Airmiles Mega Miles BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED!!

Popped over the bridge to Gatineau to do the IGA, Mega Miles offer (use 95 miles for $10) for both DH and myself.

With that, my husband has completed 6 offers (Jiffy Lube, IGA, Sobeys, BMO, Shell, airmilesshops). I'm not that into fighting for the airmilesshops offer (still isn't showing up on his account) in order to get the big bonus. I'll follow up for the 50 Air Miles but wanted the 6th partner as insurance.

With the IGA offer, I am at 4 completed offers on my card (IGA, Sobeys, BMO, Shell). I'll definitely be doing the Rona offer when it activates in a few days and that will finish up Mega Miles 2020 for my family!

@Donald - my hero, for the list of what shows on receipts, IGA is an opt-in process and nothing shows on the receipt except for using 95 miles for $10.

Attachments

• 20200822_121032.jpg
    20200822_121032.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@Donald - my hero, I just want to express my thanks for all your efforts to help us organize and achieve the bonus for this Mega Miles event, and everything else you do on this board.

I have referred some first-timers to your helpful overview and tips posts, and they found the way you've set things out very helpful.

Sending lots of appreciation your way!!!

Popped over the bridge to Gatineau to do the IGA, Mega Miles offer (use 95 miles for $10) for both DH and myself.

With that, my husband has completed 6 offers (Jiffy Lube, IGA, Sobeys, BMO, Shell, airmilesshops). I'm not that into fighting for the airmilesshops offer (still isn't showing up on his account) in order to get the big bonus. I'll follow up for the 50 Air Miles but wanted the 6th partner as insurance.

With the IGA offer, I am at 4 completed offers on my card (IGA, Sobeys, BMO, Shell). I'll definitely be doing the Rona offer when it activates in a few days and that will finish up Mega Miles 2020 for my family!

@Donald - my hero, for the list of what shows on receipts, IGA is an opt-in process and nothing shows on the receipt except for using 95 miles for $10.

how long does it take for the airmileshops to show up?

how long does it take for the airmileshops to show up?
I think it depends on a few factors... We bought from The Children's Place through airmilesshops in the past and the transactions showed in a couple of days.

I've just had so many times where the transactions never showed up, and it's been a week since we ordered from Well.ca... Seems to happen when we order from Indigo too...

I don't mind chasing the miles too much through the live chat after 75 days has passed. I've never had a problem getting the miles we're owed...

It's just that this counts as one of the Mega Miles offers and I'd rather not be fighting for the big bonus too; I'd much prefer to have the big bonus just post.

Has anyone bought a sandwich from IGA express for Mega Miles? Is it really that simple? I opted in, bought the sandwich ( which was also behind the Airmiles sign. Nothing indicated on my receipt, which doesn't surprise me as it was an opt in; no code.

I'm back home and the Staples e-mail invoices (two of them) show the coupon code 75171 on the invoices. Not the air miles card number however. That's fine. I took screen shots.

I am not sure if I should go get 2 more GCs for DD’s card. DH is worried to get so much money tied up in Sobeys GC in case of it closing down. But the 200 AM are tempting!

I have always purchased the max of 5 on my card and 5 on my husband, and switched 5-7 of them into Shell gift cards. But now.. your comment made me think of all the store closures taken place so far. Have you or your husband actually heard any rumours of Sobey's closing? Has anyone heard anything about Sobey's or Shell? Is it just general worries? Now I'm wondering.. I was going to pick up cards tomorrow. We love switching them into Shell and using them to pay for our gas.

Just knocked another one off my card and another off DH's. I think I might have to do a sixth on mine as my AM Shops/Nike order I am relying on them not taking back the miles when I return half the order. They typically just keep it the same.

I'm back home and the Staples e-mail invoices (two of them) show the coupon code 75171 on the invoices. Not the air miles card number however. That's fine. I took screen shots.

I have always purchased the max of 5 on my card and 5 on my husband, and switched 5-7 of them into Shell gift cards. But now.. your comment made me think of all the store closures taken place so far. Have you or your husband actually heard any rumours of Sobey's closing? Has anyone heard anything about Sobey's or Shell? Is it just general worries? Now I'm wondering.. I was going to pick up cards tomorrow. We love switching them into Shell and using them to pay for our gas.
I don’t think he has heard anything but he is mindful of things like that. I thought of using the gift cards for Shell but we usually fill at Esso. I still have a $50 Shell card from before for Shell AM purchases. Price Chopper is where I use the Sobeys GCs. There’s only one in my area. The other one was turned into another store (can’t remember which one) a few years ago. I can’t use GC to buy other GCs at Price Chopper. I tried.

Thank you Staples for shipping half of my items incorrectly. I ordered 400 page notebooks...they send 200 pages. I order corrector tape...they send liquid. I order a file box....they send a storage box. I didn't even look at the rest of my items....I'm too irritated. The whole point of online ordering is to save me the time of going to the store because time is something I just don't have at the moment.

I am confused regarding the Needs/Sobeys Express requirement. Online it stats that I need to spend $20 + on almost anything in the store and receive 10 airmiles. On a sheet they have posted in the store it states that I need to spend $10 on Compliments products and receive 20 airmiles to count towards the mega airmiles offers.Which is it?

I've highlighted the information that's on the megamiles website and that's what I would do, it's very clear that you don't need to buy anything specific (other than the normal exclusions of things like giftcards and lottery ...) perhaps the store and or flyer has another offer that's just running at the same time? In the 2nd screenshot I've highlighted that it says miles won't appear on the receipt btw so if some do show up you'll know it is an extra offer. IF you do NOT want to buy the stuff they say you need to then don't, go by the coupon!n just be sure you opt in BEFORE you shop
Screenshot_20200823-144118_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200823-144214_Chrome.jpg

I've highlighted the information that's on the megamiles website and that's what I would do, it's very clear that you don't need to buy anything specific (other than the normal exclusions of things like giftcards and lottery ...) perhaps the store and or flyer has another offer that's just running at the same time? In the 2nd screenshot I've highlighted that it says miles won't appear on the receipt btw so if some do show up you'll know it is an extra offer. IF you do NOT want to buy the stuff they say you need to then don't, go by the coupon!n just be sure you opt in BEFORE you shop
View attachment 521154View attachment 521155
Thanks for the info.I have the screen shot that says the spend 20 in case there's an issue.hetes a pic of what was posted in the store: 20200823_134338.jpg

Thanks for the info.I have the screen shot that says the spend 20 in case there's an issue.hetes a pic of what was posted in the store: View attachment 521156
Huhm, I'm thinking that this might be on top of the coupon on the website based on a few things mentioned in this letter (which looks to me like you're lucky you've seen! Directed to the district managers?!)
  • It says in the first point that "we are excited to offer AN EXCLUSIVE offer"
  • further down it says the you will receive the 20 miles mentioned in the poster at time of purchase
  • It also says that it's incremental - spend $30 get 60 miles etc but the Mega Miles is a one shot deal, get the 10 and that's it
  • And finally it says something about it being outside of the EDLP program (whatever that means?!)
I guess you'll be getting more miles if you manage to buy a ton of the compliments products!

I agree with you on the GC. My Sobeys will be closing Oct 2. I got enough GC that I should be able to use up o before then. If not I can use them at FreshCo and Foodland.

Thank you. That makes me feel better about the gift cards. Frankly I forgot about Foodland and FreshCo.

Well I have 4 done now but only 1 has posted. The one I least expect to post... the online shop. I'll be doing Children's Place tomorrow to get to 5. I didn't get to $500 on BMO but did get to $250 so that counts.

I hope if they do a shop the block in the winter they have a few more or better offers though...

I am confused regarding the Needs/Sobeys Express requirement. Online it stats that I need to spend $20 + on almost anything in the store and receive 10 airmiles. On a sheet they have posted in the store it states that I need to spend $10 on Compliments products and receive 20 airmiles to count towards the mega airmiles offers.Which is it?
This came up on the Air Miles Facebook page. I took some screenshots with the representative's response:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-004648_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-004648_Facebook.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20200824-004718_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-004718_Facebook.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 16
The discussion about buying gift cards and being unsure if you'll be able to use them is why we have never bought cards that we don't think will be used within the next 30 days. There's zero recourse if the business shutters, or stops taking gift cards online! We just don't like having money tied up in cards and this just confirms that. Sorry for those of you who are losing a Sobeys location, gaining a store you won't shop at & needing to travel further than normal to be able to shop :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter