AKV or BLT 2 bedroom

RoseMom

Mouseketeer
Which one would be best for a 4 night trip? This will probably be a very park intensive trip during the month of July. Yes, I know, it’s not my favorite time to go! Wanting that 3rd bathroom in the 2 bedroom villa so trying to decide between AKV Kidani or BLT. Normally I would go with AKV but wondering if BLT would be better for convenience and transportation for this trip. We will have a total of 9 people (5 adults and 4 kids).

I’m biased towards AKV because of the Savanna, but also the pools at Kidani and Jambo if you’ll be there in July.

That said BLT may not be my favorite theming but it’s a great location if you’re primarily doing MK and Epcot, and I confess I do love that Theme Park View. That said, it’s also a lot more points than AKV.

AKV has generally good buses to all 4 parks, and is pretty close to AK, DHS, and Epcot.

CR/BLT shares with WL for DHS and AK and uses the Monorail for Epcot, all of which can be annoying and time consuming.

I wouldn’t by default assume BLT will be more convenient than AKV. It really depends what parks you’re going to and what time of day.

100% go with BLT over AKV Kidani for your large group for the single reason of location close to monorail and parks and places to eat as Kidani village can be a LONG walk down hallways and all parks, especially if you don't have a car.

I like both. AKV theming and the savannas are outstanding. BLT, particularly with higher floor lake view provides outstanding long range views, including from inside the room because the living room has almost wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows. AKV has outstanding restaurants, and BLT has easy access to Contemporary's character meal restaurant, Chef Mickey's, and one of the best table service restaurants at WDW, California Grill.

In other words, you do not have a bad choice, but both currently have a downside. They are both way-overdo for a refurb, which now likely will not begin until latter part of 2024, or 2025. Rooms can be somewhat worn and none yet have the Murphy beds to replace the pull-out couches, but with your max of 9 in the room, having the three bathrooms is a necessity, and only BLT and Kidani have two bedrooms with three bathrooms.

Not fan of AKL (sorry to those who love it)-- its too far from everything (for us) and if you are aiming to be park intensive, there's no beating a 10min walk to MK whenever you want, or a quick monorail over to epcot. We also prefer the BLT rooms over the AKL rooms, which we find too dark. I guess it's personal preference--- BLT also has a sleeper chair.

If it were me, I'd do AKV because I love Kidani. However, I would recommend that you do BLT based on your group size and the fact that you're looking to maximize park time.

Can't beat the walk to MK, but we found the monorail to Epcot to take far longer than we thought it would. I would pick AKV every time if we were doing other parks besides MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter