Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm believe I'm far from 'Ameri-centric' whatever that is ...

Ameri-centric is the belief that the U.S. is the center of the universe; that we are always right; that our way of doing things is best; and anyone who does things differently must be wrong. So if it is "right" to prohibit beer and wine in the MK in the U.S., it must be "wrong" to allow beer and wine in the MK in France and Japan. By protesting so loudly about alcohol in the MK in Florida, you are inherently suggesting that it was wrong to allow it in the other parks. There really is no way to fashion a non-hypocritical argument in favor of wine at Disneyland Paris, and against it in Florida.

Sorry but the club 33 argument is wrong. Club "33" is a very exclusive members only restaurant and it is not open to the general public. i like a drink or two just like anybody else , but MK was dry for a reason.
Goes to show the almighty dollar wins over Walt's principles again

It is open to any member of the general public that a club member makes a reservation for. Yes, it is a member club, but the rest of you CAN get in.

Aside from Food & Wine, do you notice an abundance of "drunks" at the parks? I ask because alcohol is served there ALL THE TIME, not just during Food & Wine.

Yes, we do notice this ALL the time at Epcot, not just during F&WFest. And we actually witnessed the most drunk person that I have ever seen back in June as we were leaving Epcot through the International Gateway. He couldn't even stand up on his own and the friend that was with him had to actually hold him up and steer him on where to go. He tried to go through the wrong turnstiles at the exit and then started giving the CMs a difficult time and then finally found his way out. There was a security guard standing right there at the bag check but said or did nothing to help with the situation. My husband was absolutely irrate and said something to the security guard about this person being allowed to walk around the park this way. She said that there is a 2 drink limit at all Epcot restaurants and kiosks and that the CMs are not supposed to serve anyone that appears to be drunk. Well, this guy was waaaaaay beyond this point and should have been kicked out a long time ago. So evidently the drinking limits are not enforced and they just allow people to get drunk off their a$$ just as long as it keeps the $$$$$$$ rolling in!!!!!!!!! :crazy2:

Sorry but the club 33 argument is wrong. Club "33" is a very exclusive members only restaurant and it is not open to the general public. i like a drink or two just like anybody else , but MK was dry for a reason.
Goes to show the almighty dollar wins over Walt's principles again

Perhaps you haven't heard, but Disney is a business out to make the almighty dollar. And there is a very real possibility that if Walt were alive, he would have advocated this move. He may have evolved with the times.

It's very hard to say a man who has been DEAD 46 years would be against this.

Aside from Food & Wine, do you notice an abundance of "drunks" at the parks? I ask because alcohol is served there ALL THE TIME, not just during Food & Wine.

And the point that is REALLY being overlooked here is that alcohol is served in Epcot from opening until closing. You can get a shot of liquer in your morning coffee. You can walk around with a beer in your hand at all times. You can drink at lunch. You can drink at happy hour. You can drink at diiner and afterwards. And all the while, you can drink beer, wine and hard liquor. At the MK, we are talking about beer and wine only. We are talking about drinking only while seated at a table eating dinner. And we are talking about not allowing "to-go" cups. If you don't see the difference here, you really aren't trying.

I've never encountered a drunk while at Disney. In fact, all the rude people I've encountered have been perfectly sober. I don't have a problem with the new decision. Besides, the wine and beer will be so overpriced that who could afford to get drunk?

The same people who get drunk after drinking around the world at Epcot!!!!!

#1DopeyFan said:
It's whatever to me, don't really care either way...although the 30 something year old that about fell over my 7yo leaving Epcot the other evening because he could barely stand up was a bit annoying!!
The funny thing to me are the ones who get excited because they "need" it to get through the park, strange!!

Well said on both points!

The same people who get drunk after drinking around the world at Epcot!!!!!

And by definition, they cannot do this while seated for dinner. Getting drunk around the world at Epcot takes all day, and usually involves specialty drinks of hard liquor. Very different from wine with dinner.

I drink and have had alcohol at every other Disney park. I've even been known to overindulge and stumble out of Epcot after Party For the Senses. And I don't like it. Not one bit. Seems completely wrong. I don't have a valid argument as to why I feel this way and wish I could come up with something compelling to support my feelings. But I can't. And I still don't like it.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think keeping the Magic Kingdom dry really honors Walt Disney, anyway. The man wasn't exactly a teetotaler.

This.

I really can't get that worked up about this. I mean, if you want to look at Club 33, the whole reason it was built was so there was a place to entertain investors. And to do that, they had alcohol. So it's always been a business decision.

I think Walt is certainly an inspiration. But at the end of the day, he was a business man with a grand dream. I agree that it's silly to go around and say "It's not what Walt would have wanted!" Oh really, do you speak to the dead? :scratchin

JimmyV said:
And by definition, they cannot do this while seated for dinner. Getting drunk around the world at Epcot takes all day, and usually involves specialty drinks of hard liquor. Very different from wine with dinner.

Exactly! A glass or two of wine or beer is not going to be a problem.

On a side note, looks like the Mods are going to be busy on this thread.

Right but we are not talking about all the parks, of course Disney is in business
to make money. Walt even planned Epcot and he did not say that there would be no Alcohol. But MK really is designed for Kids of all ages, thats what makes MK so special. MK was always No alcohol and really should stay that way.

We go to Food and Wine every year. Yes I may have one glass of wine. However we go early and then park hop because the first few years we could not believe the amount drunk idiots, let alone the drunks driving strollers ignoring their crying children while they order "just one more" drink. The one time my parents went with us they left the showcase early because they were tired of being sloshed on by drumks. BOG serving wine and region specific beer IMO is ok, I just am not a fan of the silliness at Food And Wine.

My own experiences with the Food & Wine Festival are vastly different. I've been to the Festival five of the last six years (and will be attending this year, and next year) and have never noticed anyone who seemed drunk. Most adults can and do drink responsibly.

Actually, my post asked if "drunks" had been seen at all the parkS...not just EPCOT specifically, because alcohol is served at DHS as well as AK. I've never seen "drunks" there.

I have seen people who have over-indulged at EPCOT. I have been the person who over-indulged at EPCOT. I didn't do it to the point of not being able to stand, or to where I was obnoxious. I like to save that for Jellyrolls. Lmao

Is it written somewhere that MK was meant to be dry for all of eternity?

For those who are complaining, will it make you stop going to MK?

This.

I really can't get that worked up about this. I mean, if you want to look at Club 33, the whole reason it was built was so there was a place to entertain investors. And to do that, they had alcohol. So it's always been a business decision.

I think Walt is certainly an inspiration. But at the end of the day, he was a business man with a grand dream. I agree that it's silly to go around and say "It's not what Walt would have wanted!" Oh really, do you speak to the dead? :scratchin

Exactly. We have NO IDEA and will NEVER KNOW how Walt's ideas would have evolved over the years. This LIMITED wine and beer service is not going to turn the Magic Kingdom into Pinocchio's Pleasure Island. (and I've only seen bad drunks at Epcot's F/W once in about 5 years of going to the festival)
If we really want to be like Walt, should they hand out cigarettes upon park entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter