Aladdin Oasis? Yeah or Nay

love2go2disney2

Love the Mouse
We are heading to Disneyland in June, and thinking about doing PTN package at Aladdin Oasis? We are a family of 2 adults and kids, ages 12,9 and 7. Any thoughts or reviews??

Thanks

It saves you from having to stake out a seat. For F! you got the same FP you could get from the machine, but PTN has no FP, which makes it a better deal. It's not a great fireworks view like the BB package, though. If everyone you eat the food, then go for it. But otherwise, probably not worth it.

I have heard it's worth it, if your kids like the menu choices. We showed the menu to our kids (13, 10 and 8) and they weren't thrilled with the options so we are skipping it in April and will stake out a spot for PTN and grab counter service elsewhere to eat while we wait. I can't see spending the money if the kiddos will leave half the food on their plates.

We decided to not because the food choices do not look great. I wish they did something like they used to do for WoC with the cold chicken/picnic to go option. We are planning on me staking out a spot with a small towel (there are just three of us) and dh and dd will do a ride or two and then get Plaza Inn chicken to go and join me for a 'picnic'.

I was debating about this as well. Decided against it and will do like Luv_Tink, grab something to eat while we wait. DD is considered an adult but does not eat like one, and there are so many things I want to try in the park - lasagna is not one of them. That being said, DD and I are going next week not in June so it might be a lot easier for us to get a spot closer to parade time w/o the package.

We just did it, it was worth it for the reserved area. The food was okay. I have an 11 year old and they did let me pay the kids rate for him and get the kids meal. The chicken was fine, it was just a small portion.

It saves you from having to stake out a seat. For F! you got the same FP you could get from the machine, but PTN has no FP, which makes it a better deal. It's not a great fireworks view like the BB package, though. If everyone you eat the food, then go for it. But otherwise, probably not worth it.

I was wondering about this. So the FP spot you get with the quick-service/Aladdin is different than the FP spot for the BB package?

I was wondering about this. So the FP spot you get with the quick-service/Aladdin is different than the FP spot for the BB package?

Correct! The BB viewing area is on Main Street and the Aladdin viewing area is near Small World.

We enjoyed our food with the Aladdin's Oasis package, but we don't have any kids to worry about. June might be more worth it than it was for us in Feb (on a weekend). Our cashier at AO told us that they "let you in" 30 minutes before the parade, which I knew was absolutely not true from reading the boards. We arrived slightly less than an hour before and there were some people already there. The reserved area is on the tiered section near IASW, but half of it (furthest from IASW) is not reserved. I would have had PLENTY of spots there that were the same as where I was in my reserved section. There is an area right along the road (not behind the railings) in the reserved section. This is in front of the steps right across from IASW but these spots were taken by the time we get there. These are definitely the best spots for the early/only parade. They might be a little less desirable during the second parade as the parade is turning a corner right before getting to you. We were along the railing after the curve during first parade, and part of our view was blocked for some of the lower things like Lightning because of people bunching out in the road at that corner to see the parade coming.

So can you stay after parade for the fireworks in the reserved section.. Sorry if this is a dumb question...been a while since on the boards. :)

Yes, you can absolutely stay after the parade for fireworks in reserved area, though it is no longer reserved. There was actually a guy that came around before the parade and told us the best idea was to stay instead of trying to squish into Main Street. Most of us wandered into the middle of the street though. And it is a bit more magical there than up in the tiers :cutie: If you don't want to fight the crowds in front of the castle, this is probably the next best place to be.

I am deciding whether to cancel or not - we have it booked for Saturday night and the food looks mediocre at best. I have read that by showing up about an hour prior to parade you can secure as decent of a spot as if you have this reserved seating, so we might just take our chances with that. If you have to show up almost this early after paying for your reserved spot, it makes is less of a value.

I am deciding whether to cancel or not - we have it booked for Saturday night and the food looks mediocre at best. I have read that by showing up about an hour prior to parade you can secure as decent of a spot as if you have this reserved seating, so we might just take our chances with that. If you have to show up almost this early after paying for your reserved spot, it makes is less of a value.

This was my thought. I didn't need a Main St. spot, so IASW area was fine for me and I considered the Aladdin's dining. We saw the second parade on a Saturday night in January and there was plenty of room. I got there about 50 minutes early to save our spot but was alone until about 30 minutes prior to the parade. Honestly, the area reserved for Aladdin's was pretty empty that night. I was just around the corner from there.

I would consider the Aladdin's package if I needed to see the first parade.

Last edited:
This was my thought. I didn't need a Main St. spot, so IASW area was fine for me and I considered the Aladdin's dining. We saw the second parade on a Saturday night in January and there was plenty of room. I got there about 50 minutes early to save our spot but was alone until about 30 minutes prior to the parade. Honestly, the area reserved for Aladdin's was pretty empty that night. I was just around the corner from there.

I would consider the Aladdin's package if I needed to see the first parade.

Thanks. We will be in the parks 5 nights, I initially booked it because normally they only do fireworks on weekends so our opportunity is limited - and I wanted to tie in the parade to the fireworks but that doesn't seem as optimal a link with the IASW area anyway. I think we might cancel just cause we are not that keen on the food anyway and it's of course over priced. I'd consider the BB one for sure but with my kids being well over the age limit for kids meals at Disneyland they did not find anything on the adult menu they wanted - so not going to throw money away.

On a side note about AO, even if there's nothing advertised as going on in there people should wonder in a check it out.
We did that one time only to find Aurora all alone and bored. Got a great pic with her!
It's also fun to see what the old Tahitian Terrace looked like and it's a great place to take a quiet brake.

We decided against this. It's a lot, not sure there is an under 3 option, and the food didn't look that great. Well see if that bites us in the bottom since we are going on a race weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter