Ahsoka

Crazy, crazy week, but did get to watch Tuesday night, and have re-watched first episode. There are so many details I missed, and want to see again. Wow! what great storytelling. Just like starting a great arc from Clone Wars, or to me, very reminiscent of the pace/ story building from the prequels. Seeing everything in live action was awesome ! LOVE! Lothal looked incredible. Sabine was great in live action. I'm still adjust to both Ahsoka and Hera's portrayals, but they were both still good. Ahsoka is still very sullen, quiet, introspective, but I know there's good reason for it. I do hope she'll have some more light hearted moments as the series goes on. Looking forward to more in depth explanation of hers and Sabine's training.
All of the lightsaber battles were fabulous. Can’t wait to rewatch and got the next episodes.

Last edited:
Enjoying it so far. I must say though, the fact that my wife and I both watched the clone wars and rebels animated series helps a lot. Can't imagine watching this not having known the entire backstory\characters etc.

Enjoying it so far. I must say though, the fact that my wife and I both watched the clone wars and rebels animated series helps a lot. Can't imagine watching this not having known the entire backstory\characters etc.
I do think it is so much more rewarding if you have watched the animated shows before watching the new live action Ahsoka series, as someone mentioned it has been fun seeing the little things, Ezra's helmet collection, understanding the significance of the tower, Sabine racing down that causeway.... Those are things that dont get explained, but that are sweet to see in the new series. But I do not think it is not a utter requirement or deal breaker for those on the fence about watching if you have not watched the animated series. they so far have done a good job of explaining important background stuff in episodes #1 and 2.

*spoilers for ep 3*

3rd episode watched and there were some nice moments but still feeling kinda eh about it. It just felt like one big space fight but that silhouette of Ahsoka with her sabers out when she first came out of the ship was absolutely stunning. The cinematography is absolutely fire for this show so I’ll give it that.

Loved seeing live action Jacen and how much he looks like Kanan 🥹 Also glad to finally get confirmation that the senator talking with Hera and Mon is Kazuda’s dad from Star Wars Resistance since there was a lot speculation that he was before the show aired.

*spoilers for ep 3*

3rd episode watched and there were some nice moments but still feeling kinda eh about it. It just felt like one big space fight but that silhouette of Ahsoka with her sabers out when she first came out of the ship was absolutely stunning. The cinematography is absolutely fire for this show so I’ll give it that.

Loved seeing live action Jacen and how much he looks like Kanan 🥹 Also glad to finally get confirmation that the senator talking with Hera and Mon is Kazuda’s dad from Star Wars Resistance since there was a lot speculation that he was before the show aired.

We knew going in this episode was going to be super short, I think I read the shortest episode of any SW live action series. I wanted more! I love how they addressed the elephant in the room, with Sabine and Ahsoka talking about the Force. Space battles were extra long....maybe too long, but so very well done, and should satifsy anyone who wanted more of that.
Wow, I totally missed that was Kazuda's dad. I only watched about 2/3s of the first season of Resistance. but did watch the finale since it ties in to Force Awakens. wow. Wonder if Mon Mothma will help found the Resistance?
Teared up seeing Jacen.....brought back all the feelings.....

Last edited:
Tbh I’ve been staying away from a lot of leaks and news etc this time because I spoiled so much of Mando S3 for myself leading up to it and regretted it so I had no idea this was going to be the shortest episode.

The space battle was definitely something that felt like it was straight out of an episode of The Clone Wars, which was enjoyable, but I’m just the kind of person that enjoys the slower, character building moments myself and sometimes all of the “pew pewing” gets a bit much for me.

I agree that that talk between Ahsoka and Sabine was much needed and was exactly what I was saying to a family member of mine who’s watching too over the weekend. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mon goes behind the senate’s back and helps out Hera in some way since there’s history there between them and I forgot to add in my first post about how cool it was to see Purgils in live action too since they were only hinted at in the last season of The Mandalorian. I’m really hoping we’ll get a cameo of Freddie Prinze Jr. later on in the season as Kanan’s force ghost because of how much the actor playing Jacen looks like him.

I love space battles, so I was into it. I jsut wish they would linger on the ships a little more, so I could get a good look at them.

Def should have waited for there to be 2 episodes again. Good but a quick filler IMO.

helmeted pilots where you can't see their face are the Red Shirts of Star Wars... likely doomed.

I’m pretty surprised that reviews seem around 50-50 on Ahsoka on people online that have reviewed the show. I really expected this to be a little bigger of a hit than it is. Maybe as it goes it will heat up and finish really strong. With no real data on viewership, maybe trending on social media is the only thing we have to gauge popularity by.

I plan to watch it eventually, but time is an issue right now for me. I just expected this thing to be a smash hit, and I am not sure the viewership really supports that.

Last edited:
I’m pretty surprised that reviews seem around 50-50 on Ahaoka on people online that have reviewed the show. I really expected this to be a little bigger of a hit than it is. Maybe as it goes it will heat up and finish really strong. With no real data on viewership, maybe trending on social media is the only thing we have to gauge popularity by.

I plan to watch it eventually, but time is an issue right now for me. I just expected this thing to be a smash hit, and I am not sure the viewership really supports that.
LOL... I don't think you should watch then... I mean the reviews and all .... and you are so pressed for time... How is Andor going?

I’m pretty surprised that reviews seem around 50-50 on Ahaoka on people online that have reviewed the show. I really expected this to be a little bigger of a hit than it is. Maybe as it goes it will heat up and finish really strong. With no real data on viewership, maybe trending on social media is the only thing we have to gauge popularity by.

I think there may be a few viewers like my wife and I. I like the show, but don't love it. Biggest complaint so far is the flat characters. Their personalities, say compared to those of their cartoon counterparts in Rebels and Clone Wars just aren't the same. (At least in my opinion).

They nailed the looks, but for example, Ahsoka, while I love Rosario, seems to "serious". In the previous series she was even called snips by Anakin for her cocky and quick type attitude. I realize the events of this show are set later and she has matured, but she now seems to much like a matured\serious Jedi than the Ahsoka we new and loved.

I think there may be a few viewers like my wife and I. I like the show, but don't love it. Biggest complaint so far is the flat characters. Their personalities, say compared to those of their cartoon counterparts in Rebels and Clone Wars just aren't the same. (At least in my opinion).

They nailed the looks, but for example, Ahsoka, while I love Rosario, seems to "serious". In the previous series she was even called snips by Anakin for her cocky and quick type attitude. I realize the events of this show are set later and she has matured, but she now seems to much like a matured\serious Jedi than the Ahsoka we new and loved.

She was a teenager who got framed and tossed out of the Jedi Order for a crime she did not commit... only to have to live life on the run for the next few decades as a fugitive Jedi, fighting a war as a rebel against the very people she once loved and trusted.... losing almost everyone she ever loved and cared about....
she is still plenty cocky.... serious and mature does not bother me at this point, I would expect her to be less of a happy go lucky snippy teen and be more serious, she has experienced a lot of trauma and death.

The fact that “the fandom menace” types on Reddit/Twitter/YouTube are currently losing their minds over three women (Ahsoka, Sabine & Hera) having the audacity to cross their arms in this show says it all about the current state of the Star Wars fandom 🙄

The fact that “the fandom menace” types on Reddit/Twitter/YouTube are currently losing their minds over three women (Ahsoka, Sabine & Hera) having the audacity to cross their arms in this show says it all about the current state of the Star Wars fandom 🙄
Sadly there is a heavy aspect of the fanbase that is seemingly threatened by strong female characters. I have a feeling that this show with three of them in the leads will def. do some triggering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter