setup for The New Republic's failure, nascent signs of are-emergent threat, cloning experiments, etc. Even in Ahsoka, we see Senator Xiono, the father of a character form the animated Star Wars Resistance, which is firmly entrenched in the Sequel Trilogy.

I find all of that stuff to be good things however....
and the Ghost being in the battle scene at the end of Rise.... Ahsoka talking to Rey at the end. It all connects, but I dont think they will need to rewrite the sequels or the new Rey movie to connect what they are doing now with what they did. I dont think they will attempt to fill in every second between now and the Force Awakens. Isn't the attempt to connect Ahsoka with Mandalorian-BobaFett in some grand wrap up Filoni fest movie?

Although we have gone down the rabbit hole of Mandalore, I still think there is a lot of unanswered questions about Grogu's provenance and I have a feeling that Grogu is going to have a connection to this other Galaxy where Thrawn and Ezra went... Grogu has a skill with creatures not unlike Ezra's so I suspect there will be Purgill taming.

Like I said, my mind is going to go ALL OVER until the next episode

In my opinion. They would be smart to use the WBW and Veil of the force to erase the Sequels. You do that and you immediately bring back all the OT fans that hated the sequels. You can then fix the damage you did to Luke. However, there is zero chance Disney will do this.

Best case scenario would be just forget about everything before and take Star Wars to a whole new galaxy with all new characters. That way they can quit devaluing the existing OT characters.

One thing that we haven’t really talked about here that was a huge emotional blow for me was learning that Sabine’s
family died in the Great Purge of Mandalore. I’m guessing that’s part of the reason for the tension between Sabine and Ahsoka.

One thing that we haven’t really talked about here that was a huge emotional blow for me was learning that Sabine’s
family died in the Great Purge of Mandalore. I’m guessing that’s part of the reason for the tension between Sabine and Ahsoka.
wonder if this also translates to BoKatan?

Most likely since Clan Wren eventually aligned themselves with Bo-Katan over Clan Saxon and joined the Spectres. Ursa was a part of Deathwatch when Bo-Katan was and was part of the resistance with Bo-Katan during the Siege of Mandalore so there was a loyalty there that probably meant that they all stayed to fight during the purge. Hopefully we’ll get some clearer details in a future episode 🤞

Most likely since Clan Wren eventually aligned themselves with Bo-Katan over Clan Saxon and joined the Spectres. Ursa was a part of Deathwatch when Bo-Katan was and was part of the resistance with Bo-Katan during the Siege of Mandalore so there was a loyalty there that probably meant that they all stayed to fight during the purge. Hopefully we’ll get some clearer details in a future episode 🤞
Perhaps it is going to be a lot to wrap up in 4 more episodes. I think this is going to end leaving us with questions/ storyline that get answered later. Perhaps Sabine will crossover to the Mandalorian. It would be a natural extension... seeking answers, BoKatan rebuilding Mandalore

Perhaps it is going to be a lot to wrap up in 4 more episodes. I think this is going to end leaving us with questions/ storyline that get answered later. Perhaps Sabine will crossover to the Mandalorian. It would be a natural extension... seeking answers, BoKatan rebuilding Mandalore

My understanding is that all of the Favreau/Filoni stuff will dovetail into a movie to cap it all off - at least that is the current plan.

My understanding is that all of the Favreau/Filoni stuff will dovetail into a movie to cap it all off - at least that is the current plan.
yes, but before that we have another Mandalorian season... and then the movie? Or possibly more than 4 Mandalorian seasons.... One article I read seems as Favreau is in no rush to stop.

Is Favreau even still involved lately? I haven’t seen much suggesting he is even actively working on content. Mando 3 certainly looked like John had lost interest in making decent SW content. Was he even there during Mando 3, because I would find it shocking he would have been ok with the celebrity cameo stunt.

Jon produced Ahsoka with Dave and has said he’d already written the scripts for Mando S4 during post-production on S3 before the strike so yeah, still involved.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the-mandalorian-season-4-written-ahsoka-1235531752/

He was also heavily featured in the S3 Making of Mando Gallery episode and was on set with Jack Black and Lizzo etc and seen laughing and joking around with them. Considering he wrote the episode, he must have had casting in mind while writing it so I doubt it was a shock to him who ended up playing those roles.

I never noticed until someone else pointed it out but apparently Brendan Wayne was one of the X-Wing pilots with Hera in this last episode. Maybe that’ll shut him up now lol

Don’t see how anyone can consider Mando 1-2 even remotely in the same vein as the hot garbage of Mando 3. It certainly appears to my eye that Favreau or Filoni or someone lost interest.

Maybe I am wrong though.

Don’t see how anyone can consider Mando 1-2 even remotely in the same vein as the hot garbage of Mando 3. It certainly appears to my eye that Favreau or Filoni or someone lost interest.

Maybe I am wrong though.

Why do you equate you not liking it with "they must have lost interest." They made what they made. I would argue that THEY like it. Heck, I liked it fine, though I can definitely admit that Season 3 was weaker than the first two. When the bar is set that high though, it's hard to always match it. It's not like it was terrible or anything though - just a little unfocused. I am sure Jon, Dave, and all of the creators are proud of it.

Last edited:

Maybe I am wrong though.
lol your tastes are yours and do not apply 100% to everyone. I know I very much enjoyed Mando 3, as well as my family. See that is the thing for as many folks who hate something there are as many folks that like it. I could have cared less about Lizzo/Jack Black, i thought they were meh... but my 22 year old daughter loved them and was so excited. The celebrity cameos have been going since the beginning. Sometimes they work... sometimes they dont. But they are brief and only a minor part of the big picture of the overall stories being told.

There will never be consensus. I love all the new stuff on Disney +... others dont. But there is no way they will ever get everyone on board. LOL i totally believe all these folks who hold the OT so dear as the ultimate...... if it came out today, they would all pan it. Too often it seems as if folks think it is fashionable to be super critical all the time and always be: This all sucks now" ... not unlike a teen... always too cool for everyone else.

Mando season 3 viewership was down significantly compared to Mando 1-2. I don’t think I am alone in my criticism.

I was a huge Mando fan (have t shirts to prove it), until it went off the rails in season 3.

I don’t fit into any box you are attempting to place me in. I like what I like, and you like pretty much everything Disney makes.

Where you and I disagree is Star Wars fans (Me included) all want great Star Wars. No one wants to dislike anything Disney makes. However, if it stinks (book of Boba, Mando 3, and Obi Wan), it simply stinks. No amount of Star Wars love can overcome bad writing, bad stories, and bad acting. All simply my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Mando season 3 viewership was down significantly compared to Mando 1-2. I don’t think I am alone in my criticism.

I was a huge Mando fan (have t shirts to prove it), until it went off the rails in season 3.

I don’t fit into any box you are attempting to place me in. I like what I like, and you like pretty much everything Disney makes.

Where you and I disagree is Star Wars fans (Me included) all want great Star Wars. No one wants to dislike anything Disney makes. However, if it stinks (book of Boba, Mando 3, and Obi Wan), it simply stinks. No amount of Star Wars love can overcome bad writing, bad stories, and bad acting. All simply my opinion of course.

But, for me, it has all been great Star Wars. So, what does that say?

I think part of the reason why Mando S3 might feel on the unfocused side is because the reunion between the heart and soul of the show was shoehorned into another character’s show along with Pedro’s TLOU schedule forcing them to have Din redeem himself way too quickly and without too much hardship at the beginning of the season. I would imagine a lot of people probably felt like those story threads from the end of S2 were undone too hastily in S3 because the reunion happened elsewhere and so the emotional payoff didn’t really stick. We never really got to see much of Din having to navigate the galaxy alone again now aside from those 2 episodes in TBOBF and I guess maybe some viewers felt cheated by that idk.

Dave puts his entire being into Star Wars so I doubt he’s lost interest. The two of them are trying to map out a concise storyline over multiple shows and an eventual film with multiple writers and directors etc and that takes a lot of energy and focus to make sure they’re not contradicting or conflicting with each other. Not all of it is always going to be the pinnacle of top tier and might feel like filler sometimes just like in any franchise that’s being going awhile. I trust Filoni’s vision for Star Wars the most out of everyone because I know how much he loves it and wants to tell good stories. Not everything is going to please everyone and that’s okay! There’s parts of Star Wars that I don’t like or agree with it but I simply just skip it or don’t read it and put my energy and focus on the bits I do like instead.

I read a rumor that Favreau was told he had to get Grogu back to Din asap, due to grogu being the cash cow for Disney. Perfect example of people that don’t know what they are doing dictating a creatives story line. If this is true, it is an example of what needs to stop at Disney. Get KK and her flying monkeys and the bean counters away from the stories being told.

One of the reasons George was such a genius, is he didn’t allow anyone to force him to make a change he didn’t agree with. His vision was the vision for Star Wars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter