All Star Music Question about poolside movies/games?

Nicole276

Mouseketeer
I just read a couple places that they did poolside movies and some sort of games or something for the kids during the day. Do they still do this?

Are they the only Value that does?

Is it every day, or only on certain days/times?

Just trying to decide between the values, and i think that is something my kids would like and even me too..... :]

Thanks
Nicole

Yes, they still do games and activities at All Star Music. Our children only want to stay at ASMu due to the games! They are everyday and there is a sign posted near the pool that states what they will be doing hour by hour. For example they might have a water balloon toss contest at 3:00 and then hula hoop at 3:15 and music trivia at 3:30. If it rains, they will move activities inside in the back of the food court seating area. From what I can remember, movies are most every night. They also do Wii bowling tournaments on the big movie screen too. I have "heard" from other disers that they have activities at the other values, but I haven't actually seen them...and we walk though all of the All Stars each evening to pin trade and I didn't notice anything going on. Also, the same guy, Nathan, has been doing the games for a few years now. He is really fun and patient with the children. Also, the activities are for the families..not just kids. You would like them!

Recently they added this to all the All Star resorts. So ASSports and ASMovies now also have the movies and games poolside. FYI

My DD8 loves the poolside activities. They even have them at some of the Deluxe resorts now. We stayed at OKW and my daughter was playing Ring Toss and Hannah Trivia. We watched Enchanted at CR one night but we were actually there for dinner and had great timing. There were only two other guests there! At SSR, they were making ice cream with the kids during our stay. There was a slight charge on the ice cream ingredients.

They are coming to all resorts, should be all done by the end of September

Yes,finally All-Star Sports and All-Star Movies are not "second class citizens;)" to All-Star Music and have their own Activities Program.:)

Pop Century will soon also have a Program(if not already).

Here is the schedule from my trip in May to All-Star Sports to give you an idea of what the Program is like.The Programs for All-Star Music and All-Star Movies are similar.:)

100.jpg

So happy to learn about this, it's one of the reasons that we love ASMu. We are staying at Pop the first week in Sept, crossing my fingers that they have this up and running.

So happy to learn about this, it's one of the reasons that we love ASMu. We are staying at Pop the first week in Sept, crossing my fingers that they have this up and running.
I hope so too.:)

The Hippy Dippy Pool deck will be an awesome spot for the Program.

The Program there will certainly be "Groovy".:)

Thanks everyone. Now, one poster said they were adding this to all resorts. I would like to stay at Pop, but this stuff at ASMU made me consider them because of the activities. Decisions.....decisions....

Yes,finally All-Star Sports and All-Star Movies are not "second class citizens;)" to All-Star Music and have their own Activities Program.:)

Pop Century will soon also have a Program(if not already).

Here is the schedule from my trip in May to All-Star Sports to give you an idea of what the Program is like.The Programs for All-Star Music and All-Star Movies are similar.:)

100.jpg

Thanks for the picture!

Thanks for the info!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 I've had our All Star Movies Resort popcorn:: Booked since Feb 2011 (we're staying Dec 11-17 2011:santa:) and with the DAYS of research :surfweb: I haven't ever heard of this!!!! Thanks again!!

We stayed at AsMu in May. We had a great time with their "program". We are planning a return trip this November but really wanted to stay at a diff resort for variety. BUT, I'd really like to have the option of the poolside games again. Can anyone, who's returned recently from a diff AllStar resort, confirm the addition of "children's activities"?? Thanks :thumbsup2

I was there a couple weeks ago, they had movies and activities at all of the All Star resorts. If you look, I think they even combine the schedule for all of the seperate resorts on one brochure, but I can't remember for certain.

I also heard the Cast Member at the pool tell people who had walked over from another All Star (they apparently liked ASMu's movie selection better) that they could participate at the events at ASMu's activities since, while they are seperate resorts, they are treated as one larger resort area... She said that you could do each resorts activites, use each food court, and each resort's store regardless of what your home resort was.

Thanks for the info! I'm really glad to hear that! Do you happen to know if POP has activities yet??
I still can't decide if I want to stay in an AS resort or at POP. Any suggestions?? Who has a favorite and why!?!?? popcorn::

Thanks for pointing this out. And for the photos.

DS has done the activities at SSR and loved them.

I hope these programs aren't seasonal and will be available for our trip in March (we will be doing a split stay between SSR and ASSports).

Thanks for pointing this out. And for the photos.

DS has done the activities at SSR and loved them.

I hope these programs aren't seasonal and will be available for our trip in March (we will be doing a split stay between SSR and ASSports).
No worries about March.:)

The programs are year-round.:)

Thanks for the info! I'm really glad to hear that! Do you happen to know if POP has activities yet??
I still can't decide if I want to stay in an AS resort or at POP. Any suggestions?? Who has a favorite and why!?!?? popcorn::
Yes,POP's Program is up and running.:)

I love both the All-Stars and POP and stay at both,but lean slightly toward POP.:)

I think you would LOVE POP!

Here are some reasons I LOVE it:

ALL rooms at POP have been refurbished(completed last December)with all new EVERYTHING!(LOVED the new Flat Screens!):)

There are "Shadow Boxes" on the wall in the Lobby with memorabilia from the 5 Decades represented at POP.Checking them out is called "Walkin' the Wall".

The arcade at POP is one of the 2 best at WDW along with the Contemporary Resort.There is a GREAT "Deal or No Deal" game there.

You can see AND hear some of IllumiNations(high fireworks) from parts of POP and you can see part of Wishes(high fireworks) also.

The Food Court is one of the best,if not the best,on property as well-try the Mom's Night Out "TV Dinners".
029.jpg

POP has a Lake.:)Be sure to walk along Hourglass Lake and out onto Generation Gap Bridge.

The music on the POP buses is awesome-a lot of 60s and 70s,etc. stuff(including TV theme songs and commercials).:)

At 8:00 AM everyday Cast Members and Guests do The Twist in the Food Court and at 6:00 PM they do The Hustle.:)If a Guest does The Twist or The Hustle,they get a cool button.:)

087-1.jpg

164-1.jpg

There is also a little thing called TIE-DYED CHEESECAKE at POP!:)

065-1.jpg

I hope you have a POPPIN' good time if you choose POP!:)

Yes,POP's Program is up and running.:)

I love both the All-Stars and POP and stay at both,but lean slightly toward POP.:)

I think you would LOVE POP!

Here are some reasons I LOVE it:

ALL rooms at POP have been refurbished(completed last December)with all new EVERYTHING!(LOVED the new Flat Screens!):)

There are "Shadow Boxes" on the wall in the Lobby with memorabilia from the 5 Decades represented at POP.Checking them out is called "Walkin' the Wall".

The arcade at POP is one of the 2 best at WDW along with the Contemporary Resort.There is a GREAT "Deal or No Deal" game there.

You can see AND hear some of IllumiNations(high fireworks) from parts of POP and you can see part of Wishes(high fireworks) also.

The Food Court is one of the best,if not the best,on property as well-try the Mom's Night Out "TV Dinners".
029.jpg

POP has a Lake.:)Be sure to walk along Hourglass Lake and out onto Generation Gap Bridge.

The music on the POP buses is awesome-a lot of 60s and 70s,etc. stuff(including TV theme songs and commercials).:)

At 8:00 AM everyday Cast Members and Guests do The Twist in the Food Court and at 6:00 PM they do The Hustle.:)If a Guest does The Twist or The Hustle,they get a cool button.:)

087-1.jpg

164-1.jpg

There is also a little thing called TIE-DYED CHEESECAKE at POP!:)

065-1.jpg

I hope you have a POPPIN' good time if you choose POP!:)

You listed a lot of great reasons which have me reconsidering Pop for our next trip :thumbsup2. We stayed in a family suite at AS Music and really liked it and had a good experience with the All Star resort complex (including the bus transportation ;)); but we would like to dry a different resort for our next trip and are considering both Pop and AS Sports. Pop seems really fun and since we ate a lot of our meals in the food court, I would really like to stay somewhere that has a good food court. Pop's food court gets a lot of great reviews, but I also hear that it gets really congested and busy. I guess we would just have to deal with that aspect of it. Plus we may be going during the holidays and they do a nice job of decorating Pop based on photos I've seen online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter