AKL savannha or deluxe savannha

86cammie

Earning My Ears
What is the difference between the Savannha room and Deluxe Savannha room? Is the deluxe worth the extra expense?

When booking my stay I asked the gentleman I spoke to at CRO this same thing. He said the only difference between the regular Savanna room and a deluxe Savanna room is room size -- the regular room is 266 sq. feet and the deluxe room is 381 sq. feet. He said that it has nothing to do with the view (deluxe being a better view than a regular), which was my question.
I don't know if there are any other differences, but he told me he looked up the details of the rooms on his computer and this is what he found.
Hope this helps!

The regular room is more like 345 sq ft. The difference is small (36 sq ft) and basically you get a day bed or extra chair. Under most rate plans it is not worth the extra expense UNLESS you have a family of 5 -- if so this is the only reasonable way you can stay in one room at AKL.

Erikthewise,
You know, when he told me 266 sq. feet, I thought that sounded awfully small -- I even repeated it back to him, thinking maybe I didn't hear him correctly. 345 sounds more like it... thanks for the correction.:D

86cammie,
Thanks! Can't wait to go!:bounce:

Do deluxe savannah view rooms have bunkbeds... or should I say, can they have bunkbeds?

Yes. Deluxe rooms can have bunk beds. We had a room with a queen bed, bunk beds and a day bed.
Deluxe rooms are also only on the top floor.

daannzzz - The deluxe rooms are only on the top 2 floors. They are also mixed in with the concierge rooms (although you DON'T have to go concierge to go deluxe at AKL.)

86cammie - I'd only go deluxe if you are a family of 5 and need the extra daybed. I suppose if money were not a factor, the extra space is nice too! But for us personally, we couldn't justify the extra floor space for the price difference.:cool:

Yes - I agree with the other posters.. the deluxe rooms are only slightly larger than the regular savanna view.

There are upgraded ammenities such as a make up mirror in the vanity area - and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the majority of deluxe rooms are located on the 5th floor.

I also think there are robes in this room...

Have fun planning your trip

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter