Airmiles Armchair Chatter

OMG!!!! Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are back! Starbucks e-vouchers.
759543f7cbbe8cc49b6bf079ae986ec5--art-disney-disney-.jpg

Last edited:
Heads UP
New type of Universal Ticket is being offered
Looks like the old one is still there also.
3,550 airmiles

So you are getting 4 days with this ticket (2 Parks and 1 water Park).
universal-orlando-2017-main-e.jpg

More views:
Universal Orlando ResortTM - 3-Park 2-Day Park-to-Park with 2 Days Free Ticket

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Another question, sorry. I know this is an airmiles thread, but do you only shop airmiles. Or do you still take the best option. Between shoppers, airmiles or pc points.

Heads UP
3,550 airmiles

universal-orlando-2017-main-e.jpg

More views:

Hugs Mel

these tickets look like a great value compared to the other universal tix on air miles! what a good catch!

just a heads up to anyone thinking about ordering some: make sure you check the terms and conditions. they expire in may 2018.

I'm sure this has been explained somewhere amongst these 343 pages, but could you save me some reading please?
Just starting out and was wondering what you consider a great shop. Basically how many points per dollar is worth it? Thanks

Another question, sorry. I know this is an airmiles thread, but do you only shop airmiles. Or do you still take the best option. Between shoppers, airmiles or pc points.

First things first :welcome: the the hunt, always glad to have new members join the gang! I do my best to keep the first post of the thread up-to-date with links to flyers, coupons & some tips & suggestions. The title will also reflect where the current week's flyers first appear so you can quickly hop to the discussion of shopping lists and then reports of actual hunting trips. For hubby & myself the only time we look at a product strictly on Airmiles basis is if it is at LEAST a 1:1 ratio. We NEVER will buy something just because it has bonus miles but we will stock up heavily when there are deals that are over & above that threshold -- we currently have a LOT of toilet paper stashed under the bed & paper towels in the laundry room. I keep a list of things that i will need soon and keep an eye on flyers and then pounce (currently i'm waiting on laundry detergent to fit that criteria) I also try to make sure things are also on sale!!

We do our regular weekly shopping at Metro simply because we like the store & employees and it's in a perfect location. Lately their offers have been pitiful but this week looks decent. Our closest Sobeys is over 40 minutes away so we only go there for exceptional deals -- this will mean around 5 - 10 AM per dollar (occasionally higher) Rexall is my go to store for 2 reasons:they post within 24 hours usually (even on the weekend) AND you can stack offers, coupons & loaded personal offers to get a very decent haul -- this week for me I spent $92.07 and walked out with 266 AM (well above my 1:1 ratio!)

Careful flyer studying, accurate list making and constant looking at this thread keeps my churning away. We also use our AMEX card everywhere we can & places it isn't taken we will use our BMO MasterCard so that we can double-dip. I always check the Airmilesshop.ca portal before I do any on-line shopping since many stores let you earn miles that way even if you can't in the brick & mortar locations.

Must admit I'm not terribly diligent with following other offers because -- our Zehrs isn't terribly well stocked, Shoppers --I love my Rexall. Hope this helps and that you'll stick with us. I've gone from earning around 5,000 miles/year to 18,000 this past year (and it was a bit slow for me!), mainly due to this thread :D

Some OK deals at Sobeys (Ottawa ON) besides the Spend $100 get 100AM promo. I hope to get at least 200 AM for just over $100.

• Glad kitchen and garbage bags 5.88 ea + 15AM when you buy 2
  • Belvita breakfast cookies 2.99 ea + 5AM when you buy 2
  • Billy Bee honey 5.99 + 5AM ea
And hopefully they don't put a limit or change the offer on the St Hubert sauce packets and cans, I plan to stock up on those this week! The tag said they are supposed to be 1.69 ea + 10 AM when you buy 2 until Sept 7. It's not as crazy good as the soup promo was but it's something we will use!

Foodland flyer is up and i noticed one fairly decent offer in the Ontario flyer ...buy 5 of various meats get 50 AM prices range from $4.99 - $9.99 (bacon, hotdogs, cold meat etc) This is on a page that is NOT showing up on Smart Canucks (the one I've been using to provide links in the first post) but it is on Reebee and the Foodland site proper. Also something rather odd looking to me, Croissant or Pretzel hamburger & hotdog buns, $3.99 each buy 3 get 25 AM
Foodland Ontario Flyer

3,550 airmiles

these tickets look like a great value compared to the other universal tix on air miles! what a good catch!

just a heads up to anyone thinking about ordering some: make sure you check the terms and conditions. they expire in may 2018.

Well, that sucks! (wry grin). I was hoping AM would offer tickets with free days added, but those will be useless to my family since they expire May 2018.

Back when Air Miles made a big stink about expiring AM friends of ours asked if we would go on a cruise with them. So we used our AMs (over 28,000) to book the cruise. Originally I was saving them for 4 RT flights to Hawaii. Of course less than a week later Air Miles cancelled their whole expiration threat.

Only a month ago did I think since we are driving to Florida, that I could sneak in a couple of days at Universal after the cruise - if I could get enough Air Miles. That fell through because our friends, who originally suggested a theme park maybe, can't. I wouldn't feel right "ditching" them on the way home when we are driving down together (2 cars).

But that's all right. Last night my husband agreed to spend a week in Orlando August 2018! I'm planning for 3 days at Universal, 1 waterpark (not sure which) and 1 day at Animal Kingdom. We have only been to Florida once (2010 - 8 full days at Disney) and had to leave AK 2 hours after rope drop (2 of us were sick that day).

Foodland flyer is up and i noticed one fairly decent offer in the Ontario flyer ...buy 5 of various meats get 50 AM prices range from $4.99 - $9.99 (bacon, hotdogs, cold meat etc) This is on a page that is NOT showing up on Smart Canucks (the one I've been using to provide links in the first post) but it is on Reebee and the Foodland site proper. Also something rather odd looking to me, Croissant or Pretzel hamburger & hotdog buns, $3.99 each buy 3 get 25 AM
Foodland Ontario Flyer

Thanks Jacqueline--that is a good catch.
I will be getting some of those meats.
Hugs Mel

My 500 AM bonus miles from AMEX's "Soar into More" posted today. This is the one where you had to make 4 purchases at online stores plus register by a certain date. With Chapter's free shipping my 4 purchases came to $16 and change.

Also Foodland posted their 350 AM bonus miles for the 10 gift cards I purchased.

This was nice to wake up to! :)

My 500 AM bonus miles from AMEX's "Soar into More" posted today. This is the one where you had to make 4 purchases at online stores plus register by a certain date. With Chapter's free shipping my 4 purchases came to $16 and change.

Also Foodland posted their 350 AM bonus miles for the 10 gift cards I purchased.

This was nice to wake up to! :)

So you made all 4 online purchases at Chapters? I was wondering if I needed to make the purchases at 4 different merchants. I better place the rest of my orders today then!!

I shop for deals. However Sobeys and Metro are my go to grocery stores. I make my meals plans based on sales, and airmiles. I don't do PC points, I had a bad experience with their bank back in the day and cannot shop there, it just bugs me. I used to do shoppers points a lot, I used those to get christmas gifts for years, got us a Wii back then. I am trying to get those up a bit to get at least one good redemption this year but I prefer Rexall for the airmiles. Rexall is not as convenient though (although they did just open one on my way home from work so that is promising!) Any way. I try and do a mix, and I will shop for certain deals I know we will use (like the ice cream Sobeys deal a month or so ago... kiddo has been eating the stuff like crazy all summer!). I have a budget though and do need to stick to it. I get my gas at Shell too, it's on the way home which is when I tend to get gas since the price drops from the morning. I will often buy 25 Litres (that seems to be the most common limit for bonuses) unless we are going on a big trip or it's a really good price. Rather than fill up.

I look at all the options, myself. I take into account my personal offers from each of the sites, plus my Checkout 51 offers. Lately, my PC has been better for me, since so many of the Airmiles offers in store are 'buy 2'. My shelves and freezer are well stocked, so getting points right now is not coming easily.

I will only shop airmiles if it makes sense. For instance, I'll go to Shell for gas if the $ is within a cent or two of Costco but not if it is much more than that.
I agree! I wish our Costco had gas, but it doesn't, but I will buy at the north end if I happen to be out that way. Even with my 4cents off/litre coupons from Foodland, Shell (which also is not convenient) is more than that above Husky.

Foodland Ontario Flyer
Mmmm. love the pretzel hot dog buns. Add a bit of 'cheese sauce' and you are in Le Cellier. :teeth:

I'm nowhere near as dedicated to AM collecting as some in this forum. I do have about $40 worth of shoppers optimum points which I've had for years. Everything is overpriced at SDM so I don't shop much there unless it's unavoidable. I have about $150 worth of PC points, wish we could still use to buy gift cards. I like that they price match and will make use of their targeted offers. As for air miles, I don't shop at Metro, Rexall, or Sobeys regularly but if the AM offer is good I will go just for the offer. To me saving money takes priority over earning the rewards. I do have both credit cards that offer air miles, and I always go through the airmileshops portal since I shop online a lot.

So you made all 4 online purchases at Chapters? I was wondering if I needed to make the purchases at 4 different merchants. I better place the rest of my orders today then!!

Yes. There did not seem to be anything in the rules saying the purchases had to be done at 4 different stores so I did them all with Chapters. At that time Chapters was offering free shipping with no minimum purchases! I lucked out. My orders were crazy small. A multi-color ink pen for a stocking ($4); easy crossword puzzle book for stocking ($4); sticky notes for each of my last 2 orders ($3.50 each). All 4 purchases were made same day Aug 10th.

What's the deadline to make the purchases?

Register your AMEX card by Aug 13 AND log in to the AMEX app by Aug 31 for 100 Air Miles. The 4 purchases (100 AM each) have to be made by Aug 31. At amazon.ca, the body shop, canon estore, roots, staples, townshoes, DSW, the shoe company, shoe warehouse, Indigo/Chapters, Hudson's Bay and Starbucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter