Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Mind me asking when your billing cycle ends? Ours is the 16th of the month so i guess i'll be waiting till September to see these miles show up.

I looked at my AMEX bill this morning. My billing date is the 21st monthly.

I noticed all my purchases for the "Soar into more" (each time spend $100+ and receive 100 AM up to $500 and 500 AM) and "Soar into More second offer" (the make 4 different online purchases & log in to app to get 500 AM) are on this bill.

But I only received 500 AM (bonus miles from Soar into More it says on bill). So, I'm not sure from which of the two promotions it came from, nor why I did not receive the other 500 AM since everything was on the same bill.

Have been able to take advantage of some great Metro points with their emailed version of the card I got, sped $50 get 50 AM can use each day until Ag 30. Since I have 2 accounts, I used the one for each yesterday, plus my targeted offers and the juice box offer mentioned earlier and the cereal one, netting 120 AM for first order of $52 and 125 AM for second order of $56. Since it was all stuff I use and a bunch of the orders were fruit, etc with very little points, I consider this a huge win!

Btw, have submitted a request for personal shopper quotes for 1 and 2 day tickets with and without park hopper (WDW), so will post when I get those quotes in case they are of interest to anyone else!

Have been able to take advantage of some great Metro points with their emailed version of the card I got, sped $50 get 50 AM can use each day until Ag 30. Since I have 2 accounts, I used the one for each yesterday, plus my targeted offers and the juice box offer mentioned earlier and the cereal one, netting 120 AM for first order of $52 and 125 AM for second order of $56. Since it was all stuff I use and a bunch of the orders were fruit, etc with very little points, I consider this a huge win!

Btw, have submitted a request for personal shopper quotes for 1 and 2 day tickets with and without park hopper (WDW), so will post when I get those quotes in case they are of interest to anyone else!

You're pretty lucky. I got a get 10 when you spend $20. Not nearly as exciting.

I did hit Sobey's yesterday and the loaded spend $100 get 30 did piggyback with their flyer coupon of spend $100 get 100AM.

I have really not been going to Metro much lately with either card, so am wondering if that is why the return was better. I am thinking it may be worth a try of shopping primarily at Sobeys until my buy offers at Metro get much better, then switching over so that my loaded Sobey's offers get down from the current spend $140 get 30 AM they are at now...

But I think I will try Sobey's today and see if there is enough to get past the $100 to the $140 and see if I can double dip with their 100 AM plus my loaded and actually walk away with a decent return. As I have both of my children today (DH is out having fun for the day :) ), deciding if there is any chance of this being successful or if this should be a post-bedtime activity...

Dang........... the Universal 2 Day 2 Park Pass is gone from the airmiles site,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:
I needed one more..............
Mel

Hi Hon
I am interested in the personal shopper quotes for 1 and 2 day tickets,,
Thanks Hugs Mel

Woohoo! NSLC Festival of Wines tickets are available for redemption for Onyx-level collectors again this year! 2 tickets per collector number.
At $65 a pop, this is a great redemption :)

Dang........... the Universal 2 Day 2 Park Pass is gone from the airmiles site,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:
I needed one more..............
Mel
Today, I see a 3-Park 2-Day Park-to-Park with 2 Days Free Ticket
as a special. 4 days for 2, and the added park. I wonder if they are going to this instead, for now?

Woo, another 5 AM earned at Shell! I know, it's silly how excited I get.

Looks like the DL Kids and Adults tickets are back, but just the WDW kids' ones are still available. The DL Adult ones popped off sale for a day or so...

I'm not sure if I will be able to use the rest of my AM coupons this month for Safeway... they expire on the 1st and I just don't think I have $100 of shopping to do.

I have about $150 worth of PC points, wish we could still use to buy gift cards.

I'm not as lucky as some others and have a variety of AM stores to shop at frequently, so the majority of my Am are from Safeway or Shell. But I do shop RCSS often when the offers at Safeway are not great. What I do when I have 10,000 PC points, I will either make two purchases, one with my groceries, use my 100.00 savings. Then in the next purchase, I use buy a visa card. Or I will just go to the bank, and physically take out the cash and keep it in my cash stash for our vacation fund. I almost have enough for 2 5day tickets in to Disneyworld. That way when we plan our trip, I will have the cash to purchase the extra tickets. I have a couple different cash stashes. That one from my grocery strategy...and also another one from my little sideline of refinishing /upcycling furniture and selling it in the city here. This momma is determined to get our boys their first trip to Disneyworld/ Universal Studios.

That's what I do with my PC Plus and Air Miles Cash miles. If I redeem for groceries, I take that money I would have spent and put it in our trip fund.

Today, I see a 3-Park 2-Day Park-to-Park with 2 Days Free Ticket
as a special. 4 days for 2, and the added park. I wonder if they are going to this instead, for now?

While I think this is a great deal for those staying at UO longer we will only be there for 2 days,,i hope the old one comes back.
Hugs Mel

Thanks for being quicker to the draw then me this morning (YES, i did just refer to 12:30 as morning, don't be overly jealous :rotfl2:)

Worth noting that the coupon is only valid till Wednesday which generally means there will be a much better offer for Thursday ONLY

I would love to be able to sleep in like that but my fuzzy white dog needs to be walked each morning before 8am.:tiptoe:

I didn't even notice the date on the coupon when I used it today. Did some shopping on DH card as he had better Load and Go offers. I was planning on going again (using my card) on Thursday. I will have to check to see what's up on Wednesday and plan accordingly. I've got L&G, coupon and email (60+50+50) for spending $30 so whatever is up will have to beat that.

I think our thread here should be considered a "Airmiles Social Media " cause I feel like Dorothy in there's no place like home, there's no place like home.................#AirmileAlertDIS
Hugs Mel

THIS! I must admit that this thread is the 2nd thing i do in the morning before i even get out of bed (First e-mail to see if there's anything to report and/or share) and one of the last things i check before heading to bed.
Today marks the 2nd anniversary of our little community so i think we need to celebrate
ee817f554b7a311423f98c7098b41152.jpg

I would love to be able to sleep in like that but my fuzzy white dog needs to be walked each morning before 8am.:tiptoe:

I didn't even notice the date on the coupon when I used it today. Did some shopping on DH card as he had better Load and Go offers. I was planning on going again (using my card) on Thursday. I will have to check to see what's up on Wednesday and plan accordingly. I've got L&G, coupon and email (60+50+50) for spending $30 so whatever is up will have to beat that.
Well i was still awake at 3 and Saturday night? Clocked maybe 20 minutes,i slept more when my kids were infants :crazy2:

My targeted offer for this week is spend $80.00 get 100 and since i really don't need anything right now I'm going to wait on Thursday's potential offer to be better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter