• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

all star music or Carribean beach????

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
Hi all, ok have reservations at All star--but am thinking of switching to CB since opening up now. We dont' go till end of Jan though. What would people do. We are planning on NOT spending much time at resort, since our 1st time going. Kids age 8, 10, 11. Although not plannig on spending much time at resort, parks close earlier, so what is everyones opinions. Pros/Cons to each!!! Thanks. PS: I thought there was a person who had their own web-site strictly with CB on it. Can someone help me with that also.

Personally I would go with CB. The rooms will be bigger, the entertainment after hours will be greater also. Overall I think for your first trip you might be happier there. JMHO

We have stayed at several resorts, From the expensive to the moderates. However, whenever we go back, we will ALWAYS now choose the all stars (at least with the kids). WHY?

1) Cost cant be beat. As you pointed out, you spend very little awake time in the room
2) Food courts. Although I HATE food courts, with kids its always a good option
3) Transporation. You dont have to share busses with other resorts. The all stars have their own, which means less stops, and not having to wait as the bus is "too crowded" from the other resorts
4) Cool theming. The kids love it. And you can walk to all 3 to check out the decor if you want.

I guess I wanted to hear it from someone else that choosing all stars is not a bad thing. I think I already had mind made up and that is reason for having Res. already at Music.

I have heard good things about transportation, and people mentioned food being better at all stars than at some other resorts. Kids can live without pool slide, don't know how much swimming end of Jan/feb they will get done anyway. I feel better about all stars now. CB looks BEAUTIFUL but we really wouldn't take full advantage of all the ammenities it has to offer. Guess I'll stay with Music. oh-well you could put me in a cardboard box and I'd be happy, anyway you look at it--I'm going to Disney World!! Thanks bunches and have magical day :Pinkbounc

Here's another vote for CBR. I personally haven't stayed at any of the All-Star Resorts (but I'd have no problem staying at any of them), but I did stay at CBR a few years ago. If you can afford the slightly higher price, it would be worth it. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever resort you choose, but staying at one as lush as the CBR plus it doesn't break the bank (especially with all the codes and discounts currently out there) is always a big plus on a trip to WDW. Whatever you decide - GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!!

I really liked the All Star Music and would choose it over the Sports or Movies. It was fun, comfortable, colorfull, my room was quiet and the food court was good. That being said, with 3 kids I aould choose the CBR as the room is that much larger to make a difference. The Main pool is fun and it has the beaches, boating and a good food court as well. Well it was a good food court. We will have to see how the new one is.

CBR for the reasons mentioned above, and you can see the Illuminations fireworks from the beach there.

I just wanted to clarify that CBR does not share their busses with other resorts.

Have Fun whatever you choose!!

LvsTnk - great point about the fireworks, I nearly forgot! Each night we would go to Port Royale and either sit on the ledge and watch the fireworks across the lake or go to one of the beaches and lay on a beach chair (or hammock) and watch them. Truly a great way to end a day!

Just got back yesterday from our first stay at the All Star Sports and we were very happy with our choice. Rooms were very clean. Pools were nice. I stayed at CBR in April and I did not really like it that much. I'd pick the All Stars over CBR. Our kids loved it too. The food court was great & bus service was excellent. We have also stayed at deluxe resorts and if we are lucky enough to go again I'll pick the All Stars for the price. We aren't in our room that much so I don't really think the extra money for the deluxe rooms is worth it.

We have stayed at the All Stars 11 times and CBR 3 times. You can't go wrong with either. I would say that if you are not planning on spending a lot of time in the parks and not much in the hotel, I would go with the All Stars and save a few $$$. The All Stars are great! Our kids love the pools at the All Stars. They are large and have fun themes to them (especially the Music - 3 Cabeleros in one and Little Mermaid in the other). Also, the food court is very condusive to quick meals on the way out to the parks, yet offers enough choices and seating that you don't feel rushed. The biggest advantage to CBR is the size of the room, but I take it, with 3 kids you will be getting 2 rooms so it would not really be an issue. I say, save a few bucks and enjoy a great meal at Epcot (maybe Rose and Crown for Illuminations) or at MGM for the Fantasmic dinner package.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

Gosh I love this--how do people go to disney world without all the wonderful knowledge of the dis-folks. Guess we will stay with ASMusic as it will save us some money and is basically a place to sleep/shower. We have 9 of us total going and 3 rooms reserved--sorry didn't make myself clear--3 kids total in group. I am keeping fingers crossed for discount codes--we have no AP's Right now we are paying $78.00 this is including tax. (for preferred). Thanks again everyone---Some day my dream stay will entail the Poly-but guess that is after I find the money tree :p

I was at the AS MU a few weeks ago and I was amazed at how small the room was. If you can afford to go to the CBR I would go there. The room is bigger and with three children you will need the extra space. The storage area at CBR is much better than at AS. I may be spoiled but I just can imagine how people seem to love the All Stars as much they do on these boards. The new food court will be nice to see. The grounds are landscaped so nicely it is pleasant just to walk over to the pool. I vote for the CBR.

One tip if you do decide to stay with the All Stars...ask for a room on the third floor. We stayed at ASSports in June and while there are many great things about the All Stars ( pools, theming etc), we were on the second floor and got noise from both above and below. Especially when the toilets flushed!!!

Has anyone else experienced this? We were awoken by the toilets at times, they were so loud:)

Since we spend most of our times at the parks or the pool the size of the rooms at the AS don't matter too much. Music is my favorite of the three. I would recomend Jazz inn, it is between both pools and close to symphony hall without having to pay a prefered price. As for discounts check back here often and also www.mousesavers.com to find codes. Have a great trip!

One thing that really impressed us with ASMu was the quietness of the room, even though it faced the main pool.
When we found the room (#501) and saw we were directly off the main pool we both looked at each other and thought :rolleyes: .
The front of the room was extremely sound proofed! The pool had music blaring and kid's playing. Once the door was closed -- silence.
It was more our most noisest room stay at WDW, but that isn't saying much. All the others were very quiet and we were there over Columbus Day weekend, when the resort was very busy.
We are staying again at ASMu in January. We aren't paying the extra $10 a night this time for Calypso. We walked quite a bit of ASMu and it really was not as far back as it looks on a map. And even if we are *stuck* in the back part, it would be more quieter and there is a nice quiet pool there too. Although none of the grounds were dirty, the further back we walked, it seemed more cleaner and fresher.

My vote is for All Stars, too. We absolutely love Music, and I agree with the person who said the Jazz building is the best. We stayed in Calypso last year (before it became "preferred"). I will not pay an extra $10/night for this building, and when we checked in, we were given Jazz. I had wanted Broadway, but Jazz turned out to be the best stay. We have now stayed on all 3 floors in All Stars and have never had a problem with noise. I was worried about noise because we were right near the ice/vending machines ... not one sound! From the sounds of how many people are going, etc, I vote for All Stars and agree with the opinion about the extra-special meal at Epcot with your savings!!! And we have also stayed at moderates, and I would disagree with the room size being that different. Actually, because the mods have some stupid bench thingy between the armoire and the bathroom area, we actually had less useable floor space at the mods. And believe me, with 2 very small children, strollers, crib, coolers, etc, I would have noticed if our mod had been sooo much bigger ... it isn't. Sounds like a great trip ... have a wonderful time.

CBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New food court area
BIGGER ROOMS!
A nice way to enjoy your 1st trip - I have done many and CBR is one of my favorites for sure!

I stayed at CBR in 1994 and I have more recently stayed as ASMu and ASSp. The room size didn't really seem to make that much difference. CBR is pretty big so you might have a longer walk to the pool and food court, but there are several bus stops. We liked the pool area at CBR and the kids took boats out on the water once. In January those things probably won't matter much to you.

We had a nice quiet first-floor room with a great view of the trees at ASSp. I found that even though the parks closed earlier, by the time we got back to our room, settled down and watched a little TV, we still didn't get to sleep earlier than 10 or 11, so you still don't have much time to spend at your resort. We used the pool once and ate at the food court once (3-day trip). I sounds like opinions are pretty evenly divided but I think with the number of people you have that the All-Stars will work out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter