AKL Activity Recommendations?

grumbleworts

Cooking with Character - A Disney food blog
Hello all!

We're staying at AKL in August. I've stayed there once before, but it was over 10 years ago. I've heard that there are lots of great activities at the resort and I was wondering if people have any recommendations?

Its all adults on this trip - my parents, DH's parents, and us.
smile.gif

TIA!
biggrin.gif

Many people love the restaurant tours, though I have never done one. I've heard good things about them.

I enjoyed the drum lessons, too.

Several of their fun activities are for kids, like cookie decorating, art rubbings, and face painting (though I also enjoyed getting my face painted).

I love just talking to the African guides. I have had some fascinating conversations with the guides. They are there to talk to you, and they can talk about their home countries and the animals who live there.

Just sitting on the balconies is so peaceful, especially at night or in the morning. I enjoyed sitting around the outdoor fire at night, also.

Eating at Sanaa and Boma is wonderful.

I love just talking to the African guides. I have had some fascinating conversations with the guides. They are there to talk to you, and they can talk about their home countries and the animals who live there.
Eating at Sanaa and Boma is wonderful.

I also loved talking to the Cast members at AKL. Loved hearing their stories on how they ended up in WDW, how long they are there for and especially about their homeland. Hopefully they still pass out cards if you ask for one. It's about the size of a baseball card with a map of where their country is located in Africa and short description. Also have to agree with your restaurant selection, especially Boma.

They will also put up a stand with night vision binoculars at the end of one of the paths, fun way to view the animals. And they had an area set up for making s'mores. And the lobby is like a mini museum on Africa.

This is isn't AKL, but if you head into AK I highly recommend the Caring for Giants (elephants) tour. You get an amazing spot for viewing all the elephants and great lectures by some of their animal and cultural experts. For the low-ish price, we were very happy.

As for AKL, there wasn't a CM we met that didn't have a fascinating story. Have a lovely trip!

Our fav activity is the Cultural Safari nightly located in the room just off the lobby by the front desk. A CM gives a talk (presentation) about his/her country often with slide show and artifacts. Always interesting and informative. We also enjoy the evening night vision viewing of the Savana. Restaurant tour.

Hello all!

We're staying at AKL in August. I've stayed there once before, but it was over 10 years ago. I've heard that there are lots of great activities at the resort and I was wondering if people have any recommendations?

Its all adults on this trip - my parents, DH's parents, and us.
smile.gif

TIA!
biggrin.gif

Restaurant tours!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter