Airmiles Armchair Chatter

How do you get ones of those cabanas on the beach? I was thinking Coco for 2 reasons….1 I know where to rent chairs and an umbrella….2 the original Ron Jon shop
I believe this how to rent them. They sure did look cozy!

https://www.awesomeclearwater.com/cabana-and-beach-rentals.html

Edited to add -

We were all about finding those great little places to eat. There is this little place not even a 5 minute walk from Pier 60. It is tiny 30 second walk off the main strip with all the shopping and restaurants. We ate at " Pearly' s Beach Eats" OMG....the food was sooooo frigging good and the place is soooo cool. I HIGHLY recommend eating there at least one. Very reasonably priced, freshly made -not some chain processed cr@p. Dh had the po boy and i had the fish tacos. It was one of our better meals down there!

Last edited:
Here I go ready to slide off topic again, someone might need to contact the person who supposedly maintains this thread 🤫🤪
My sobeys offers are awful lately, products I've rarely (if ever) bought, buy 2 get 4 miles, NOT happening! The closest one is 40 minutes each way and even our little car with great mileage shudders over the cost. Metro seems to be not bad, I'm coming close to 1:1 ratio.
Life is really hard for me at the moment, at least the weather is nice today. Mocha had dental surgery last week and it didn't go well, I had to take her back to the vet, she stopped eating again and seemed to be in pain. She had food stuck in some of her sockets and one had gotten infected 😔 Gave her some antibiotics and more pain meds and she's much happier now. Even washed her face for the first time in a week. Poor baby lost a whole pound in a week. She has a waist now. She's comfy at the moment, hopefully she'll stay like this during my therapy session and doesn't demand cuddles.1652465420527285653820254437473.jpg
I just finished making a lovey for the new baby. I wasn't sure how the blankie would wash up so I decided to go all in with my sample 🤪 even custom ordered a teether
20220513_134717.jpg
20220513_134754.jpg

Here I go ready to slide off topic again, someone might need to contact the person who supposedly maintains this thread 🤫🤪
My sobeys offers are awful lately, products I've rarely (if ever) bought, buy 2 get 4 miles, NOT happening! The closest one is 40 minutes each way and even our little car with great mileage shudders over the cost. Metro seems to be not bad, I'm coming close to 1:1 ratio.
Life is really hard for me at the moment, at least the weather is nice today. Mocha had dental surgery last week and it didn't go well, I had to take her back to the vet, she stopped eating again and seemed to be in pain. She had food stuck in some of her sockets and one had gotten infected 😔 Gave her some antibiotics and more pain meds and she's much happier now. Even washed her face for the first time in a week. Poor baby lost a whole pound in a week. She has a waist now. She's comfy at the moment, hopefully she'll stay like this during my therapy session and doesn't demand cuddles.View attachment 668936
I just finished making a lovey for the new baby. I wasn't sure how the blankie would wash up so I decided to go all in with my sample 🤪 even custom ordered a teether
View attachment 668937
View attachment 668939
Beautiful!
Such a talented Grandma you are Hon!
Kitty hugs to Mocha.
Hugs
Mel

I've been hedging on when is best to get gas and when it went up 5 cents today and another 5 cents Saturday and 5 cents scheduled for Sunday I raced out the door for a half a tank ,,,my little Blue Belle took 44$!!!!1652482157210.png
Thank Gosh I retired because at this rate I'd almost be paying just to drive into work. I just can't imagine how some 2 car families are doing this. My sister said it will impact their weekend visits up north this summer. So much for the On Gov. Staycation Tax benefit helping anyone out.
Metro is still within a drive but Sobeys and Foodland just went out the allowed perimeter for me.

Last edited:
Is this exclusion new for the Onyx shopper?

Products NOT available at online Canadian retailers and/or in Canadian dollars

I was looking to see if I would be able to use miles to rent a cabana at Volcano bay (I don’t think so since you can’t book online) but now I am worried about MNSSHP as well - has anyone booked Disney special event tickets lately?

Is this exclusion new for the Onyx shopper?

Products NOT available at online Canadian retailers and/or in Canadian dollars

I was looking to see if I would be able to use miles to rent a cabana at Volcano bay (I don’t think so since you can’t book online) but now I am worried about MNSSHP as well - has anyone booked Disney special event tickets lately?
I'm pretty sure that's what the fine print has always said, I could be wrong though. I'm thinking this would exclude the tickets people have been picking up from the UK seller, they mention they pay in Euros? The website we use to buy the tickets of any type are from the Canadian website which satisfies the "OR" part of that exclusion.

OH MY GOODNESS! This is amazing!
Where in the heck did you find this Spirited Away fabric?!
You should be selling these on Etsy or FB marketplace, I know you could charge enough to make a decent profit because it is so niche and custom.
Outstanding job!

Sorry, I got so excited about the baby gift I should also say so sorry to hear about Mocha and I am glad to hear she is doing a bit better.

Life is really hard for me at the moment, at least the weather is nice today. Mocha had dental surgery last week and it didn't go well, I had to take her back to the vet, she stopped eating again and seemed to be in pain. She had food stuck in some of her sockets and one had gotten infected 😔 Gave her some antibiotics and more pain meds and she's much happier now. Even washed her face for the first time in a week. Poor baby lost a whole pound in a week. She has a waist now. She's comfy at the moment, hopefully she'll stay like this during my therapy session and doesn't demand cuddles.
View attachment 668937
View attachment 668939

I believe this how to rent them. They sure did look cozy!

https://www.awesomeclearwater.com/cabana-and-beach-rentals.html

Edited to add -

We were all about finding those great little places to eat. There is this little place not even a 5 minute walk from Pier 60. It is tiny 30 second walk off the main strip with all the shopping and restaurants. We ate at " Pearly' s Beach Eats" OMG....the food was sooooo frigging good and the place is soooo cool. I HIGHLY recommend eating there at least one. Very reasonably priced, freshly made -not some chain processed cr@p. Dh had the po boy and i had the fish tacos. It was one of our better meals down there!
I'm loving that....just grab a spot and they come to you! What's the parking situation?

OH MY GOODNESS! This is amazing!
Where in the heck did you find this Spirited Away fabric?!
You should be selling these on Etsy or FB marketplace, I know you could charge enough to make a decent profit because it is so niche and custom.
Outstanding job!

Sorry, I got so excited about the baby gift I should also say so sorry to hear about Mocha and I am glad to hear she is doing a bit better.
Nah, the baby is definitely more exciting than my kitty! I can't believe how fast the time is flying by, he'll be here in less than 10 weeks 😳
I got the fabric from an Etsy shop (after Google showed me what on earth Totoro is after I asked about the theme for the nursery 🤪) it's based in Oshawa and shipping was quick. They have a great selection of all types of story related items even do custom printed fabrics

Book Tales Etsy Shop

Last edited:
I'm loving that....just grab a spot and they come to you! What's the parking situation?
We got their early, so we found parking very close to Pier 60. But there is quite a bit of parking all along the beach there. Getting into the area was easy. We did leave around 4:30 that day, and found it took a bit more time. We wanted to be in a more secluded spot to watch the sunset that day and beat the traffic trying to leave that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter