Airtran changing schedules RIGHT NOW ..2ND TIME..CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS

They just changed my nonstop from midway to a layover in Atlanta for the beginning of Dec. Not cool with 3 kids under 6.:scared1:

are they any other nonstops available? if so, give them a call and asked to be changed

If not, you are entitled to a full refund if you can find nonstop flights on another carrier at a good price:goodvibes

My DW and I booked 11/28-12/06 on Wed 07/30 through Airtran. They had the cheapest flights of any airline and it was non-stop flights to Orlando from Portland, Me and back so we booked.:thumbsup2 I checked my flight on Airtran.com yesterday and the flight times changed but only by 10-20 mins so no biggie, and the size of the plane changed which caused my wife and I not to be seated next to each other. The seat between us was already booked. I changed our seats online so again no biggie. We didn't receive an e-mail norification, and after reading this thread I am a little paranoid now about my upcoming trip. :scared: I have always wanted to try Airtran as they are 1st to run non-stop flights out of Portland, me. They don't do it daily and used to do one flight on Saturdays, but now they only seem to run it during busy time or around holidays.

Well, I am crossing my fingers and will be checking my flight often to keep up on it. It's a shame that we need to do such things when we purchase one thing and we can't be sure that's what we'll end up getting. :sad2:

Disney prices, gas prices, etc won't impact my wanting to go to WDW, it's the Airlines that will. :mad:

This has nothing to do with changing times, but the flights in October from Philly to Orlando seem to have gone down to 59 each way.

I know I saw a few people flying out then, and maybe other cities might be offering the same fare, so wanted to let you know, so you can check and see if you have had a fare reduction, too.

I already am booked at $51.00 each way, so no savings for me, but in case some of you paid the $79.00 or more rate at time of booking, you can call up and get a credit if your fare did go down to the $59.00 rate:goodvibes

This has nothing to do with changing times, but the flights in October from Philly to Orlando seem to have gone down to 59 each way.

I know I saw a few people flying out then, and maybe other cities might be offering the same fare, so wanted to let you know, so you can check and see if you have had a fare reduction, too.

I already am booked at $51.00 each way, so no savings for me, but in case some of you paid the $79.00 or more rate at time of booking, you can call up and get a credit if your fare did go down to the $59.00 rate:goodvibes
I noticed fare reductions this morning, too. Between MKE and MCO. $108 down to $88. I called and got refunds for 7 tickets, a total of $139 after they took $15 fee for each to charge as a change fee. That wasn't making sense to be but okay. Then I checked the revised flights and realized the AirTran person wiped out our seat assignments so essentially most of the refund was giving me my own money back!
:mad:

I called back and got a different customer service person who had her supervisor approve putting our seat assignments (4 exit rows and 3 regulars for a total of $98) back without charge. Of course, first she tried to tell me that the previous agent 10 minutes earlier hadn't wiped out my seats for the December flight, they appear to have been gone long before during one of the schedule changes. I explained whe was incorrect because I check each flight of our 3 trips scheduled on Air Tran every single morning. The seats were THERE this morning before I called AirTran, I guarantee it. She didn't say a word, just put them back.

So, in the end, I'm happy, I got another $139 credit to add to the $54 credit from a couple weeks ago. My $193 total credit will pay for almost a round trip ticket to MCO in 2009.

p.s. I tried to get the agent to give me refunds without charging $15 per ticket for the changes but it didn't work. He said the system was changed since I got my $54 credit without a fee charge so that the computer put the charge in automatically. I was hoping to get $140 total when I called and that's about where I ended up in the end this morning so I'm still happy.

Thanks Trentmom. Just booked my return from MCO to PHL for Oct. I will keep checking for the outbound trip. I love these boards.:disrocks:

I leave for MCO on 8/27 from Pittsburgh, Pa at 3:59pm. Since I'm 17 days out am I safe? TIA!!

I noticed fare reductions this morning, too. Between MKE and MCO. $108 down to $88. I called and got refunds for 7 tickets, a total of $139 after they took $15 fee for each to charge as a change fee. That wasn't making sense to be but okay. Then I checked the revised flights and realized the AirTran person wiped out our seat assignments so essentially most of the refund was giving me my own money back!
:mad:

I called back and got a different customer service person who had her supervisor approve putting our seat assignments (4 exit rows and 3 regulars for a total of $98) back without charge. Of course, first she tried to tell me that the previous agent 10 minutes earlier hadn't wiped out my seats for the December flight, they appear to have been gone long before during one of the schedule changes. I explained whe was incorrect because I check each flight of our 3 trips scheduled on Air Tran every single morning. The seats were THERE this morning before I called AirTran, I guarantee it. She didn't say a word, just put them back.

So, in the end, I'm happy, I got another $139 credit to add to the $54 credit from a couple weeks ago. My $193 total credit will pay for almost a round trip ticket to MCO in 2009.

p.s. I tried to get the agent to give me refunds without charging $15 per ticket for the changes but it didn't work. He said the system was changed since I got my $54 credit without a fee charge so that the computer put the charge in automatically. I was hoping to get $140 total when I called and that's about where I ended up in the end this morning so I'm still happy.

Oh man, that stinks that they charged you $15 each for each credit and then lost your seats

I am so glad in the end you made out and got a nice credit:thumbsup2

Thanks Trentmom. Just booked my return from MCO to PHL for Oct. I will keep checking for the outbound trip. I love these boards.:disrocks:

You're welcome:goodvibes

I leave for MCO on 8/27 from Pittsburgh, Pa at 3:59pm. Since I'm 17 days out am I safe? TIA!!

Hate to tell you this, but they can make changes up to the the day you leave:sad2:

So, I would recommend checking everday just in case.:surfweb:

Also, go to airtran website and check and do not rely on what your itinerary says as they do not update them automatically to reflect any changes that were made.

Good luck:goodvibes

Hate to tell you this, but they can make changes up to the the day you leave:sad2:
Well let's be clear: Generally, they won't make changes after three weeks prior to your flight. (That's why that is the time that they notify of the changes that have occurred.) However, they may make changes on the day of the flight (i.e., not "up to the day"... indeed, the almost surely will not make changes to your flight two or three days prior).

So, I would recommend checking everday just in case.:surfweb:
I'd check three weeks prior, and then the evening before, once delays and cancellations from that day have been assessed and their impact applied to the next day's flights... and then of course, when you wake up on the day of your flight.

Our flight just got changed for the third time! We've been lucky though, as we got changed from a 1-stop flight to a direct flight that puts us at WDW four hours sooner. The latest change pushed our outbound flight back one hour. Overall, we've gained 5 more hours in WDW...not too bad!

Our flight just got changed for the third time! We've been lucky though, as we got changed from a 1-stop flight to a direct flight that puts us at WDW four hours sooner. The latest change pushed our outbound flight back one hour. Overall, we've gained 5 more hours in WDW...not too bad!

Not bad at all :thumbsup2

Well let's be clear: Generally, they won't make changes after three weeks prior to your flight. (That's why that is the time that they notify of the changes that have occurred.) However, they may make changes on the day of the flight (i.e., not "up to the day"... indeed, the almost surely will not make changes to your flight two or three days prior).

I'd check three weeks prior, and then the evening before, once delays and cancellations from that day have been assessed and their impact applied to the next day's flights... and then of course, when you wake up on the day of your flight.

that's what i thought until i checked 'just one more time' day before flight in July:rolleyes1 flight from LAX moved up almost a 1/2 hour less than 24 hours prior & it's not the 1st time AT has altered schedules up to the day prior out of PIT & MCO

perhaps it's just the markets, i think it's just their way of doing business:mad:

I just checked our AT flight for 9/22, the first time I've checked in a few weeks. And yep, it's been shifted again, it's getting earlier and earlier!

I just checked our AT flight for 9/22, the first time I've checked in a few weeks. And yep, it's been shifted again, it's getting earlier and earlier!

At least you get earlier! We not only lost our direct flight but we keep getting pushed back later and later!

Well, we cancelled our trip to WDW from 11/28-12-06. We were originally going with airtran via a direct flight. Flying from Maine during that time of year, a direct flight would be the best option.

After booking, I had started to read about Airtran and the junk they were pulling with their flight schedules so I started to check our itinerary 2-3 times a week. :surfweb:

Well, they changed the times once by about 20 mins, but it was still direct. No big deal, but they sent no e-mail. I continued to check our schedule and last week, Airtran changed one of our flights to a connecting flight. Again, no e-mail so the only way I found out was by checking the Airtran website. Oh, and the price for the flight went up too. :mad:

Needless to say I cancelled the flight and the entire trip. The ONLY reason I went with airtran was the prices were decent. All our money has been refunded by Airtran and WDW so no harm, no foul in the long run but I will NEVER book with Airtran again.

Well, we cancelled our trip to WDW from 11/28-12-06. We were originally going with airtran via a direct flight. Flying from Maine during that time of year, a direct flight would be the best option.

After booking, I had started to read about Airtran and the junk they were pulling with their flight schedules so I started to check our itinerary 2-3 times a week. :surfweb:

Well, they changed the times once by about 20 mins, but it was still direct. No big deal, but they sent no e-mail. I continued to check our schedule and last week, Airtran changed one of our flights to a connecting flight. Again, no e-mail so the only way I found out was by checking the Airtran website. Oh, and the price for the flight went up too. :mad:

Needless to say I cancelled the flight and the entire trip. The ONLY reason I went with airtran was the prices were decent. All our money has been refunded by Airtran and WDW so no harm, no foul in the long run but I will NEVER book with Airtran again.

Well, we have had our AA flights change twice since we booked in March...so it can happen with all of them.

Really the ONLY airline I have heard of that doesn't change times is SW.

Even JetBlue which "claims" it doesn't has threads on here with flight changes.

So "never" flying AirTran and moving to JetBlue, Delta, USAir etc... will just result in a longer list of "never" Unless you can fly SW you may have to drive LOL!

Really the ONLY airline I have heard of that doesn't change times is SW.

Even JetBlue which "claims" it doesn't has threads on here with flight changes.

So "never" flying AirTran and moving to JetBlue, Delta, USAir etc... will just result in a longer list of "never" Unless you can fly SW you may have to drive LOL!

I glad I can say "never flying Airtran and moving to SW!" Because I will NEVER fly Airtran again.

If the price for the flight went up, you should not have been affected if you were already booked on it:goodvibes

sorry about your trip:goodvibes

Like other posters said, only airline that does not change times on you is Southwest. I would have booked them for this trip, but I got such a deal, I could not pass it up.

I have had two changes so far. Airtran was very accommodating and worked with me getting me on a flight that worked for us.

Sorry you cancelled your trip:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter