Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sooo, as of this afternoon, I had 17,470 dream miles. I check my account tonight before going to Shell and I have lost 6 miles. I looked through my transactions and nothing is taken back. Nor have I been making any air miles shops purchases where I returned stuff. Has this happened to any of you?

Do you do Rewarding your opinions. I had some AM clawed back a few weeks ago because they had double posted them way back in September. They sent an email to tell me about it but didn't mention when it happened. That I had to figure out on my own going through the transactions month by month.

I don't keep a good track of my miles but I may be missing 1 dream and 1 cash mile.

Went back through my miles and they took 3 away because I returned an item to Walmart. I think it should have only been 2 miles because the items were only 19.99 each before tax so should have only been $40 so 2 air miles.

Last edited:
@Donald - my hero I think you already booked flights with Porter. Do you recall what the baggage fee is for YYZ-MCO? The site only shows a price range.
Trying to figure that out for you!
We paid for the the Porter Standard fare which includes personal item and a carry-on.
I know I had the choice to add checked bags when I purchased it but decided against it, so I can't tell you what it would have been - they offer bundles you can add to your fare.

At the moment if I decide to add a check bag it would cost $44.10 I know it was less if i had added it while booking.

Trying to figure that out for you!
We paid for the the Porter Standard fare which includes personal item and a carry-on.
I know I had the choice to add checked bags when I purchased it but decided against it, so I can't tell you what it would have been - they offer bundles you can add to your fare.

At the moment if I decide to add a check bag it would cost $44.10 I know it was less if i had added it while booking.
So then it looks like the fee at time of booking would probably be around $40. That sort of changes my thinking. With an additional $40 for a checked bag and $26 for the carry on it makes it as much or more than AC. Right now there are basically no flight times with any carrier that actually work for me. If I'm not getting at least a cheap fare I'll just book with AC and take the points and free bags. Now if I can change my dog groomer appt I can move on to figuring out work.

I was just watching the 6:00 news. There was a story on it about delays at Pearson this morning. A Lynx flight from Calgary was let off at a gate that put them in the middle of the US bound (already cleared customs) area.

The story spoke of how airport operations had to figure out how to handle the situation... Funny because the exact same thing happened to me in April when I landed on a WestJet flight from Ottawa. We were allowed to deplane right into the US bound gates.

Will they ever learn.

I was just watching the 6:00 news. There was a story on it about delays at Pearson this morning. A Lynx flight from Calgary was let off at a gate that put them in the middle of the US bound (already cleared customs) area.

The story spoke of how airport operations had to figure out how to handle the situation... Funny because the exact same thing happened to me in April when I landed on a WestJet flight from Ottawa. We were allowed to deplane right into the US bound gates.

Will they ever learn.
I was just speaking with one of my friends at the airport and she mentioned todays events. What you are saying the news said is not what my friend said. The short version is a door opened that shouldn’t have and since people don’t read they kept right on walking. Regardless of what happened it was not fun for those working there today. My friend mentioned a new level of abusive language and behaviour was the name of the game all day.

That's exactly what happened in April. A door that should have been locked was not. It was the first door that one came to when deplaning. We were further back in the plane so we were just following all those in front of us to get to US customs.

The worst part for me was being held in an area until US customs came and confirmed they had found everyone from the flight. There wasn't a washroom available. Some kind airport worker managed to get a door open to a nearby washroom and we were counted in and out of that washroom. Thank goodness.

Great catch Tinkerone

Only one flash offer for me,,, no gas needed but maybe a few instore treats.
I wish there was a Shell near me that had an M&M.

shellflash7.jpg

* Offer valid November 10 - November 12, 2023 only. To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in now” button in the offer invitation between November 10 - November 12, 2023. Get 30x the AIR MILES® Reward Miles on Fuel and eligible non-fuel products. Purchases are required to earn Miles at Shell as follows: i) 1 Reward Mile per 10 litres of Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ or Shell V-Power Diesel fuel purchased in a single transaction. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations. Maximum 50 Reward Miles from all Base Offers in a 24-hour period; ii) 1 Reward Mile per 20 litres of Shell Bronze/Regular, Shell Silver/Plus or Shell Diesel fuel purchased in a single transaction. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations. Maximum 50 Reward Miles from all Base Offers in a 24-hour period; and iii) 1 Reward Mile for every $5 purchased in-store in a single transaction. Before taxes and excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets (instant and scratch), Shell Gift Cards, Partner/third-party gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law. No fuel purchase necessary. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations. Maximum 50 Reward Miles from all Base Offers in a 24-hour period. Limit of 500 Bonus Miles per collector account. Any Base Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made at any participating Shell location (excluding all Shell Flying J locations) with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. ET on November 12, 2023, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Limit of one offer per collector number. Offer may be combined with other AIR MILES offers. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be awarded. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

Last edited:
Couple new Flash Offers. One for Shell, 10-12 only.
dang that was not there at 8 this morning when i checked and our car actually needs gas 😖 we have a Honda that needs a factory recalled repaint- one specific colour used in one specific year on only a couple of models. If the paint starts peeling or flaking they will repaint it and takes 8 + days for that to happen. They gave us a loaner car but that one obviously has a full tank. We were running late so didn't bother stopping to fill up on our way.

how do you spend your 39th wedding anniversary? If you're as exciting as we are, you drop your car off for a beauty treatment and then wander thru the zellers (not worth the time!) Before heading home.

dang that was not there at 8 this morning when i checked and our car actually needs gas 😖 we have a Honda that needs a factory recalled repaint- one specific colour used in one specific year on only a couple of models. If the paint starts peeling or flaking they will repaint it and takes 8 + days for that to happen. They gave us a loaner car but that one obviously has a full tank. We were running late so didn't bother stopping to fill up on our way.

how do you spend your 39th wedding anniversary? If you're as exciting as we are, you drop your car off for a beauty treatment and then wander thru the zellers (not worth the time!) Before heading home.
Happy anniversary!

And Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happpppppy Anniversary - you know the song.

Happy Anniversary! Sounds about as exciting as how we spent our 39th in the summer. :rotfl:

11x miles on Air Miles Shops website this weekend.

There are some things I want to buy that are running out, but I want to wait until Black Friday to get more miles. Contemplating just buying it all and then returning it and re-buying when Black Friday rolls around. That way I don't miss out on the stuff I want to buy.

11x miles on Air Miles Shops website this weekend.

There are some things I want to buy that are running out, but I want to wait until Black Friday to get more miles. Contemplating just buying it all and then returning it and re-buying when Black Friday rolls around. That way I don't miss out on the stuff I want to buy.
Of course I just placed a couple orders yesterday….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter