AI in Film; Will It Stop You From Seeing Movies?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
On another forum, someone posted that they aren't going to watch Late Night with The Devil because the film has THREE AI generated images in it. My thought process is, if you're going to boycott a movie because of something that may or may not stand out, then you weren't going to see it to begin with.

That being said, I can understand if AI dominated the movie, from the script, to the visual effects and that inbetween, but for THREE pictures? The outrage seems farfetched.

I LOVE what they can do with computer graphics in films... as long as it's realistic, I'm in for AI.

Well for the most part I don't even bother going to the movies anymore - very little of interest that isn't just a mediocre remake or that is just preachy.

In the end for me it we depend on how the AI was used. Writing maybe.
Creating a non existent AI person as a character - not too bothered by that.

Using AI to reproduce an actual person for an entire movie, say Cary Grant - Id not be too happy at all.

I kind of like the crude special effects used in the 1939 version of Buck Rogers. Hey, they tried! Fast forward 6 minutes into this clip for an example.

On another forum, someone posted that they aren't going to watch Late Night with The Devil because the film has THREE AI generated images in it. My thought process is, if you're going to boycott a movie because of something that may or may not stand out, then you weren't going to see it to begin with.

That being said, I can understand if AI dominated the movie, from the script, to the visual effects and that inbetween, but for THREE pictures? The outrage seems farfetched.
Well I have not heard of this movie and know nothing about how much the AI was used either. Movies have been using CGI for a long time. I know actors were concerned about losing jobs to AI.

Well I have not heard of this movie and know nothing about how much the AI was used either. Movies have been using CGI for a long time. I know actors were concerned about losing jobs to AI.

Its a horror movie that's coming out soon and apparently they used 3 images generated by AI. Three.

Everyone has a different definition/idea of exactly what AI is. Everything done with the aid of a computer did not suddenly become an example of AI. I doubt anyone who watched the Star Wars movies thought everything on the screen was real, no one I can recall was 'upset' or 'outraged' over that. All Disney animated movies are created using computers and the animators no longer manually draw every frame by hand. Computer generated images have been used for a LONG time in movies for all sorts of special effects.

I like the CGI stuff well enough for bringing creative images to life. However, if there is a full shift of an entire film to make studios more money I suspect things will become so utterly unwatchable plays will pop up on street corners like in Shakespeare's day again. Maybe a second Renaissance for plays isn't a bad thing...

I notice the AI influence in so many articles, they are either super bland, redundant or incoherent if it gets too long- like the written version of a CGI face where you just vibe something is terribly off so it feels creepy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter