Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Holy crap! I'm glad you are all right. Man, that must have freaked you out for awhile. Did he stop when he saw you throw yourself out of the way?

Hi Hon
He kind of slowed down,,I think the people on the bus must have said something.
It prompted me last week to see a lawyer about making a WILL.
I am fine now but I must admit I double check when crossing the street now.
Thanks for your concern and welcome back.
Hugs Mel

WHAT???? Oh you have got to be kidding me. I thought it was illegal to do this. :furious: I have a $100 prepaid VISA GC my husband insisted on purchasing quite a while ago and never used. Plus a $250 VISA GC I won back last July. I put them aside to save for a trip.

I'm so glad you posted this and I read through all my missed pages instead of skipping. I better check the balance of these tomorrow. I guess I'll use them towards groceries and give myself the cash out of our grocery money instead.

And every time you call to inquire about the card, they take off a "service fee". Craziness.

And to add something to the pre-paid credit card discussion, the ones i get for doing surveys have no activation fee BUT they do expire!!! Read the fine print, check the cards themselves and make sure you don't lose any $$$

My miles from last Friday’s sobeys shop went into my account, which means after only 2 weeks of collecting again I have enough miles for one Universal Hollywood day pass! I’m wondering if these ever go on ‘sale’ for less miles, or should I just order them as my miles accumulate?

My miles from last Friday’s sobeys shop went into my account, which means after only 2 weeks of collecting again I have enough miles for one Universal Hollywood day pass! I’m wondering if these ever go on ‘sale’ for less miles, or should I just order them as my miles accumulate?

That's great! I would suggest redeeming for tickets as soon as you have enough miles -- you will be more likely to see an increase in miles required than a decrease.

Dancin - let us know how you made out with the points. I have about $150 worth saved up and was planning on accumulating as much as possible before Christmas. I'm surprised there isn't a security code you need to put in. Isn't that what part of the kerfuffle was about last year with points being used by others, and having to sign up again, no longer allowing GCs, etc?

I've found my PC points have been easier to accumulate so far this year. Although now with Mega Miles here I'll switch gears for a bit.

:scared1:
This is totally bad business practice!

I know!!! We were supposed to receive a card as a payback from somewhere that was supposed to be for $200. It never arrived so we contacted the original business and they had the card resent. When we got the card, finally, it was for less than $200. So we contacted Visa and they said that since they had to resend the card, they took a certain amount off and since we just contacted them, another amount was coming off. It was the stupidest thing ever. We called up the original business and told them what a scam this Visa card was and they were very surprised at how it all worked.

And to add something to the pre-paid credit card discussion, the ones i get for doing surveys have no activation fee BUT they do expire!!! Read the fine print, check the cards themselves and make sure you don't lose any $$$
My DH used to get Visa gift cards from one of the companies he did business with.....they would send them every time he sold so much. Those cards were printed with the company name and they had an expiry date. The expiry was usually about 18 months later. There was never a fee to call and check the balance. I always had to call because the cards were for a large amount and I would lose track of the balance.

Dancin - let us know how you made out with the points. I have about $150 worth saved up and was planning on accumulating as much as possible before Christmas. I'm surprised there isn't a security code you need to put in. Isn't that what part of the kerfuffle was about last year with points being used by others, and having to sign up again, no longer allowing GCs, etc?

I've found my PC points have been easier to accumulate so far this year. Although now with Mega Miles here I'll switch gears for a bit.
No news so far.

Yes, the problem they had before that required everyone to set up new online accounts was due to hacking. Other than new login info nothing has changed. They really should have some sort of security because if I were to lose my card anyone can go in and make a purchase, see my point balance and use them. I have my card and it has never been out of my evil clutches yet someone used my points.

No news so far.

Yes, the problem they had before that required everyone to set up new online accounts was due to hacking. Other than new login info nothing has changed. They really should have some sort of security because if I were to lose my card anyone can go in and make a purchase, see my point balance and use them. I have my card and it has never been out of my evil clutches yet someone used my points.[/QUOTE]

I actually went out yesterday and used my $90 I had worth of PC Optimum, partially because of your situation @dancin Disney style I was going to anyway but I had been procrastinating. I hope they resolve this for you, it is awful that it could even happen!

My head is spinning with all of the points wrangling I have been doing this morning!! I have been mapping out the offers for Mega Miles on 3 cards ( I always feel the need to point out that these are for three household members and perfectly legitimate.. I don't know why :o:o:o). On top of this, I have been working on a Swagbucks promo and ordered a giftcard that would earn SB's to qualify for another offer, to turn around and use through airmilesshops at Amazon to fufill one of the two shops for MegaMiles.:faint:
And finally, there is a Spend $100 get 15000 points offer at NoFrills this weekend AND I have a decent bonus offer for Shoppers Drug Mart so I am trying to maximize those and make my lists. My head literally hurts.

Hi, my names pigletto and I am points hunting addict.

My head is spinning with all of the points wrangling I have been doing this morning!! I have been mapping out the offers for Mega Miles on 3 cards ( I always feel the need to point out that these are for three household members and perfectly legitimate.. I don't know why :o:o:o). On top of this, I have been working on a Swagbucks promo and ordered a giftcard that would earn SB's to qualify for another offer, to turn around and use through airmilesshops at Amazon to fufill one of the two shops for MegaMiles.:faint:
And finally, there is a Spend $100 get 15000 points offer at NoFrills this weekend AND I have a decent bonus offer for Shoppers Drug Mart so I am trying to maximize those and make my lists. My head literally hurts.

Hi, my names pigletto and I am points hunting addict.

Award points hunting (keeping it generic) is almost becoming a full time job. I spent about 2 hrs this morning mapping out and planning for our extended family as well. I was so excited I haven't eaten yet today so now that I am back from my shop I'll do that.

On top of this, I have been working on a Swagbucks promo and ordered a giftcard that would earn SB's to qualify for another offer, to turn around and use through airmilesshops at Amazon to fufill one of the two shops for MegaMiles.:faint:

Are you trying for the 500 SB Swago? I just finished that one yesterday and it was a bear! That darned Cabela's square just about killed me.

I remember reading about getting extra airmiles when purchasing g/c's at Shell. I can't seem to find anything on the Shell website or Airmiles website regarding this. I think someone had said this promo was all the way until May. Can someone point in the right direction to find the details for this. Thank you!

Are you trying for the 500 SB Swago? I just finished that one yesterday and it was a bear! That darned Cabela's square just about killed me.
Yes!!! I finally got it, but wow.. you’re right. They fixed the Cabela’s square sometime this morning. I used the Amazon gift card to order a sleeping bag my husband wants and I shopped through the airmiles shops.ca portal to qualify for one of the megamiles shops. I’ll be getting the other by purchasing our Turbo Tax program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter