Alpine Magic July 26

We are on Day 7 of Alpine Magic and I have to say this trip is stunning. Stunning beauty every moment of this trip. Marco and Jason have been incredible guides. You can check out our progress at payitbackwards.typepad.com Too many highlights to mention but I will document a full report when we are back home.

Gibson4...thanks for the blog, and all the pictures! It looks absolutely fabulous. The you-tube video was crazy. Please tell us which group you used so we can try to book with them when we get to Zermatt. What incredible memories you'll have...with excellent documentation.

What a wonderful blog you have of this trip. I spent a lot of time in Switzerland and the Interlachen area when I was backpacking Europe many moons ago and your pictures brought back some wonderful memories.

I look forward to reading about the Fussen part of trip, my husband and I spent some time there a couple of years ago and had a great time there also.

Your blog has gotten me thinking maybe we should so this trip next year instead of our planned DCL trip.

Thank you for sharing.

We are on Day 7 of Alpine Magic and I have to say this trip is stunning. Stunning beauty every moment of this trip. Marco and Jason have been incredible guides. You can check out our progress at payitbackwards.typepad.com Too many highlights to mention but I will document a full report when we are back home.

THis is one of the trips I was tossing around for next year and after seeing the pictures I decided this is the trip I am taking. The pictures are awesome!!!

Thanks for the great blog. One quick question: Did you do the paragliding on your own or was it part of the Disney offering. If you did it on your own, was there ample time to do it or did you have to skip something. I assume you did it in Zermatt. Thanks.

Thanks for the great blog. One quick question: Did you do the paragliding on your own or was it part of the Disney offering. If you did it on your own, was there ample time to do it or did you have to skip something. I assume you did it in Zermatt. Thanks.

The paragliding is done in Zermatt. It is not part of the abd trip, but your guides can set it up for you. When we were there in August Jason (our guide) had the owner of the paragliding company meet with us at our hotel. We planned to paraglide the next afternoon, but the winds were not right for it and we weren't able to go. Another family from our group planned on going one evening, but had the same problem. According to the owner, the best time to paraglide is first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, we had other plans with our abd group in the mornings.

I am considering doing the Alpine Trip. I looked up the paragliding and I also saw that they offer helicopter tours. Is there enough time in between group activities to do both?

I am considering doing the Alpine Trip. I looked up the paragliding and I also saw that they offer helicopter tours. Is there enough time in between group activities to do both?

The paragliding is hit or miss depending on wind conditions. We were on standby for two days and never got to go. The day we did the zipline, we had 5 or 6 hours before dinner to do our own thing. We had enough time to take the cablecars to Glacier Paradise (the ride itself is about an hour each way), we had lunch at the top of the glacier, then my husband and daughter went back to the zipline and finished the red and black courses. They barely made it back for dinner. :) I guess the wind conditions are better for paragliding in the mornings. The currents start to pick up in about the time ziplining is finished. Check with your guides as soon as you get to Zermatt and see if they can set something up with one of the ziplining companies. That way you will be on standby if the weather works out.

I don't know anything about the helicopter tours. We didn't see anything like that when we were there.

Have a wonderful time. I am so jealous!!! It was definately the trip of a lifetime, and I would give anything to go back!!! Zermatt was our favorite of the three cities. It is beautiful!

The paragliding is hit or miss depending on wind conditions. We were on standby for two days and never got to go. The day we did the zipline, we had 5 or 6 hours before dinner to do our own thing. We had enough time to take the cablecars to Glacier Paradise (the ride itself is about an hour each way), we had lunch at the top of the glacier, then my husband and daughter went back to the zipline and finished the red and black courses. They barely made it back for dinner. :) I guess the wind conditions are better for paragliding in the mornings. The currents start to pick up in about the time ziplining is finished. Check with your guides as soon as you get to Zermatt and see if they can set something up with one of the ziplining companies. That way you will be on standby if the weather works out.

I don't know anything about the helicopter tours. We didn't see anything like that when we were there.

Have a wonderful time. I am so jealous!!! It was definately the trip of a lifetime, and I would give anything to go back!!! Zermatt was our favorite of the three cities. It is beautiful!

If you google Zermatt you can get to a website that has various activities paragliding and helicopter tours are on that site, I think it is myswitzerland.com. I was actually thinking about doing both myself. The helicopter tour is approx 20 minutes .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter