Airline underseat storage measurements?

This is what I have used for several years now. I have never been unable to fit it under the seat in front of me, including small commuter aircraft, MD-80s, 737s, 757s, etc.This includes those seats which house power ports under them.

I use this weekly (x 3 years) and it still looks brand new. The angled inserts are really nice when you have to retrieve your laptop without disturbing the other items you have packed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsonite-Silho...5354805QQihZ020QQcategoryZ16085QQcmdZViewItem

Hi guys, I've bought a guitar with case and soon I'm going to go back home. I asked about it at the airport, but they never answered my questions strictly. I'd like to put it in that storage taht is above head, but I don't know whether it will fit or not. Do you think or do you know whether a case of 47inches long will fit in that storage or not? Thanks a lot for your time and help. Btw,it should be pretty big plane (US -> Europe).

Hi guys, I've bought a guitar with case and soon I'm going to go back home. I asked about it at the airport, but they never answered my questions strictly. I'd like to put it in that storage taht is above head, but I don't know whether it will fit or not. Do you think or do you know whether a case of 47inches long will fit in that storage or not? Thanks a lot for your time and help. Btw,it should be pretty big plane (US -> Europe).

_________________________________________________________________The (flight attendants) will store that on the plane for you, or at least they did last year for my son. He went from Shreveport to Chicago w/his trumpet & they stored it in a closet for him on American Airlines.:)

Good luck

jean

In case anyone is still interested, here are the SWA under the seat measurements:

window seat: width 18", height 9 1/2", depth 18"

center seat: width 18 1/2", height 9 1/2", depth 18"

aisle seat: width 10 1/2", height 9 1/2", depth 18"

I have this very old (at least 10 years) rolling backpack and its great. It fits under the seat in front of you, has multi-pockets, and carries loads of stuff.

Two years ago my husband broke the front piece that helps it set level when standing upright. I was able to have it repaired but keep expecting it to break again. There's only been one time when it would not fit under the seat and that was when we sat in an emergency exit row on a US air flight. We usually sit in exit rows and in most cases it will fit. The time it did not fit was when we were on a bigger plane then we usually fly. We take trips 3 to 4 times a year; and, have flown on US Airways, Delta, AA, and Southwest with it; and, it has always fit under the seat.

I keep looking for another one in case this one breaks but have yet to find one like mine. Mine has about 7 pockets which helps get me organize and if it doesn't want to fit depth wise under the seat in front of me all I have to do is unzip the pockets and let the air out and it will fit. And I love how easy it is to roll versus carrying a heavy bag around the airport especially when we take my 15.4" laptop.

My current bag measures 19" long (including wheels) by 13" wide and has the ablitlity to expand to 11" in depth. The brand name is Mudd. I would love to find a spinner bag that would work as good as this one does but I am always afraid I would buy something and it would not fit under the seat. If anyone has a spinning bag that fits under the seat in front of them and has multiple pockets (3-4) I would love to know about it.

Ohh, this is an old thread! And, I'm still having the same problem! I am always looking for a rolling bag and carry the underseat measurements (see my post below) in my wallet in case I see a rolling bag I think might fit.

Finding a rolling bag to fit under an AISLE seat is impossible. Middle and window seats are bigger. It is the aisle seats that are the problem.

I think that your question is impossible to answer, because measurements under the seat can vary so much, depending on the seat. Space can be blocked by electronic equipment. Space under some seats is narrower than under others.

Or they place them in the first bin with room and continue walking to the back of the plane, leaving the remaining people in front to go hunting for space.

I find this very annoying. Especially when the plane lands and these same people try to push their way up through the crowded aisle to get to the bag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter