Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Good for you sending them the email,,
My offers on my account are terrible and this is the second week for me with no spend x number dollars get bonus airmiles too.
On my son's card he got a spend $60 get 120 Bonus Airmiles ,,,what gives ,,I guess I will switch to his card till the offers dry up there to.
It does make me sad that they don't throw there regular customers a *bone* .

Hugs
Mel

I haven't gotten offers like that for ages.

Every year I tell myself less is best but when it comes to flowers I am sunk!
I was aiming for 4 -5 baskets and I just bought 4 at home depot and it is just not enough.
Off to Canadian Tire this afternoon.
It is my one weakness and at least I got some Airmiles with the Shell gift cards I bought last week and this week.:)
1651771345913.png
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
My threshold spend at Safeway is spend $150 get 150 AM. It’s a good return but I never spend that much there unless I buy gift cards which are not included.
The one that gets me though is almost every week I have a buy $3 in celery and get bonus AM. A bunch of celery at my Safeway is $2.99 🙄 so I buy celery all the time but never get any bonus AM for it.

My threshold spend at Safeway is spend $150 get 150 AM. It’s a good return but I never spend that much there unless I buy gift cards which are not included.
The one that gets me though is almost every week I have a buy $3 in celery and get bonus AM. A bunch of celery at my Safeway is $2.99 🙄 so I buy celery all the time but never get any bonus AM for it.
Mine is buy $3 in strawberries get 5 Airmiles but the strawberries are $2.99. Yeah I buy them but never get any Airmiles on them either.
crazy

Hugs Mel

Got to love the son :lovestruc
He picked up some stuffed crust Pizza today,, 3 meat on sale $6.99
grabbed 4 and picked up 80 Bonus Airmiles.
We bought them last minute last weekend. They were actually pretty good (for grocery store pizza)

I seen they have the garlic bread ones on sale with AM this week. We have had those - and I really liked it (for a processed grocery store pizza). I might pick a couple of those up for the boys for quick suppers if dh and I are out for the night.

We bought them last minute last weekend. They were actually pretty good (for grocery store pizza)

I seen they have the garlic bread ones on sale with AM this week. We have had those - and I really liked it (for a processed grocery store pizza). I might pick a couple of those up for the boys for quick suppers if dh and I are out for the night.
Yeah my sons like the stuffed ones but they have been going for $8.99 and up here.
I agree for store bought they are not too bad and make a quick dinner with a tossed salad.

For once I had a decent Sobeys spend threshold! Spend $200 get 380. I went yesterday and they had their turkeys marked down to Easter prices so grabbed one for the deep freeze along with a bunch of frozen fruit. I shopped hungry so ended up with a couple of weird items like Covered Bridge Storm Chips and edible cookie dough! Oh well - rarely happens...

New AM goal: 4 Mickeys Halloween Party tickets for August!

Nothing in the Flyers for me for the upcoming week.

I am tempted to pick up some stuffed Pizzas and ask my sister to store them in the freezer for me.
Offer ends today.
40 Bonus Miles
Buy 2 DELISSIO Stuffed Crust, Crispy Pan or Croissant Pizza 556-744 g, in-store*

Hugs Mel

I've had a couple for good weeks for miles. I had a spend $100 get 190 at Sobeys which was 2 weeks ago and then a $100/100 from Metro this week. Metro was an easy one as chicken breast was on sale and I was down to 1 in the freezer. So I spent $50 just on that. Between the 2 offers I've earned approx 450 miles....both stores had some other good offers on things that we needed.

So we have a couple of WDW trips on the horizon....well one for me and one for DD. Separate trips this time around. DD is going with a friend and it's her friends first ever trip. So it will be a ton of fun for DD to be the tour guide. I'm hoping it will also be an eye opener as to how much money I've spent taking her down there so frequently. LOL...there has been a new question every day and my answer is, go search the Dis. Today's issue...only 6 days left to order Magic Bands and there is nothing on the site. DH and I are also going in June. I found a great deal on a package through Costco Travel. It will be an offsite trip this time but I'm ok with it as we haven't done that in years. Not sure if we will do more than 1 day in a park as I really need some quiet time at a pool. I'm contemplating going to Coco beach for a day and maybe doing some other non Disney things.

Question....does anyone know of an Etsy seller or anyone really that could make some custom shirts for DD and her friend? I thought it might be fun to surprise them. I found an Etsy seller that has a shirt I really think DD will like but the shipping might not be fast enough. I would need the shirts in my hands by May 22nd.....they leave on the 24th.

Not sure if we will do more than 1 day in a park as I really need some quiet time at a pool. I'm contemplating going to Coco beach for a day and maybe doing some other non Disney things.
When dh and I were there in February, we toured and did soooooooooooo much that wasn't Disney related. We enjoyed it so much. We went to both Coco Beach and Clearwater beach. We definitely preferred Clearwater over Coco beach. Clearwater has such amazing sand, the water is calmer, and BEAUTIFUL sunset. They are both about the same amount of time to travel there. Actually Clearwater was shorter (by maybe 10 minutes). When we go back, we will definitely be hitting Clearwater again to do more exploring. We did a dolphin excursion and it was AMAZING! We seen lots of dolphins and watched them jump in the wakes of the boats. They were swimming so close to the boat. Dh and I were sitting in the perfect spot as we could have put our hands over the rails and touched them, they were so close. I highly recommend doing one of those tours if you go there. It was one of the many highlights of our trip!
Edited to add photos
PXL_20220224_163410018.jpgPXL_20220224_162420147.jpgPXL_20220224_145723978.jpg

Last edited:
When dh and I were there in February, we toured and did soooooooooooo much that wasn't Disney related. We enjoyed it so much. We went to both Coco Beach and Clearwater beach. We definitely preferred Clearwater over Coco beach. Clearwater has such amazing sand, the water is calmer, and BEAUTIFUL sunset. They are both about the same amount of time to travel there. Actually Clearwater was shorter (by maybe 10 minutes). When we go back, we will definitely be hitting Clearwater again to do more exploring. We did a dolphin excursion and it was AMAZING! We seen lots of dolphins and watched them jump in the wakes of the boats. They were swimming so close to the boat. Dh and I were sitting in the perfect spot as we could have put our hands over the rails and touched them, they were so close. I highly recommend doing one of those tours if you go there. It was one of the many highlights of our trip!
Edited to add photos
View attachment 668490View attachment 668491View attachment 668492
How do you get ones of those cabanas on the beach? I was thinking Coco for 2 reasons….1 I know where to rent chairs and an umbrella….2 the original Ron Jon shop

After 4 weeks I finally got a spend offer. Not good but at least I got one. Mine is spend $115 get 25 miles. The other 2 cards did not get any spend offers just product offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter