Airtran changing schedules RIGHT NOW ..2ND TIME..CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS

August 31st ,2008 we returned from MCO on Airtran we had a 737 3 across on both sides and that plane was packed solid! I think all but one seat was full! And I booked back in June during a sale ! Paid $109 plus taxes and seat fees came to $125.50! Our flight was never changed at all it was from MCO to PHL! It was a very nice flight the atte3ndents were great! The plane ride was very smooth and we got in to PHL 10 minutes early!! :thumbsup2 There were also 2 bathrooms not one in the rear of the plane! It also seemed like it had more leg room then the Southwest Flight from PHL to MCO!

August 31st ,2008 we returned from MCO on Airtran we had a 737 3 across on both sides and that plane was packed solid! I think all but one seat was full! And I booked back in June during a sale ! Paid $109 plus taxes and seat fees came to $125.50! Our flight was never changed at all it was from MCO to PHL! It was a very nice flight the atte3ndents were great! The plane ride was very smooth and we got in to PHL 10 minutes early!! :thumbsup2 There were also 2 bathrooms not one in the rear of the plane! It also seemed like it had more leg room then the Southwest Flight from PHL to MCO!

Thanks for letting us know of a positive experience with Airtran. We rarely hear them.

That makes me feel better

Hope you had a great trip:goodvibes

Thanks for letting us know of a positive experience with Airtran. We rarely hear them.

No Problem and the other positive is the drinks non- acoholic are still complimentary and so are the snacks!!! That was a plus! They also were on Southwest ! But Spirit down here in AC charges ala carte! My trip was ASwesome I can wait to plan the next one but I dont think I can go again in a year I think we may have to wait 2-3yrs! Unless of course my father doesn't use his DVC points then that will surely get me there sooner! LOL!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the information. We are flying AirTran for the first time next month.

We just got off our first airtran flight (up to now we've been flying SWA several times/yr) & I can say for fact that the flight we were on, the row I was in, there was NO knee room & when the child in front of me reclined, I was completely jammed. Mind you, it's not like I'm tall -- just 5'7", although my legs are longer than most folks.

By comparison, on our SWA trip down, I had enough room to pop a medium Dunkin Donuts iced coffee cup in the pocket in front of me and still have good wiggle room. :confused3

I do want to add that the AT flight crew was wonderful & the landing was the best ever, but given the room situation, I will avoid booking Airtran in the future unless the prices are considerably lower than either JB or SWA to warrant a sardine feeling ending to our vacation again. Changing our flight home over the holidays to another carrier now. Flight down is staying AT just because I caught an awesome deal.

We just got off our first airtran flight (up to now we've been flying SWA several times/yr) & I can say for fact that the flight we were on, the row I was in, there was NO knee room & when the child in front of me reclined, I was completely jammed. Mind you, it's not like I'm tall -- just 5'7", although my legs are longer than most folks.

By comparison, on our SWA trip down, I had enough room to pop a medium Dunkin Donuts iced coffee cup in the pocket in front of me and still have good wiggle room. :confused3

I do want to add that the AT flight crew was wonderful & the landing was the best ever, but given the room situation, I will avoid booking Airtran in the future unless the prices are considerably lower than either JB or SWA to warrant a sardine feeling ending to our vacation again. Changing our flight home over the holidays to another carrier now. Flight down is staying AT just because I caught an awesome deal.
Maybe you had a different type plane we were in rows 25 and 26 and everryone in the party among adults agreed there was definitely more leg room than southwest not a hole heaping lot but enough to be a lil more comfortable! Either way I will fly either Southwest or Airtran if they are around! Love the flights and crews on both! No complaints here! Just wanted to post my positive experience with Airtran as it seems there are so many negative here! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the positive review. We're flying AirTran in and out of PHL and MCO in three weeks, and as a hesitant flyer to begin with, the smooth landing report leaves me feeling a little less anxious about things.

No Problem and the other positive is the drinks non- acoholic are still complimentary and so are the snacks!!! That was a plus! They also were on Southwest ! But Spirit down here in AC charges ala carte! My trip was ASwesome I can wait to plan the next one but I dont think I can go again in a year I think we may have to wait 2-3yrs! Unless of course my father doesn't use his DVC points then that will surely get me there sooner! LOL!

That is good to hear. I know a few airlines now are charging for sodas and snack.

Lets hope he does not use his DVC points then, so you can get down there sooner :rotfl:

I was a Midwest Express person, but they cancelled and I went with AirTran.

I flew home on Labor Day with Airtran and I had a good experience. My flight took off on time and landed 15 minutes early.

I was able to get on a stand-by flight to get home earlier and about 6 of us got on and we all got the upgraded seats. I sat in the very first row. The flight attendant gave me a glass of beverage. During the flight I got another beverage and a pick of a snack from the snack basket. I paid $88 for a one way ticket from Jacksonville/Atlanta/Milwaukee. I sure hope "Karma" doesn't bite me in the donkey butt when I fly with them again in November.

That is good to hear. I know a few airlines now are charging for sodas and snack.

Lets hope he does not use his DVC points then, so you can get down there sooner :rotfl:

I probably will get there sooner as I am the one that usually uses them and not him! LOL! So unless he goes to Hilton Head I should be safe! :rotfl:

I flew home on Labor Day with Airtran and I had a good experience. My flight took off on time and landed 15 minutes early.

I was able to get on a stand-by flight to get home earlier and about 6 of us got on and we all got the upgraded seats. I sat in the very first row. The flight attendant gave me a glass of beverage. During the flight I got another beverage and a pick of a snack from the snack basket. I paid $88 for a one way ticket from Jacksonville/Atlanta/Milwaukee. I sure hope "Karma" doesn't bite me in the donkey butt when I fly with them again in November.[/QUOTE

Glad it worked out well for you and hope it does again in November:goodvibes

I probably will get there sooner as I am the one that usually uses them and not him! LOL! So unless he goes to Hilton Head I should be safe! :rotfl:

So who did he buy DVC for, Him or You :rotfl2:

I was able to get on a stand-by flight to get home earlier and about 6 of us got on and we all got the upgraded seats. I sat in the very first row. The flight attendant gave me a glass of beverage. During the flight I got another beverage and a pick of a snack from the snack basket. I paid $88 for a one way ticket from Jacksonville/Atlanta/Milwaukee. I sure hope "Karma" doesn't bite me in the donkey butt when I fly with them again in November.[/QUOTE

Glad it worked out well for you and hope it does again in November:goodvibes

So who did he buy DVC for, Him or You :rotfl2:

HIM :lmao: but he don't use it as much as he use to! Although they like going to hilton head, disney also he drives cause mom wont fly and he has trouble seeing now at night had cataracs removed ! So it works to my benefit alot sad but true! :thumbsup2

I've been flying Airtran for years and have never had any problem that I wouldn't have otherwise had with another airline. Living in Atlanta, I can get Delta or Airtran nonstop to most destinations, and Airtran is always friendlier and more comfortable. Additionally, you earn free flights with the A+ rewards program far faster than with Delta skymiles.

The vast majority of the complaints I read about here are legitimate, but are generally due to inexperience with air travel and the way airlines work. Most Disney travelers are not frequent fliers! For example, routing flights through a hub (in Airtran's case, Atlanta) is a cost-saving mechanism vs. providing nonstop flights. Thus, as they reorganize to stop the bleeding (of money), the first flights to be cut are those that do not go through a hub. [It is true that Airtran's corporate HQ is in Orlando. However, their main travel hub for connections is in Atlanta.]

Before you criticize an airline like Airtran, ask yourself, "would this really have been any different with another airline?" Perhaps, but not likely. But definitely post it here - there may be an answer that you didn't think of that will put your mind at ease!

I just got an e-mail notification of a schedule change for an Oct. 31 flight. The new schedule really didn't work. 38 minutes to run through the Atlanta airport to catch the last plane to Detroit? I don't think so! I called them up to look for a different option, and they not only got me on a different non-stop flight, but they also got me on a non-stop flight from Detroit to Orlando. This one arrives at 8:30 PM instead of 11:30 PM (and no longer includes a sprint through Atlanta), so it works out much better.

Of course, I fully expect that this schedule will change, too. But for now, I'm pretty happy.

I've been flying Airtran for years and have never had any problem that I wouldn't have otherwise had with another airline. Living in Atlanta, I can get Delta or Airtran nonstop to most destinations, and Airtran is always friendlier and more comfortable. Additionally, you earn free flights with the A+ rewards program far faster than with Delta skymiles.

The vast majority of the complaints I read about here are legitimate, but are generally due to inexperience with air travel and the way airlines work. Most Disney travelers are not frequent fliers! For example, routing flights through a hub (in Airtran's case, Atlanta) is a cost-saving mechanism vs. providing nonstop flights. Thus, as they reorganize to stop the bleeding (of money), the first flights to be cut are those that do not go through a hub. [It is true that Airtran's corporate HQ is in Orlando. However, their main travel hub for connections is in Atlanta.]

Before you criticize an airline like Airtran, ask yourself, "would this really have been any different with another airline?" Perhaps, but not likely. But definitely post it here - there may be an answer that you didn't think of that will put your mind at ease!

Good point. thanks:goodvibes
I just got an e-mail notification of a schedule change for an Oct. 31 flight. The new schedule really didn't work. 38 minutes to run through the Atlanta airport to catch the last plane to Detroit? I don't think so! I called them up to look for a different option, and they not only got me on a different non-stop flight, but they also got me on a non-stop flight from Detroit to Orlando. This one arrives at 8:30 PM instead of 11:30 PM (and no longer includes a sprint through Atlanta), so it works out much better.

Of course, I fully expect that this schedule will change, too. But for now, I'm pretty happy.

That is great!! Hopefully it stays for you:goodvibes

According to SeatGuru Airtran has a pitch of 31" and SW is 32-33". I'm not sure if most people would notice the extra inch or two but the people in your party are all mistaken. I'm comparing apples to apples (737 to 737), the Airtran B717 has a pitch of 30"

Maybe you had a different type plane we were in rows 25 and 26 and everryone in the party among adults agreed there was definitely more leg room than southwest not a hole heaping lot but enough to be a lil more comfortable! Either way I will fly either Southwest or Airtran if they are around! Love the flights and crews on both! No complaints here! Just wanted to post my positive experience with Airtran as it seems there are so many negative here! :thumbsup2

According to SeatGuru Airtran has a pitch of 31" and SW is 32-33".* I'm not sure if most people would notice the extra inch or two but the people in your party are all mistaken. I'm comparing apples to apples (737 to 737), the Airtran B717 has a pitch of 30"
It doesnt matter we will fly either airline no big deal for us! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter