Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Off topic question. How far in advance can I download and fill in the US border app? Can I put all the information in ahead of time and then just upload the QR code when we see the agent. I remember someone going through the steps a while back. Trying to get my ducks in a row.

Sort of back to the l;and of the living today.
Thanks hdrolfe for your post about Metro & Miles.

I have had a rotten 5 plus days ............. running a bad migraine and couldn't take it anymore yesterday ,,off to walk in clinic as my Dr was not able to see me.
They sent me to the Hospital in Milton. All day testing as they thought it was a Mastoiditis ,,,,infection of the skull.
Lovely clouds on the top of the CT scan. (turned out to be migraine ,,, haven't had one in 15-20 years.
They treated me with a cocktail of drugs and it seems to have broken the cycle. (Fingers crossed).

My older brother was hospitalized at Oakville hospital yesterday for pneumonia,,,, hoping he does well and recovers soon.

Company I bought my A/C from (2021) has gone out of business,, ,no warranty for me. I called Jiffy on Demand and had it serviced today ,,,no leaks (Freon) and looks ready for the season. Yeah my pocket book is taking a beating right now.

Picked up 8 individual grocery items with airmiles attached and paid separately for them each. I was hoping I'd get a carousel roll for each purchase but if not that's ok. (Metro).
Cashier in self check out was impressed with my airmiles focus!
So far my suitcase rolls have given me just over 200 airmiles.

Time for an afternoon :cat: nap.

Have a great day!

Metro Ont Flyer
Milk is a good price.
Oh and reebee is changing to FLIPP APP.
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/13406/1513200?sourceID=10&position=28

Last edited:
Off topic question. How far in advance can I download and fill in the US border app? Can I put all the information in ahead of time and then just upload the QR code when we see the agent. I remember someone going through the steps a while back. Trying to get my ducks in a row.
It was THIS duck who talked about using the app :P Yes, fill in everything - your passport numbers, full names, details about your trip.
Open the app and click on the Preclearance plane
Click on the big plus sign and enter all of your details
Then under the Select Travel Information start typing the name of the airport ---
OK so I just tried to do it again so I could talk you through the details but it seems to be having a headache.

Basically I filled everything out and it let me save it until we were actually in the terminal. Give it a try, otherwise do it before you get into the security line so you're ready to go!

MPC ? The only info that the app saves is your passport. Once you have scanned them, they stay there. You can fill in the other info anytime the day off...possibly the day before. Technically, you are supposed to fill it in when you are at the airport. One important thing is to make sure you remember the log in info as the app will ask you to log in after 24hrs. If you are using Face ID then you are fine.

WOW....I'm on an AM roll today and I don't mean that in a good way. I went to Metro to get a few things that were on sale and to make use of the 10x offer. Driving over I thought....I'll also buy a Disney gift card for the BMO portion of the deal. So not keeping track of the grocery amount because at some point I was tossing so many extra things in the cart that I figured I would be fine. Right...I ended up with $56 and some VERY impatient idiot behind me so I just couldn't deal with anymore sighs and eye rolls so I did not make the run for another item to make it to $60. His big problem I think was the cashier. She's a tiny older lady that I feel like is way past retirement but needs the money. Bless her...she gets a little confused and often has to ask for help so it's a slow check out. Anyway, I added in a $500 gift card and really hope that gets me some miles. Then after I got home I realized that today is Thursday I had not yet loaded the new Metro offers. Surprise!!!!....I missed out on some extra miles. I do have one of those Metro offers from the carousel so at least I got that.

I just rechecked the 10X offer and there are multiple sections for BMO.....I have no idea what I'll be earning on my purchase today. It sure as heck better be 10X because other wise I think I would have been better off just charging my WDW purchases to my Amex.

AND....I got an email from Air Canada saying that there is a change to my flight. Times are still the same but they have changed aircraft. Excellent...now it's legacy AC not Rouge but I paid for seats that gave us no neighbour. Now that is no longer an option. I looked in the app and it still shows us with the same seat numbers in one area but in another it shows no seat numbers. The new plane those are preferred seats at double the price I paid....so don't know if they are mine or not. I guess I'm going to have to go through the pain of calling.

I started watching her on City TV (in the early 1990's) when I lived in Toronto and was home with my oldest. Then we moved to Ottawa and no City TV for a while but after a year or so Rogers picked it up. I switched over to CTV when she made the move there. I don't watch everyday but I'm going to miss having her on TV. She's been a constant fixture in my adult life.

I wonder if someone else will take over the show (with a new name of course).

Me to. She's not the most energetic talk show host. I think it was yesterday I saw a few minutes of it, someone was cooking up something and the camera panned to get both of them in the shot. She was rolling her eyes. I think she was caught off guard. It did give me a laugh.
I used to watch occasionally....I'm not home much at that time of day. It got really stale, really fast. The show never changed. Now, if I'm going to watch something like that I prefer something along lines of The View and primarily just the host chat. I would rather watch/listen to a debate on current events than how to fold towels.

I used to watch occasionally....I'm not home much at that time of day. It got really stale, really fast. The show never changed. Now, if I'm going to watch something like that I prefer something along lines of The View and primarily just the host chat. I would rather watch/listen to a debate on current events than how to fold towels.
Anyone ever have a bad experience with wayspa e-gift cards using your air miles cash miles?

Anyone ever have a bad experience with wayspa e-gift cards using your air miles cash miles?
Can't speak to the AM's part of it but I can tell you that I would not suggest WaySpa to anyone unless they really check out what is near them and what they offer. I was getting a lot of them from my children for different occasions. At first they were great, there were tons of places around that took them. Just before covid about half of the places decided that they would no longer take them. I was using them for massages with no problem but the last time I went to that spa they would not take them for massage. She told me I could only use them for hair going forward.
We now only have six places that take them in my area and last I checked, the way you could use them was limited. 2 of the offerings are for Yoga, only one is for massage and that is a recent addition to Wayspa. The rest are for treatments only such as manicure or pedicures.
I ended up giving my sister a few hundred of my cards for manicures and I still have a few hundred left. Just make sure you have a place near you that does offer what you are looking for.

Can't speak to the AM's part of it but I can tell you that I would not suggest WaySpa to anyone unless they really check out what is near them and what they offer. I was getting a lot of them from my children for different occasions. At first they were great, there were tons of places around that took them. Just before covid about half of the places decided that they would no longer take them. I was using them for massages with no problem but the last time I went to that spa they would not take them for massage. She told me I could only use them for hair going forward.
We now only have six places that take them in my area and last I checked, the way you could use them was limited. 2 of the offerings are for Yoga, only one is for massage and that is a recent addition to Wayspa. The rest are for treatments only such as manicure or pedicures.
I ended up giving my sister a few hundred of my cards for manicures and I still have a few hundred left. Just make sure you have a place near you that does offer what you are looking for.
Thank you

My bad experience is different. On 28 March 2023 I ordered a $100 way spa e-gift certificate and had it emailed directly to my daughter in Alberta for her Birthday. It went to her email address as a gift. She checked before and the spa accepted the wayspa e-gift cards.
She booked her massage for 31 March 2023 and tried to use the e-gift card for payment and it’s would not work.

She contacted wayspa at least two times to try and get it resolved. Sent to two different departments at wayspa assigned a case number.

On 7 April 2023 she received an email from wayspa case resolved e-gift card good to be used at any wayspa location in Canada.

Sent this information to her spa. Again the e-gift card does not work. The spa tried calling wayspa for help, and they claimed they could only deal with my daughter, not the spa.

I called Onyx air miles this morning to find out if they can help, or refund my 950 air miles. Claim they cannot help. My daughter has to call wayspa again, and ask for a resolution from wayspa according to airmiles.

I can guarantee I will never use my airmiles for another wayspa e-gift card. It has been a hassle and still isn’t resolved.

My daughter called wayspa today and now the e-gift card doesn’t exist. She took a screen shot of the e-gift card and has that. She asked to speak to a supervisor and has another case number. She has requested a physical gift card be mailed to her.

I am out 950 airmiles I can’t get back, and the spa wants to be paid

The spa was lovely and the massage was great. The spa has been very patience waiting for their payment. She is going to pay with her credit card. I sent her $100 to cover the e-gift card that never worked, and probably wont ever work.

My daughter wants to go back to this spa they were that good.

Akkkk this is just too perfect, a couple of months late but dang I would love this to add to my collection of nerdy Skyliner schtuff
Guardian Popcorn bucket
It's a sign.
Time to book another Trip!
There has to be a special Birthday or Anniversary coming up?
c674be9ea0d18556e0620f1e6ef34462.jpg

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
So I am thinking that if Metro really wants me to SPEND money they should give me this prize,,,, Lol
Gift Card$25 Metro Gift Card$25.00120Region 4: Ontario

I'd really like this Prize though :) :love:
Dream RewardDyson Cyclone V10 Animal+ Cordless Vacuum$750.006Region 1: National

I did already get this Prize so maybe that's it for me this time around.
Reward Miles50 AIR MILES Reward Miles from BMO4800Region 1: National

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter