~~Alissa2008 PJ 10/30/08 SBP~~ Update 7/3 (Cake Update)

Which Newsletter Should I Use? (See page 16)

• Newsletter with Cinderella Mice

• Newsletter with Figment

• Newsletter with Disney Pics

Results are only viewable after voting.
You are in quite a quandry. I guess it depends how close to budget you want to stay. But, you will never have the opportunity to have those pics again. (the MK Bridal) But, doing the honeymoon one does give you an excuse to buy a new outfit! :)

good point! lol. Although -- I'm wondering if we go to MNSSHP if we can sneak in our wedding attire! that would be the best of both worlds...even though we won't be "alone" in the park, we could still get a couple good shots....

I just looked at those rings through the link. They are really unique and very beautiful! How can you chose just one?!? LOL

I just looked at those rings through the link. They are really unique and very beautiful! How can you chose just one?!? LOL

I know!! Aren't they incredible?!!!! :hyper: I would recommend them to EVERYONE!

ETA: So, after we got the pricing for our custom designed wood rings - and taking into consideration that they would wear infinitely faster, we decided to go with gold. (See page 1 for pics)

Here's the touchwood "mission statement." I really respect this couple. They are phenomenal.

David and I strive to live simply. Our work is a reflection of our values as much as it is a means of supporting ourselves. We believe in 'right livelihood'.

"Right Livelihood embodies the principle that each person should follow an honest occupation which fully respects other people and the natural world. It means being responsible for the consequences of our actions and taking only a fair share of the earth's resources. Right Livelihood is about sustaining a lifestyle that values simplicity and contentment, rather than acquiring material possessions."

We do our utmost to cause no harm to people or the environment. We certainly have no allusions that our wooden rings will change the world, but each wood ring we make means perhaps, that a little less gold or another diamond is not mined.

Much of the wood we use is from blow down and bug killed trees on our 50 acres. We take the stewardship of our land very seriously. We've collected our birch bark from the ground around stands of birch trees in the bush. Our juniper heart wood, cherry & olive wood come to us from the yards of family in the Similkameen Valley of British Columbia. Some of the other woods that do not come from our land are surplus and scrap woods from wood shops and veneer factories where it would otherwise be trash. Additionally, we use a such a tiny bit of wood to create a ring that we couldn't use up a tree in a lifetime of making wooden rings. We are always striving to lighten the load on our planet.

Word of mouth and the Internet are our only means of telling the world about what we do. It's cost effective and earth friendly. This technology allows us to use our solar power and our time to communicate with you as an alternative to printing catalogues or travelling to participate in exhibits.

We look forward to putting our work in your hands, our rings on your fingers, and we thank you for coming by.

Okay, this is really spooky (no pun intended).

I actually took that very pinkcakebox cake and showed it to Mike's Amazing Cakes as an example of what we wanted.

I looked at that dress (which is gorgeous, by the way).

We also looked at those very Nightmare Before Christmas goblets (we also looked at wedding rings too).

We also looked at those very same wood rings, but Rob's work would have destroyed them.

We even considered wearing our wedding clothing to MNSSHP! We thought about getting married on Halloween (I keep getting asked why not, but it was just because we already had this Disney trip booked).

Wow. I laughed through your entire planning journal. What are the odds? :rotfl: I guess that means I love all your choices! :rotfl:

Okay, this is really spooky (no pun intended).

I actually took that very pinkcakebox cake and showed it to Mike's Amazing Cakes as an example of what we wanted.

I looked at that dress (which is gorgeous, by the way).

We also looked at those very Nightmare Before Christmas goblets (we also looked at wedding rings too).

We also looked at those very same wood rings, but Rob's work would have destroyed them.

We even considered wearing our wedding clothing to MNSSHP! We thought about getting married on Halloween (I keep getting asked why not, but it was just because we already had this Disney trip booked).

Wow. I laughed through your entire planning journal. What are the odds? :rotfl: I guess that means I love all your choices! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Just means you have great taste!! :love:

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Just had the "can't have your MK photo session" at the end of October/November talk with my planner.

I guess somehow in my own little world I thought it would be okay. :confused3 Well, its not okay! :furious:

I asked if they could do the shoot at night (I could forgo the daytime pics) and she said no. I asked if there was ANY time during the NINE days we'd be there (I'd even take BEFORE the ceremony at this point), she said no.

Ever since we decided to have a DFTW, all I could imagine were some great shots in front of the castle, all purpley and green.... *insert expletive here*

We can reschedule for any time during the year... which I guess is better than nothing, but means lugging my gown and DFs suit, then I'll have to have it steamed again - and have to get my hair done again... this is totally bunk.

I want my mommy. :sad2: :sad: :sad:

okay I'm not even all the way through your PJ yet..but I had to comment!

I LOVE your dress. Simple yet totally unique. And you don't look like you need to lose any weight!!

Oh, and I think it's awesome you wanted amethysts in your e-ring! I'm not really a big diamond girl, and the DF definitely didn't have a big diamond budget! I told him I'd like a sapphire (my birthstone, and it's beautiful!) for the center stone. It's perfectly me..yet several people have asked me if the ring "means something." Apparently if it's not a diamond..it's just a plain ole ring. :confused3

I love your dress, Alissa and those rings are just so unique and beautiful.

You have such neat taste. I can't wait to see more!

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Just had the "can't have your MK photo session" at the end of October/November talk with my planner.

I guess somehow in my own little world I thought it would be okay. :confused3 Well, its not okay! :furious:

I asked if they could do the shoot at night (I could forgo the daytime pics) and she said no. I asked if there was ANY time during the NINE days we'd be there (I'd even take BEFORE the ceremony at this point), she said no.

Ever since we decided to have a DFTW, all I could imagine were some great shots in front of the castle, all purpley and green.... *insert expletive here*

We can reschedule for any time during the year... which I guess is better than nothing, but means lugging my gown and DFs suit, then I'll have to have it steamed again - and have to get my hair done again... this is totally bunk.

I want my mommy. :sad2: :sad: :sad:

Awwww! That's terrible. I would be furious too! :headache: Couldn't they kick Hanna Montana or whomever they're doing out for just a few minutes? I'm sorry to hear they're doing this :(

I suppose on the bright side, this does force you to take another Disney Vacation in the next year. Good thing for the annual passes!

okay I'm not even all the way through your PJ yet..but I had to comment!

I LOVE your dress. Simple yet totally unique. And you don't look like you need to lose any weight!!

Oh, and I think it's awesome you wanted amethysts in your e-ring! I'm not really a big diamond girl, and the DF definitely didn't have a big diamond budget! I told him I'd like a sapphire (my birthstone, and it's beautiful!) for the center stone. It's perfectly me..yet several people have asked me if the ring "means something." Apparently if it's not a diamond..it's just a plain ole ring. :confused3

Thanks!! I totally think you should go for it! I love the unique idea of having color in your engagement ring (and obviously, wedding dress). And sapphires are my second favorite! Forget what everyone else thinks!! it's YOUR ring and it means something to YOU! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter