Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Another question, sorry. I know this is an airmiles thread, but do you only shop airmiles. Or do you still take the best option. Between shoppers, airmiles or pc points.
I do most of my grocery shopping at RCSS because my DD is a manager and I get a discount. I've currently got 250k PC Points and in the last month I've redeemed over 100k getting things for my other DD to take away to University. I do really well with PC points because of the loaded offers.

This weekend I will get all my groceries at Sobeys because of the 100 AM coupon. It will cost a little more but the miles are decent when you add in some in store offers and the loaded offers.

When Metro has a good offer I will get that but usually not much more. Back in May/June I had a special card that gave me 25 AM on a $25 purchase and it was valid daily for both months. The store in my neighbourhood had reno'd and it was a promo to bring people back. I made pretty good use of that card. I divided up my shopping and was able to go several times a week. At the same time I also had emailed bonus coupons. So on a $25-ish purchase I was earning 45-60 miles each day. Don't remember my grand total on miles over that 2 months but it was some where around 900. For Metro that's good.

Don't really do Optimum points any more. It takes too long to accumulate them and the bonus redemptions are few and far between now. I did get a laptop 2 years ago on bonus redemption and a $400 laptop ended up costing me $80 OOP. I haven't made any effort to collect there since then.

Ok so i tried to just edit my other post and stick in the screen shot but it wouldn't work :confused3
View attachment 264363
The fine print that i highlighted is bogus .. works about as well as the words on the Rexall coupon that says can't be combined with Load and Go offers. We use these coupons multiple times until they expire. They do need to be in separate purchases so buying 2 goat milk would only give you the miles once unless you do 2 transactions. Our store has self-check and we have a great relationship with the employee who oversees them -- he gladly scans the coupons, if we didn't buy the correct item it beeps and doesn't work, none the worse for trying! We use the "weekly" offers for 2 weeks until they expire as well -- you do need to select them before the end of the week or they will vanish.

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Yeah for Brampton Foodland for having a generous supply
of the airmiles listings/offerings.
I picked up:

Sliced Turkey
Hot dogs
3 packages of bacon
50 airmiles

4 boxes of chicken strips/bites
1 box natural hamburgers
50 airmiles

6 cans of Habitant pea and ham soup (10 airmiles for every two bought)
30 airmiles

*targeted my offers ----potato egg salad 5 airmiles

*targeted my offers---Spend $120.00 get 30 bonus airmiles.

*targeted my offers --- One box prime chicken get 15 airmiles.

*targeted my offers---one Tzatziki dip get 5 airmiles.

Somehow I got an extra 50 airmiles on this shop and I have no idea how.
BUT I am not complaining.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
6 cans of Habitant pea and ham soup (10 airmiles for every two bought)
30 airmiles

Somehow I got an extra 50 airmiles on this shop and I have no idea how.
BUT I am not complaining.

Darn it. I just came back from Foodland. I love Habitant pea soup & ham bits! I didn't realize they had an AM offer on them. My Dad lives beside Foodland. Maybe I'll pop back in and grab some later this week. I netted 52 AM from Foodland.

Now Sobeys - wow, they are just as expensive as Foodland. We don't have one near us so I have not shopped there before. Lots of items on my grocery list I didn't purchase because of their prices. Surprisingly it was cheaper to get chicken breasts marinated at their butcher section than pre-packed on the shelf. In addition to the 100 AM, I received 20 through groceries; 20 for spending $60 (why?) and 5 base miles TWICE. Yep, twice! The cashier insisted he did not need to scan the AM coupon. Of course no AM showed up on my receipt. Customer Service had to fix it and ended up giving me another 5 base miles with the 100. Total 150 AM from Sobeys.

Darn it. I just came back from Foodland. I love Habitant pea soup & ham bits! I didn't realize they had an AM offer on them. My Dad lives beside Foodland. Maybe I'll pop back in and grab some later this week. I netted 52 AM from Foodland.

Now Sobeys - wow, they are just as expensive as Foodland. We don't have one near us so I have not shopped there before. Lots of items on my grocery list I didn't purchase because of their prices. Surprisingly it was cheaper to get chicken breasts marinated at their butcher section than pre-packed on the shelf. In addition to the 100 AM, I received 20 through groceries; 20 for spending $60 (why?) and 5 base miles TWICE. Yep, twice! The cashier insisted he did not need to scan the AM coupon. Of course no AM showed up on my receipt. Customer Service had to fix it and ended up giving me another 5 base miles with the 100. Total 150 AM from Sobeys.

I like their ham and pea soup and this is coming from someone that as a child ,used to spit her peas in her glass of milk when no one was looking. I always offered to clear the dining room table on these occasions.,,,lol.
Hugs Mel

Heading to grocery shop at Sobeys now! I'm hoping the MyOffers offer "spend $90 get 30" that I got today works as well as the "spend $100 get 100" coupon!

They do such a good job with their MyOffers... it's at least 60% stuff I would already buy :)

So, the Air Miles facebook page is saying that tomorrow is #HappyAnyDay and advises us to follow social media for surprises......hmmmmm

https://www.facebook.com/AirMilesCanada/

Can you post tomorrow and let us know what's up. I can't get on to Facebook as I refuse to download my picture. I will get one of my DS to log in if something needs to be done interactively (cause I'm not going to be able to do it).

I can't get on to Facebook as I refuse to download my picture.

Did Facebook change their policy....my profile picture is currently Dory and previously it has been Olaf (same as on here), Sadness, Canadian Mickey head...lots of different pictures....that definitely aren't me...

I don't have a Facebook account either so hopefully if something special is announced someone will take pity upon me and post the information here.
Thanks and Hugs Mel

Thanks guys - your post helped a lot. I do well with pc points because of the loaded offers, but a metro just opened around the corner at my mall. I take transit and do big shops at a time (and cab it home). I feel we waste a lot of produce in between. I"m hoping just hitting metro every couple of days for the things we need will help eliminate that, and eventually get our tickets for 2020. I just wished they priced matched. =(

Can you post tomorrow and let us know what's up. I can't get on to Facebook as I refuse to download my picture. I will get one of my DS to log in if something needs to be done interactively (cause I'm not going to be able to do it).

I don't have a Facebook account either so hopefully if something special is announced someone will take pity upon me and post the information here.
Thanks and Hugs Mel

You gotta know The Duck has got your back! I'll be checking it out and posting screen shots!
upload_2017-8-25_23-39-1.jpeg

Thanks guys - your post helped a lot. I do well with pc points because of the loaded offers, but a metro just opened around the corner at my mall. I take transit and do big shops at a time (and cab it home). I feel we waste a lot of produce in between. I"m hoping just hitting metro every couple of days for the things we need will help eliminate that, and eventually get our tickets for 2020. I just wished they priced matched. =(

I had to laugh when I read your post......my sister swears by shopping at Walmart.........
we live in the same neighbourhood. She doesn't understand my interest in airmiles.(silly girl) One day I was shopping at Walmart and when I got in line to pay.....yep some lady was holding up the line as she price matched everything and I mean everything :eek:..........I say to my son really seriously is she going to price match toothpaste :faint: ...the lady turns and looks at me and say Hi Sis how's it going!:rotfl2: Thank-goodness they now have lines for people who price match.....:banana:. Best wishes on collecting miles.

Hugs Mel

Hmmm, I'm slightly skeptical about this Happy Day news, which is supposed to drop today, but no one has seen anything yet.

I'm sure people are thinking it will be an amazing promotion like Mega Miles or STB, but I think it will be a dud.

Thoughts?

Hmmm, I'm slightly skeptical about this Happy Day news, which is supposed to drop today, but no one has seen anything yet.

I'm sure people are thinking it will be an amazing promotion like Mega Miles or STB, but I think it will be a dud.

Thoughts?

I think it is going to be some one day thing....nothing like Mega Miles or STB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter