Airmiles Armchair Chatter

metro50.jpg

Metro Flash Offer
Note start Date ***Nov 18th to Nov 19th ***Next Saturday & Sunday only*****

* Offer valid from November 18, 2023 to November 19, 2023. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Opting in to the offer is required before using the AIR MILES Card at the time of purchase. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Limit of one per Collector Number. AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. Please allow up to 120 days post-transaction for Bonus Miles to be awarded to your AIR MILES collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
View attachment 810403
New Flash Offer

How much do you need to spend for 1 air mile?
Global Pet Foods
Good to note that the offer does not start until Friday Nov 17.
I am going to do this one.
Maybe a toy for Christmas or some cat treats.🐾🐾🐾

PARTNER DETAILS​

Base Offer​

Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent in a single transaction.

Terms & Conditions
* Collectors must opt into this offer. Offer valid from November 17, 2023 to November 19, 2023. Valid at participating Global Pet Foods locations in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent in a single transaction. Limit of one per Collector Number. AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. Bonus Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 90 days. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Disney. I had value sitting on my account from 2020 tickets I couldn't use. I called to ask if that value could be applied to the Canadian Resident ticket offer that is out now.

Because they don't tell you what your value on account is I can't confirm the math. I had 5 day (1 park per day) Canadian Resident Flexible date tickets from 2020. To get those converted to 5 day 1 park per day Canadian Residents (2024) was going to be an additional $189 per person. I then asked about just doing 4 day... Those came in at an additional $121 per day. I initially only wanted 4 day tickets so I went with those.

That took care of two tickets. Now I need a third ticket. I think I might go for a 5 day (1 park per day) Canadian Resident ticket as it is less expensive than a regular 4 day ticket. Problem is the darn website is down at the moment and I can't finish this part of the trip planning. Patience, I just need more patience.

Anyone done any converting recently. Do those seem like reasonable value for the tickets.

I just got off the phone with Disney. I had value sitting on my account from 2020 tickets I couldn't use. I called to ask if that value could be applied to the Canadian Resident ticket offer that is out now.

Because they don't tell you what your value on account is I can't confirm the math. I had 5 day (1 park per day) Canadian Resident Flexible date tickets from 2020. To get those converted to 5 day 1 park per day Canadian Residents (2024) was going to be an additional $189 per person. I then asked about just doing 4 day... Those came in at an additional $121 per day. I initially only wanted 4 day tickets so I went with those.

That took care of two tickets. Now I need a third ticket. I think I might go for a 5 day (1 park per day) Canadian Resident ticket as it is less expensive than a regular 4 day ticket. Problem is the darn website is down at the moment and I can't finish this part of the trip planning. Patience, I just need more patience.

Anyone done any converting recently. Do those seem like reasonable value for the tickets.
Sorry that I don't have anything to help answer your question, but thank you for mentioning the 5-day is cheaper than the 4-day. I will get us 5-day tix and save $160 USD (2 adult tix) over the 4-day tickets and then we can decide if our day "off" will be Disney Springs or a half day at a park =)

I am heading to Disneyland on Wed and I have done very little planning and have not been there is 15 years.

Staying at the Candy Cane Inn and have park reservations for each park. I have downloaded the Disneyland App and figure I will Get Genie Plus for 2 days . Is there any way that I can apply Disney gift cards to the App so I can use the Gift cards to pay for the Genie Plus?

Was not planning on getting a magic band but I keep reading that you then need your phone for each ride , is that because of Genie Plus?
There’s no way to add GCs to the DL app. Save the number to a notes app and copy and paste. You will have to do same for any mobile orders that you want to use gc for. Have a great time! This is the best time of year in the parks! :)

Would love opinions on my personal shopper quote for After Hours tickets.

Quote is 18850 Miles (7 tickets Feb 21)
Cost from Disney would be $1304.66 USD

Does this seem like a reasonable number of miles?

While not Air Miles chatter, talk to me about visiting Orlando the last two weeks of August (crowds, weather)

I am trying to figure out the best time to visit Epic Universe in 2025-26, but DD will be in grade 12 that year, so missing school and holidays (flight costs) are a no-go. Thinking end of summer might be the best option overall. Plus I can go to the Halloween party LOL

Epic is supposed to open BY "Summer 2025"

We've been at that time of year and in July a different time. It's doable but we definitely toured differently. Leaving the park for a dip in the hotel pool and a bit of down time in the hotel was mandatory for us. Also, everyone must carry and drink water, non optional in our family on those trips, we made sure everyone had a appropriate belt bag or backpack and an insulated bottle. Ice cubes in the bottle in the morning helped keep that water refreshing. We have cooling towels which are good but sometimes felt like another thing to carry around so I am kinda on the fence on those.

Crowds were not too bad on either of those trips.

For reference, we are from Saskatchewan. We get a few hot days in the summer but never humidity. We had a blast in Orlando and would go again in the summer.

While not Air Miles chatter, talk to me about visiting Orlando the last two weeks of August (crowds, weather)

I am trying to figure out the best time to visit Epic Universe in 2025-26, but DD will be in grade 12 that year, so missing school and holidays (flight costs) are a no-go. Thinking end of summer might be the best option overall. Plus I can go to the Halloween party LOL

Epic is supposed to open BY "Summer 2025"
We did last week of August/first week of September this year. It is HOT so don't kid yourself. It often got to close, sometimes over, 100. Having said that we were in the parks most of the days and didn't have any issues. We had a water bottle which we kept full. We got cups of water whenever it started to get low. In other words, we hydrated well at all times. We both wore hats and if you knew DH you would be surprised I could get him to do that. He understood the heat. It sometimes got a bit uncomfortable but at those times we would just pop into a store or a attraction that was air conditioned.
It's very doable, just take care to do it properly.

I'm thinking that's smoking deal!!! Now - math is NOT my strong suit - but if I look at it like this - it

If we convert that AM$ price to Canadian - that is approximately 1800.00 CAD.

Now - for each 100.00 it costs approx 909 AM/100.00

1800.00 divided by 909 = 19,800 AM Canadian.

They are quoting you 18850 - that's less than the 909AM/ 100.00 in travel funds.

Anyone else want to tackle the math and correct any math mistaks? @Donald - my hero is our AM math guru!

Here's my math, for all it's worth.
$1304.66 USD, using $1.40 as exchange, would be $1826.52 CAN.
Using 95 AM per $10 CAN, you would need 17390 AMs.
If (IF) my math is correct, you are spending 1460 more AMs than if you used them for other things. That does depend on the exchange rate and I only used $1.40 as a estimate.
Again, just my best guess. I'm sure someone who is more experienced then me will pop in.

I just read Pumkin1172 response and now I'm second guessing this. I was going off of 95 AMs for every $10 spent at AMs stores or for Gift Certs from AMs. That would make it 950 per $100. I'm now wondering if there is something I don't know about 909 per $100.

Yes, we need Donald in on this one for sure. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter