Alaska cruises

whiteside61

Earning My Ears
Can anyone recommend a great Alaskan cruise? I would love to do the ABD, but it is too pricey for our family of six. Also, don't want to wait for DCL in 2011. Any suggestions? thanks!

Can anyone recommend a great Alaskan cruise? I would love to do the ABD, but it is too pricey for our family of six. Also, don't want to wait for DCL in 2011. Any suggestions? thanks!
I did a Princess cruisetour. The cruise part of it is the 7-night "Voyage of the Glaciers". I highly recommend this one, because it includes Glacier Bay & College Fjord. Watching the glacier calve from my cruiseship was one of the highlights of the cruise, and not to be missed! Most round-trip cruises don't go to Glacier Bay, just the one-ways. This one goes from Whittier to Vancouver (the direction I recommend for many reasons) but you can do it the other way, also.

If you're interested in the ground portion as well as the tour, I can answer questions about that, as well! I highly recommend a cruisetour, because some of my favorite parts were inland. But if all you want is the cruise, this is the one I'd choose. Princess does a really good job, it's one of the few allowed in Glacier Bay, and they have a naturalist on board with you to make things more interesting!

Sayhello

Thanks Sayhello! The Princess glacier tour looks fabulous. I would love to do the whole cruisetour, but the price starts to really climb for a large family. Will probably only consider the cruise part.

I've really enjoyed reading your latest Alaskan trip report! As always, you've done a terrific job with spectacular photos!

If you can afford it, do a land tour - first. If you have kids - do not do Holland!!!!
You can see a lot more by doing a land tour.

Thanks Sayhello! The Princess glacier tour looks fabulous. I would love to do the whole cruisetour, but the price starts to really climb for a large family. Will probably only consider the cruise part.

I've really enjoyed reading your latest Alaskan trip report! As always, you've done a terrific job with spectacular photos!
You're welcome, whiteside61! I was looking at Princess' site, and apparently, certain departures of the roundtrip Inside Passage cruise on the Golden Princess also take in Glacier Bay! That is fabulous! If one of those departures works for you, I'd definitely look into it, because then you can do round-trip airfare to Seattle, rather than open-jawed to/from Anchorage/Whittier and Vancouver, which would be cheaper. It looks like it's late May into early June.

http://www.princess.com/pb/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=5015&trade=A

Either cruise would be great, but I really encourage you to pick one that includes Glacier Bay.

Glad you enjoyed my trip report. In case you couldn't tell, I really love Alaska, and I've had 2 spectacular vacations there! You will love it!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter