Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just got off the chat...glitch should be cleared by the end of the month...STB miles will be included in yearly totals.

Alex has joined the chat session.
Alex: Good Morning Heather. Welcome to AIR MILES Live Chat. Thanks for your patience. How can I help you?
HEATHERM: hello
Alex: Hello.
HEATHERM: I am just wondering when I can expect to see my 1900 Shop the block miles added to my yearly total towards Onyx?
HEATHERM: As of today, it is not showing in that total
Alex: Oh yes. I am sorry for the confusion. We are actually aware that this issue is happening and are working towards having it fixed by the end of this month.
HEATHERM: oh ok thanks. I figured it was a glitch.
Alex: Yes. I would just check back towards the end of February and you should see them reflected in your totals.
Alex: Have a great day.

Do they start the "year" on January 1st?

Yes.

I'm not sure why some people have correct numbers counting for Gold/Onxy status and others are way out of whack! I reconcile my account each week and with the exception of the first two weeks in January mine have been fine (minus STB which isn't showing).

I would have imagined that it is just a computer program that does this update and it should treat everyone the same. Once miles are posted to your account they should be reflected in the number updated on Sunday (sometimes mine doesn't change until Monday). You may be out by any miles that get posted on Sunday due to a cut off but that's it.

To those who have issues (other than STB) keep an eye and make sure they are posting AM to your account correctly. We work too hard to get these miles to have them make an administrative error not in our favour.

Did anyone who was missing STB miles get them yet? I did a 2nd chat a couple of weeks ago and they said it could be the end of March before they get added. I'm curious if I should be hounding them some more...

I'm guessing everyone has seen the Metro flyer now? It's buy 5 yogurts for 50 AM. We don't like yogurt that much... at all really lol. I might get the buy 3 K-cups for 25 AM, not the best deal but I am out of coffee...

Sobeys has some small deals, I don't see anything that great or noteworthy, but I may have missed something?

Once again, no Rexall flyer! :(

I must not be doing very well this year, it shows I have like 29 AM or something this year which is lower than I thought. I hope the STB ones do get added in there since that will put me at least at Gold quickly.

Since I'm on antibiotics for the next 12 days I am going to pick up some Yocrunch Danone yogurt (2 desserts in each container).Got to get those probiotics.
$2.99 each x 5 =$14.95= 50 airmiles.
Page 10 in the Metro flyer,,,this one is readable.
The Cello chocolates might be good for packing away for Easter.
Buy 2 at 3.99 and get 10 airmiles,,,although Rexall usually has some good deals around Easter time.
https://www.metro.ca/en/flyer?next=true
Hugs Mel

Sobey's a bust for me again, and I don't want enough of the products for the Rexall promo this week.
Oh well, will transfer money straight to the trip account. :)

Ontario Sobey's must have a lot more in-store only AM because I just don't see many in the flyer yet they say we could earn up to 1275AM this week. I really hate driving all the way to walk the aisles for the hunt. I prefer to know I will earn a certain minimum before I invest the time.

Got our little Safeway flyer today... nothing of interest. Yes there are some coupons for our usual shopping but I've been using a local supermarket that I have a giftcard for, rather than spend actual money. The measly 70 AM or so offered in the flyer doesn't offset the cost of the groceries, so we'll have to see if the "spend $150 or more" AM coupon gets used before March 6th expiry. I don't think we have that much shopping to do....

Our Safeway/Sobey's is having a "Blue Friday" again tomorrow. Not as good as last month, but from the looks of it, I'll spend about $150 and get close to 600 AM. I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Rexall's flyer isn't looking great for me, but the Load & Go app updates tomorrow, so here's hoping.

Last edited:
Goon: Last of the Enforcers - GOLD/ONYX Exclusive Advanced Movie Screening - Package for Two (2) - March 17, 2017 - Various Cities
Exclusive for Gold and Onyx Collectors, movie passes to an advance screening of the new movie Goon: Last of the Enforcers.

It's just another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

From 1 reward miles

Not certain if this is up to everyones taste in movies but its out there for those who may be interested.

(for those who aren't aware go to Dream Rewards/Events and Attractions/Air Miles Events Exclusives)

Goon: Last of the Enforcers - GOLD/ONYX Exclusive Advanced Movie Screening - Package for Two (2) - March 17, 2017 - Various Cities
Exclusive for Gold and Onyx Collectors, movie passes to an advance screening of the new movie Goon: Last of the Enforcers.

It's just another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

From 1 reward miles

Not certain if this is up to everyones taste in movies but its out there for those who may be interested.

(for those who aren't aware go to Dream Rewards/Events and Attractions/Air Miles Events Exclusives)
Just checked and the closest to GTA is Hamilton or Barrie. Too gar for me. But if there is anyone who would like some picked upped for them i have no problem getting them and arrange for meeting. Pay it forward. Cheers

Rexall's weekend deal is the head-to-toe event again (sorry this is blurry -- my monitor SUCKS)
upload_2017-2-24_15-15-49.png
They also have all the new P & G brand coupons up on their site PLUS bonus miles on a lot of those items. This means the potential for a some double dipping and more products for less money if you use the coupons as well. If you go to the Rexall site you can access the coupons and print multiple times whereas on the P & G site you can only print them once BTW Happy hunting gang :D
upload_2017-2-24_15-21-2.png

Just got back from Safeway. I spent $254 and got 723 Airmiles and a $0.10 off per litre gas coupon - not too shabby. I'm about 170 Airmiles away from our second Universal pass, which I should (hopefully) get next week from Rexall! Woot!
At Safeway, if the deal is, say "buy 2 get 50 Airmiles", if you buy 4, will you get 100 airmiles? Thinking of buying a lot of frozen pizza if so....

Husband and I have different Load and Go M-R offers, husband has 80am wus $50, I have 80am wus $40. A little surprised, hope there is an emailed coupon.

Also, shopped Rexall yesterday and survey coupon wouldn't go through again. Last week it worked, week before they had to enter it as a manufacturer coupon, week before that it didn't work and then all of a sudden they got it working.
This time store manager got involved, said it was because it isn't combinable with other offers. I had used $1 in manufacturing coupons, $2 off store sticker on a short-dated box of granola bars and the weekday airmiles email printable. He blamed the store sticker, said they'd enter it as a manufacturer coupon just this one time. Honestly, doesn't make sense at all to me, I don't remember the last time I had a store sticker on something so it isn't the reason it didn't work the other times. We'll see what happens this week.

Just got back from Safeway. I spent $254 and got 723 Airmiles and a $0.10 off per litre gas coupon - not too shabby. I'm about 170 Airmiles away from our second Universal pass, which I should (hopefully) get next week from Rexall! Woot!

I didn't fare as well. I spent 117 with 265 miles. I was rather disappointed that two of the items I wanted ( pizza and cheese strings ) were already gone by 12:00. I went shopping over my lunch. But I will take the miles I got. A mile is a mile.

I might just MIGHT have to drive to a neighbouring town to go to Rexall. They do have a little quilt shop I could probably visit as well to see and maybe pick up some fabric for another quilt project. The weather will have to get better, as it's about a 30 minute drive away. Hubs will be upset if I go that far without him in crappy/cold weather.

upload_2017-2-24_17-40-40.png

OMG, seriously, someone shoot me now! I finally broke down and called AM to try and chase down the stupid STB miles that they owe me... that is 29 minutes of my life i will never get back. First got lost in the loop of automated answer stupidity and once someone finally picked up they put me on hold because "i don't know anything about that promotion" Good grief, eventually got a young woman who was no help AT ALL so obvious she was following a set protocol and i didn't fit in any of her boxes... wanted me to pull up my transactions -- told her i was already looking at it as she proceeded to point out all the miles that had been posted --- URGH,
ME: yes, they posted but I didn't get the extra cash miles
HER: you needed to set your ratio to cash
ME: No, i'm sorry they were to be given strictly as Cash miles ...
On & on in a continual circle with multiple times on hold as i explained how the promotion worked ...
HER: Please call back at the end of March I've added a note to your account so it will be tracked down by then I'm sure
ME: There should already be 2 notes of this via the chat I've done, can you see those?
HER: No, i don't see any indication that you've contacted us ....

Long story short? She didn't have a clue what i was asking for, knew nothing about the promotion, wasn't able to answer why the number of miles posted to my ONYX are incorrect (easy to see those since we were away most of January and I've been sick since we got home, so only 9 transactions) wouldn't pass me on to someone who did understand the problem and I'm now supposed to wait till the end of March before i call back.

We'll be hitting up Metro to buy a bunch of yogurt on Sunday but my heart just isn't in the hunt right now. Maybe i need to have another goal to reach for :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter