Alpine Magic July 26

Gibson4

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 (girls 6 and 9) are headed on the Alpine Magic tour July 26. It's our first ABD trip and we'd love to hear from anybody going or who has been.

I just returned from the Alpine Magic tour and I had the time of my life. There was so much to do for people of all ages. There were surprises everyday and we were never bored. I was worried about the length of some of the bus rides but they all felt so short. My guides were Marco and Jason and I could not have asked for anyone better.

I just returned from the Alpine Magic tour and I had the time of my life. There was so much to do for people of all ages. There were surprises everyday and we were never bored. I was worried about the length of some of the bus rides but they all felt so short. My guides were Marco and Jason and I could not have asked for anyone better.

Oh please do a trip report with pictures b/c I really want to consider this as a trip next year!!:thumbsup2

We just returned last night from Alpine Magic and it was truly amazing. It was our first ABD experience and certainly won't be our last. Jason and Marco were fantastic, couldn't have asked for better guides.

We just returned last night from Alpine Magic and it was truly amazing. It was our first ABD experience and certainly won't be our last. Jason and Marco were fantastic, couldn't have asked for better guides.

We are booked on the Alpine Magic trip this August. We head out on the 16th. Cannot wait!!! Glad to finally see some postings here regarding this trip. Just received our backpacks and info earlier in the week. Sounds like everyone has had a great time. We are traveling with my parents. My mom thought the itinerary sounded a bit juvenile, so it is good to hear that you enjoyed it. It is our first trip with ABD as well. Do you happen to know if it makes any sense for me to bring my netbook? Is there any type of internet service at any of the hotels we stay at? I am hoping to stay in touch with my inlaws who will be home taking care of all our animals!!! Any tips you could give would be greatly appreciated. We have no idea what to expect!! :yay:

It's not too juvenile. There are a few activities that are "young at heart". I'm in my late 50's and loved them all. There is always something else to do if you don't want to partake.

We took our netbook and could use it only a few times. In Stesa we bought an internet card from the front desk for 5 Euro for 30 minutes. It wasn't much time but worth it to keep in touch. The 30 min. can be spread out during your stay there. In Zermatt, the hotel was having issues with connectivity so we were able to only connect a few times. Hopefully it's fixed by now. We bought the internet card again in Lucerne. It was 5 CHF for 24 hours service, it ended each day at midnight.

The hotels are wonderful, the food is fantastic, very few disappointments, the scenery is absolutely amazing and you will LOVE Jason and Marco. I can't say enough about those two. Just the best.

Hope this helps.

Marco did Viva Italia last year. There was a family on our trip that had him last year on Viva Italia. His knowledge of the area was tremendous.

Neat! On our Viva trip he was outshined a bit by Heidi, who spent a lot of time playing with the girls in the group (my DD8 and DD10, then, included), but we loved Marco too.

I wish they would advertise which guides were on which trips - we liked ours so much, it would definitely be a draw. But that would probably make their staffing too complicated.

Marco talked about this tour on our Viva Italia last month. He said it was a wonderful trip and he was so excited about it. He is from Northern Italy and was pleased he was going to be able to share that part of Italy with everyone. I think he is a guide on all these adventures and you will love him. It looks like a wonderful tour with amazing scenery.

What is the weather like on this trip?
(yes I have a weather obsession):)

We had fantastic weather the whole trip. Shorts and Tshirt kind of weather. Except for one rainy afternoon and it wasn't cold, just rainy.

Carol, Great to hear about your trip. We are starting to plan this trip for next year. How far in advance did you book yours or can you recommend how far in advance we should book?

joyandsyd

I have no experience with Alpine Magic -but with ADBs as a rule you should book as soon as the new dates come out if possible.
There are a limited amount of early booking discounts available for each trip.
The new trips come out around the first week in August on the internet

Thanks. We're going to try to book early, but I had no idea when the new schedules come out. Huge help.

We booked our trip the first week of Aug. last year. Right after the new tour dates were published. We actually booked the very first trip date offered for Alpine Magic. It was a new tour and I new we'd be taking a chance. Our first choice was cancelled (we got the call in Jan.) and we had to re-book for a month later. So glad we did!

I was on the Alpine Magic trip with Carol and I booked much later. About 3 or 4 months before the trip. I hear that they fill up fast sometimes tho so I would book earlier next time.

This is such a great site. Thanks to everyone who has interjected. If any of you have tips or more FYI on the Alpine trip please share. We are definitely going to book our trip as soon as the new dates come out. Do any of you know what the size restriction for the zip-line is? Our daughter really wants to do it (very adventurous), but it says there is a size restriction. She will be 7 when we go on the trip. She's nearly 60 pounds now. Thanks in advance!!!

I honestly don't remember what the limit was, whether age or size. It's not just zip lining, it's a cable obstacle course as well. It was quite challenging. However there is a childrens area that the younger kids on our tour seemed to really enjoy, one was a 7 year old girl. If your daughter is adventurous, she'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter