Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Does anyone know.....if I order through Airmiles.ca but it is pick up in store, will that be considered one of the two purchases needed? I'm trying to order a showerhead however its not giving me the option to deliver, only for store pick up.

Does anyone know.....if I order through Airmiles.ca but it is pick up in store, will that be considered one of the two purchases needed? I'm trying to order a showerhead however its not giving me the option to deliver, only for store pick up.
I just checked the terms on the coupon and it doesn't say the product has to be delivered to count. There was a promo last year that very specifically stated it wouldn't work for in-store pick-up option so I'm *guessing* you should be alright but I can't guarantee that.

I know!!! We were supposed to receive a card as a payback from somewhere that was supposed to be for $200. It never arrived so we contacted the original business and they had the card resent. When we got the card, finally, it was for less than $200. So we contacted Visa and they said that since they had to resend the card, they took a certain amount off and since we just contacted them, another amount was coming off. It was the stupidest thing ever. We called up the original business and told them what a scam this Visa card was and they were very surprised at how it all worked.

:sad2: I have some Visa and Mastercard gift cards. I better let DH know about this issue. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I actually went out yesterday and used my $90 I had worth of PC Optimum, partially because of your situation @dancin Disney style I was going to anyway but I had been procrastinating. I hope they resolve this for you, it is awful that it could even happen!

and now....the last 10,000 that I had has also been used by someone. I discovered that my points were redeemed in QC. If I don't have an email back from them by Monday I will have to get on the phone.

BTW.....which one of you lives in QC? :rotfl2:

That is so unbelievable. I keep telling DH about your experience. He has all kinds of points he's never used. I'll have to get him to use them up before they disappear.

Last edited:
and now....the last 10,000 that I had has also been used by someone. I discovered that my points were redeemed in QC. If I don't have an email back from them by Monday I will have to get on the phone.

BTW.....which one of you lives in QC? :rotfl2:
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that PCPLus comes through and you get all of your points back. (I live in Ontario, so it wasn't me).

First off, let me say thank you to all you lovely people for all the advice and help. Whenever I go out into the harsh, colder than Mars, Winnipeg winter weather, I wonder why I still live here; and then this board came into my life and reminded me that I love Canadians.

Which brings me to my second point / question. If you redeem a reward like Disney or universal tickets, do they ever expire? My first trip isnt until next february and im already thinking ahead to my next trip in 6 years when DS will be 10 and DD 6. I want to bring DH's parents when my MIL retires from teaching as well and my goal is to have the tickets and flights covered already! When I come back from my trip next year should I rack up the miles, or should I redeem them as I go even though our second trip isn't going to be until 2024.

First off, let me say thank you to all you lovely people for all the advice and help. Whenever I go out into the harsh, colder than Mars, Winnipeg winter weather, I wonder why I still live here; and then this board came into my life and reminded me that I love Canadians.

Which brings me to my second point / question. If you redeem a reward like Disney or universal tickets, do they ever expire? My first trip isnt until next february and im already thinking ahead to my next trip in 6 years when DS will be 10 and DD 6. I want to bring DH's parents when my MIL retires from teaching as well and my goal is to have the tickets and flights covered already! When I come back from my trip next year should I rack up the miles, or should I redeem them as I go even though our second trip isn't going to be until 2024.

Before February 2017 tickets for WDW didn't have an expiration date but now they do. Right now, tickets bought from Disney expire December 2019 I believe, I don't know for the tickets you get from Airmiles, if they still expire Dec 2018 or are now 2019. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with Universal tickets.

I dug out my Visa prepaid cards (only 2) to double-check the balance. Good news!!

The $250 one (not yet a year old) specifically says "No fees after purchase (except foreign transacations)" and "funds do not expire". Supposedly the only fee charged is a $7.50 activaton fee, which I imagine the purcshing purchasing the prepaid CC would have paid at the time.

The $100 one (which must be well over a year old at this point) says "monthly maintenance fee - $3 per month starts 12 months after activation, except where prohibited by law". Grrr... Oh, hey! Guess what - it says it has a balance of $100!! No fees were taken off. At least yet.

This was odd.. the $250 one I check by going to vanillaprepaid.com. The $100 one says to go to giftcardstore.ca/visacard.

In any case, I'm not taking a chance. Our son needs a suit this year (funeral, cruise, grade 8 graduation) so I'll use the funds towards that and leftover towards groceries. I'll put the cash equivalent aside in a seperate account I use for vacation savings instead.

Yes, unfortunately they do. :( The T&C for the Universal 3-day 3 park-to-park pass says "valid for 9 months from time of purchase".

I'm not impressed with that. It makes it hard to redeem for the tickets when we do not have a set vacation date yet. I would love to cash in my miles for the tickets as I get enough Air Miles and be able to use them whenever we do decide to go.

Why live in Winnipeg? Jeanne cake, Mordens Russian mints, BDI ice cream to name just a few. I have been known to fly to Winnipeg for 2 or 3 days for a fix and then fly home (with two cakes in tow of course).

So glad you've joined our hunting party :welcome: You made my day! I have tried a few other social media groups for AM help and don't last very long --- too stressful for the Duck to watch information being shared that isn't accurate and not correct it with information to back myself up. This group has grown into a great community and we love helping each other out (without some of the nasty barbs other groups tend to share!!!)

I agree with others that unless you have a concrete date for a trip you shouldn't redeem for tickets anymore. Both Disney & Universal tickets that AM provided used to have no expiration dates attached but now that they do you could end up getting burned!

Why live in Winnipeg? Jeanne cake, Mordens Russian mints, BDI ice cream to name just a few. I have been known to fly to Winnipeg for 2 or 3 days for a fix and then fly home (with two cakes in tow of course).
OK, so you have to know that you had me pull up Google and check out those -- OMG now i want -- nope NEED -- to go to Winterpeg too!!!!! I think we need to pick a spot for a meet up and that is more or less a central spot :P

More good Shoppers offers. Just received an email for spend $75 or more on almost anything in the store and get 25,000 points. Saturday, March 10 - Sunday, March 11.

Last weekend I basically had the same deal with a combo 20x the points and spend $40+ get 10,000. Spent $75 and got over 20k points. Meanwhile, spent $125 at Superstore last week and only got 1200 points.

I'll be passing on the shoppers deal as I don't need anything from there at the moment and need to start shopping the Mega Miles offers.

Complete offside to our discussion about MM these days. I was just sorting my little shopping envelopes and noticed that the ONYX card expires 03/18. Does anyone remember when they sent us our new cards last year. Heaven forbid that it should expire before I get my new one.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Complete offside to our discussion about MM these days. I was just sorting my little shopping envelopes and noticed that the ONYX card expires 03/18. Does anyone remember when they sent us our new cards last year. Heaven forbid that it should expire before I get my new one.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh my Me Too! expires 03/18
although my status on the airmiles website says
Current status good until (until March 31, 2019)

I hope the new ones are in the mail.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter