Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You could purchase a replacement battery for the computer if it still meets your needs. I did that with my last laptop and it bought me another few years before replacing it.

Well with three computer wizard sons I am sure I will find something.
I am thinking a tower instead of a lap top this time.
Maybe Best Buy or Staples,, although Best Buy has more of a selection.
I just want something reliable.

You could purchase a replacement battery for the computer if it still meets your needs. I did that with my last laptop and it bought me another few years before replacing it.
I don’t really need the battery often. I keep it plugged in at home. It’s def on its way out though. It’s slow and does a lot of weird things. I’ve looked at new ones every now and then. I’m amazed that a ‘cheap’ one is now around $1000. I think I paid $500ish for this one.

I’ve contemplated switching to an IPad. My oldest DD says I can add programs for word processing and doc scanning which are the main things I need at home. However, I’ve also considering switching all my work docs over to a PC…I have to use a lot of paper. Not actually sure if that is even an option and after the gov garbage I’ve dealt with this year I’m not sure I want to be fully electronic. Having the papers to pull from really saved my butt.

Well with three computer wizard sons I am sure I will find something.
I am thinking a tower instead of a lap top this time.
Maybe Best Buy or Staples,, although Best Buy has more of a selection.
I just want something reliable.
LOL…can they sort me out too?

I no longer need something super as I am no longer doing online education.
I just need something for email, storing images for art work ,, printing designs and chit chat.
They (sons) are ok buying refurbished (they know how to take them apart and fix them) but I am definitely not,, I want new and at least a few years warranty.
I think I am looking at $600 to $700 all in with taxes ,,may not be possible but I will see Friday Black Friday sales turn up anything.

Mel

So how does that work for the site wide 20x if you have a Max Pass for 40X too?
Any chance you get both ,,,I know probably not.
Hugs Mel

So how does that work for the site wide 20x if you have a Max Pass for 40X too?
Any chance you get both ,,,I know probably not.
Hugs Mel
Should be getting both. Just the Max Pass is only for one site and the 20X is for all your shopping.

Should be getting both. Just the Max Pass is only for one site and the 20X is for all your shopping.
So 20X on base spend for Computer,,, say $600= roughly 600 Airmiles right?
AND
40X for spend on Computer? say $6oo = roughly 1200 airmiles right?

ntshkd.gif

Last edited:
It's really tricky with the maxpass. First place you shop at on 24th becomes your store. If you pick Amazon don't have anything in your cart before you go to shop as those items will not count. Also electronics are not on the list for November so if you are looking at a computer don't make Amazon your choice.

We are in the market for ipads. I think Apple will be our choice. Would have liked to use amazon as we have lots of other odds and ends we could have gotten but with ipads not included at amazon I think we will do better with max pass at apple.

Just in case anyone looking for a laptop is interested, TSC has a couple on showstoppers this week so pretty good prices, depending on what you need. I'm trying to talk myself out of getting a gaming laptop. I don't need one. I don't game. But if I had a good gaming laptop I could. $1000 at 20X the points is how many AM again? Ugh.

I'm needing to talk myself out of splurging at Sephora with my 30X max pass as well. But if the one makeup pallet I want is magically stocked for black friday- I might be doing 2 shops :o .

TBH - it is a pallet I would use (and have used in the past to travel with and works amazing for that) But yikes...do I spoil myself or not :rolleyes1 The last one I had lasted 2+ years - and travelled everywhere with me whenever we went out of town.

Now for the reason I jumped back on. I have MB from 2018. Will they still work to open the door to our room, charge things to the room and get into the park. Basically all the tap items. I know they won't work for photos etc and that's ok. I really don't want to have to get new MB.
Yes, we used our old ones when we went in August, worked fine!

can't wait!!! I'll be puttingsome time into both making my wish lists and a few hint for those who are planning on using Amazon as their MAX PASS "store"
I'm currently up to my ears in sewing little gift bags for anyone who goes the extra mile, or looks like they need a touch of magic themselves during our birthday trip. I bought a bunch of individually wrapped maple syrup candies to pop inside. The countdown is going so quickly now!!

to answer the question of what happens with using a max pass - yes, it will stack with the site wide and any individual stores as well. As mentioned above they ADD together, NOT multiple so think of each multiplier as a separate offer. Also you only earn the base miles once.

side note, WestJet dropped their Black Friday seat sale today, for our February It will cost us, all in, taxes included, $338.66 and leave us with a $148 credit towards October.
20231120_142226.jpg

So just wanted to come and update everyone that all 3 of my upload receipts offers finally posted. They said pending for a few days but all three accounts now have the item miles (in my case tortillas) and the bonus 100 miles.
I didn't bother contacting them I just waited to see what would happen so if you are still waiting check your account.

So I am going to place an order on TSC and it says "23 AM per $20!" but I can't tell if that's including the 20X the AM or before the 20X the AM. All the sites are different and some don't have a bonus. So confused! I guess I'll wait and see. Hoping it's 23 plus 20X lol. But either way it's a lot of AM.
1700520356984.png

So I am going to place an order on TSC and it says "23 AM per $20!" but I can't tell if that's including the 20X the AM or before the 20X the AM. All the sites are different and some don't have a bonus. So confused! I guess I'll wait and see. Hoping it's 23 plus 20X lol. But either way it's a lot of AM.
View attachment 812211
That means that the Airmilesstore has the 20X and TSC has it's own 3X multiplier

Just had the final bonus 100 miles from Metro for doing the $75 threshold spend (however many weeks we did that) post to the account. Hubby took the rental car to fill up for the Shell deal - looking like Frederick's beauty treatment won't be done until after we get home since they couldn't find anyone who drives standard get the danged thing to the garage for close to a week URGH

I'm needing to talk myself out of splurging at Sephora with my 30X max pass as well. But if the one makeup pallet I want is magically stocked for black friday- I might be doing 2 shops :o .

TBH - it is a pallet I would use (and have used in the past to travel with and works amazing for that) But yikes...do I spoil myself or not :rolleyes1 The last one I had lasted 2+ years - and travelled everywhere with me whenever we went out of town.
I say spoil away! You deserve it!
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter