Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I try my best to only go shopping once every 2 weeks but because of my dietary restrictions I need to go to multiple stores so I make a day of it. After I put away all the schtuff from metro I had lunch and headed back out but because I wasn't aware it is Donald Duck day I had to change first! I was being all prideful since it's June (had 2 people thank me and one person ask if I would make her one 😱)Screenshot_20200609-172947_Messages.jpg
but I had to represent for the rest of the day!
Screenshot_20200609-173220_Gallery.jpg

Foodland On Flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1362771Spend 200 get 100 airmiles
Buy 5 @$3.99 each General Mills cereals get 95 airmiles (blue bonus) all week.

Sobey On Flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1362767Spend $200 or more get 125 airmiles
Buy $25 worth of General Mills product get 100 bonus miles
Bonus offer good from June 11 to July 15th

Metro On Flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1362621
Sobeys Urban Fresh
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1362773

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Sobey On Flyer
Spend $200 or more get 125 airmiles
Buy $25 worth of General Mills product get 100 bonus miles
Bonus offer good from June 11 to July 15th
So I wonder if you could double dip on those offers???
I just bought 3 boxes of Cheerios so I really don't need 6 more but...……..

Sobey's actually looks pretty good this week. Maybe my bi-weekly shop will be there this weekend. And I have a credit on my AM mastercard due to refunds for my hotels from our August trip, so groceries will be sort of free :)

Just had my son read the fine print on the Sobeys offer. It doesn't mention that you can't get a gift card as part of the purchase. Does that mean we can?

Thoughts.

I always get my son to read fine print for me too ;) Though in my case I think I need reading glasses lol.

Not sure I want to spend $200 this week at Sobeys, perhaps if I also have a good loaded offer.

Sobeys will work for me this week as that is my regular and only shopping store. I was trying to decide whether to shop today or tomorrow and tomorrow wins out because of the offer and the fact that grapes are on sale tomorrow. I may be able to do the General Mills offer but will have to look into it further.

Neighbourhood Front Porch Pantry
(Free take what you need).

So I noticed one not far from me. I got to thinking that maybe some seniors/ non car drivers or mobility challenged people can't get to a Food Bank?:goodvibes
So my son and I dropped off two big bags of groceries last night.
I will probably do the Sobeys cereal Blue Bonus and donate again.

Hugs
Mel

Just had my son read the fine print on the Sobeys offer. It doesn't mention that you can't get a gift card as part of the purchase. Does that mean we can?

Thoughts.

Hmmmmm I'd love to know for sure.
Where is Donald? she always knows the answers to this stuff?
Paging Donald!!!

Hugs
Mel

Hmmm $200 spend for 150 AM is very unappealing. But it looks like there might be enough extra AM deals to make it worth it. As much as I don't like buying Cheerios because of the glyphosate controversy, my husband has complained endlessly that we never have them in the house...
Well I have until the 17th to decide if we really, really need more groceries. Somehow I doubt it. Ordering through Wholesale Club has been a budget saver (as long as we don't do crazy things like buy a case of Reese's PB cups) !

So I wonder if you could double dip on those offers???
I just bought 3 boxes of Cheerios so I really don't need 6 more but...……..

Thoughts.
Hmmmmm I'd love to know for sure.
Where is Donald? she always knows the answers to this stuff?
Paging Donald!!!

Hugs
Mel
geeze, can't a duck sleep in occasionally 🤪🤭 but that would be a no actually. It's too hot upstairs for me to spend my regular leisurely hour or so in bed reading my email, glancing at posts here and on Facebook. When I got up I got distracted by my mask production line, doing dishes, eating breakie. Then hubby needed to go buy safety glasses and shoes for a site visit that's urgent and he wanted company !
answers to questions
: only earn miles on gift cards two ways

1. an offer specifically mentioning gift cards, either in the flyer, one of the big bonus promos or a targeted offer. (I had one once!)
  2. An offer to spend money on a credit card at a sponsor, there's no way for the credit card company to differentiate what you've bought.

combining the offers to maximize your miles:
100% YES so long as you meet each stated terms you will earn all of the bonus miles. This specific flyer if you buy $200 worth of one of the general mills cereals in that selection you'd walk out with a ton of miles.

Just got this offer by email on both of my AM's accounts. It looks good, I just haven't had need of much gas since the start of this virus. I have spent $20 on gas in three months. So I guess its good news and bad, lol.

Until July 5, 2020

Get 20 Bonus Miles

every time you use 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles or more at participating Shell locations.*
(95 Cash Miles = $10 towards your purchases)**

geeze, can't a duck sleep in occasionally 🤪🤭 but that would be a no actually. It's too hot upstairs for me to spend my regular leisurely hour or so in bed reading my email, glancing at posts here and on Facebook. When I got up I got distracted by my mask production line, doing dishes, eating breakie. Then hubby needed to go buy safety glasses and shoes for a site visit that's urgent and he wanted company !
answers to questions
: only earn miles on gift cards two ways

1. an offer specifically mentioning gift cards, either in the flyer, one of the big bonus promos or a targeted offer. (I had one once!)
  2. An offer to spend money on a credit card at a sponsor, there's no way for the credit card company to differentiate what you've bought.

combining the offers to maximize your miles:
100% YES so long as you meet each stated terms you will earn all of the bonus miles. This specific flyer if you buy $200 worth of one of the general mills cereals in that selection you'd walk out with a ton of miles.
Since we are admiting things......I also stay in bed for a while every morning now. I make my breakfast and bring it back to my bed, turn on the news and get the laptop. I've been trying to maintain my normal, going to work, wake up/get up time.....with about 60% success. Until this week I was staying in my bed browsing the interwebs and listening to the news until around 10am :rolleyes1 With the temps getting so high this week I've been up and moving by 8:30-9am so that I could get out and get in my 4km walk before it gets too hot. I'm not sure if I like this new routine.....it's making the day a lot longer.

As to the double dipping....I'm doing to give it a go. I don't need the cereal right now so I will donate most of it. I WISH I could spend $200 on this.....just can't right now. Still no sign of going back to work and I've slipped a little lately on the spending front. Don't tell but I ordered some clothes online. It's been making me crazy getting the daily emails from my favourite stores and everything is 50% off plus free shipping.

Last edited:
Don't tell but I ordered some clothes online. It's been making me crazy getting the daily emails from my favourite stores and everything is 50% off plus free shipping.
Hope you didn't order from Northern Reflections. I ordered some new tops on May 20 and am still waiting on them to even be shipped. I want my new tops - I am tired of wearing my tops from years ago.

I'm going to drop this link in several threads to make sure that anyone who's affected by this is fully aware. I'm not sure if some of you have stopped reading other threads so I'm sharing here as well
We've only been given 48 hours to comply with mandatory mask wearing in any establishment in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Ontario health unit - very large area suddenly all of my family and friends have popped up begging for masks

https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/news...er-section-22-health-protection-and-promotiom
and an article from our local paper

https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...g6pqnc2kuxncjgcbk3n_9as#.XuDwR5Pxf5Q.facebook

Please let me know if my numbers are correct?

So I am going to buy

26 boxes of cereal
26 x $3.99= $103.74
= __500_____ airmiles **Nope I am wrong it would be 5x95 airmiles = 475 airmiles

4 x $25.00 spend on General Mills product (100 airmiles for every $25 spent)
=__400_____ airmiles

So 900 Airmiles right? **Nope I'm wrong it would be 875 airmiles right?

Thanks and hugs
Mel
Online education/report cards has fried my brain

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter