Airmiles Armchair Chatter

O/T
Does anyone know if Michael's Craft Store ever offers instore craft classes , (Adults)?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

O/T
Does anyone know if Michael's Craft Store ever offers instore craft classes , (Adults)?

Thanks
Hugs Mel
I think they do. Just checked and they have some coming up and I think I asked once and it was any age can attend. Maybe give your store a call tomorrow and ask them.

50 Bonus Miles​

Spend $100 on Shell Gift Cards in a single transaction.*
Ends: December 31, 2023
shell1.jpg

Offer valid November 6 to December 31, 2023 at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you spend $100 on Shell Gift Cards in a single transaction. Maximum of 50 Bonus Miles per transaction. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

I was updating my tracking chart and, man oh man, all of these card link / flash offers are confusing me and some have overlapping dates. I need to add more detail to the chart and also write on the receipts the expiring dates of the offers.
I try but I'm not even sure if it would help since they post with so little detail! Keeping track of what I'm owed is a lot of work!!

I have a shell offer of 95 bonus miles when I fill up with 30L of v-power, and then 25 bonus miles for every weekly fill of 30L after that until December 31. Now, normally I wouldn't spend the extra on gas, but between that and my monthly 100 bonus miles for shell, might as well do it. I have a small car anyways so what's an extra couple of bucks for more miles LOL Atlantic Canada doesn't get the in-store gift card deals, so only gas from shell for me.

My nephews girlfriends card had a Shell offer of earn 1 am get 100 so we jumped on that for her. We haven't used her card since August so guess they wanted her back.
My Shell offer is the normal fill 3 times get 50 fill the 4th time get another 50. We haven't been making these as my nephew hasn't been to work since August due to a car accident so he hasn't had to put gas in his car.

My son did get a offer of 190 airmiles if he downloaded the Shell APP. Plus get 95 Airmiles if he did a 30L fill up before the 9th Nov. I just filled up the tank a few days ago so nope ,,I am down to 1 fill up a month now.
Hope your Nephew gets better soon Judy.
Hugs Mel

Off topic - trying to help my grade 9 kid with his math homework... I think math has changed since I was in grade 9. It used to be my subject, I was good at it. Now, not so much. At least I can still do my airmiles math. I am rather glad he's in semesters though, only have to worry about math to the end of January. Then it'll be some other subjects I guess.

If I use Cash miles at Shell to pay for gas, can I still earn miles?

I need one more fill up of 30L for November, but I want to start using my Cash miles to pay for gas.

Off topic - trying to help my grade 9 kid with his math homework... I think math has changed since I was in grade 9. It used to be my subject, I was good at it. Now, not so much. At least I can still do my airmiles math. I am rather glad he's in semesters though, only have to worry about math to the end of January. Then it'll be some other subjects I guess.
During Covid lockdown, DD was in grade 6 and they were doing long division. Oh my days, I couldn't figure out what the heck the teacher was showing them. I promptly showed her how WE used to do it and she caught on right away. They have literally 100 steps for one equation now. Oh, and I forgot to mention she was in French Immersion, so math in French to boot!

Just searching flights on AMs and I am confused. Are taxes and fees included in the AM amount? I thought you had to pay taxes and fees separately however when I key in all my info, it looks as if they are included. Anyone know how I should be reading this? TIA

If I use Cash miles at Shell to pay for gas, can I still earn miles?

I need one more fill up of 30L for November, but I want to start using my Cash miles to pay for gas.
Yes, it's based on L not $, so you still earn the miles even when you use Cash miles to pay. And I don't know why but I get 10 AM back whenever I use cash miles at Shell. Not sure what it's linked to but I like it.
During Covid lockdown, DD was in grade 6 and they were doing long division. Oh my days, I couldn't figure out what the heck the teacher was showing them. I promptly showed her how WE used to do it and she caught on right away. They have literally 100 steps for one equation now. Oh, and I forgot to mention she was in French Immersion, so math in French to boot!
Oh I wish! All the equations and showing all the steps, so frustrating. Even multiplication! Why don't they memorize that any more? It comes in handy lol. Oh well, I hope he doesn't want to go into anything that requires a lot of math in his career.

Yes, it's based on L not $, so you still earn the miles even when you use Cash miles to pay. And I don't know why but I get 10 AM back whenever I use cash miles at Shell. Not sure what it's linked to but I like it.

Oh I wish! All the equations and showing all the steps, so frustrating. Even multiplication! Why don't they memorize that any more? It comes in handy lol. Oh well, I hope he doesn't want to go into anything that requires a lot of math in his career.

The Ministry of Education Math Guidelines 2020 requires elementary school kids to memorize their multiplication tables up to 12x12.

If anyone ever needs help with a specific math issue, just let me know. I'm a retired high school math teacher and would be happy to help solve a problem or try to explain something in a PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter