• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Altered Paperclip swap- COMPLETE

catinthehat35

DIS Veteran
Hello dis swappers! I have decided after participating in lots of swaps on this board over the last few years it's time for me to give hostessing a swap a try. I am really excited to be hostessing for the first time. :cool1: I hope you all will give me a chance and join this fun and easy swap.

This is an interest thread for our upcoming Altered Paper Clips Swap! I will open sign up on Tuesday July 10th at 10am EST. Sign ups will close on Friday July 13th.

Here is the thread from a previous swaps:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470992
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2700343

we will be doing Disney groups and everyday groups...if anyone has any additional ideas to add to each group please let me know!!

This thread will become the official sign up thread on July 10th...with the mail date of August 27th to me, I can extend the mail date if needed (I know the Summer can be a little hectic)....will then swap everything out and get it mailed back to you by August 31st. Since this is my first time hostessing, I am giving myself a few extra days to sort, swap and send your items back. I am not expecting to need it but just in case.

Altered Paper Clips Info and Guidelines

You will alter TWO Jumbo (2 inch) paper clips for each person in your group.

Metal paper clips only please - NO plastic coating - Scrap safe painted metal is okay.

All other items should be acid free.

Let your creativity have free reign!
cardstock, inks, stickers, ribbons, flowers, bling, charms...anything goes

please place your 2 paper clips in small snack size baggies for each person in your group and then into a quart or gallon baggie labeled as followed:

Your name
Your Disname
Group #

For the World Showcase group, please put your clips for both countries into the same bag! So you will be sending me 6 bags instead of 12! Then put those 6 bags into the bigger bag.

You may mail them to me in any way you'd like, but I will be mailing them back priority mail, if you want to have Delivery Conf added, please include the extra $.70 to cover it and fill out the form and also a return mailing address label filled out for me.

Since this will be small groups, they will probably fit in the small priority mail box or envelope, please do not send the pre-printed metered postage.

IF YOU ARE NEW TO SWAPPING ON THE DISBOARDS YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO SIGNING UP TO THREE GROUPS!

Will start with group of 8 for each group and open up more groups if needed. Please let me know any group ideas that you may have. I am open to anything that you all are interested in!

Hope this covers all the needed info, please let me know if you notice anything missing or have any questions!

Thanks Everyone!
Stephanie

Please list what you wihat to create at sign ups to avoid duplicates.

Disney Make 4
Group A Fab Five Characters
1. Ckmom97- Pluto
2. 3pletprincesses- Mickey
3. Srauchbauer- Minnie
4. Lm3k- Daisy

Group B Princesses Make 4
1. Ckmom97- snow white
2. 3pp- Belle
3. Srauchbauer- Ariel and Cinderella
4. Lm3k- aurora

Group C Winnie the Pooh characters Make 3
1. Ckmom97- pooh
2. 3pp- Eeyore
3. Srauchbauer- tigger and Piglet

Group D other Characters Make 4
1. 3pp- Chip and Dale
2. Lm3k- Woody
3. Ckmom97- Tinkerbelle
4. Cith- Wall-E/ Cars

Group E Magic Kingdom Make 6
1. m2mb- monsters
2. Ckmom97- BTMR
3. 3pp- Castle
4. Cith- POC
5. Lm3k- Liberty bell
6. AR- jungle Cruise

Group F Hollywood Studios Make 5
1. m2mb- Toy story Mania
2. Ckmom97- beauty and the Beast
3. 3pp- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4. Lm3k- star tours
5. Cith- General HS (icons)

Group G Animal Kingdom Make 5
1. m2mb- nemo show
2. Ckmom97- Africa
3. 3pp- animal prints
4. Cith- Dinosaur
5. Lm3k- tree of life

Group H EPCOT Make 5
1. M2mb- the seas
2. Ckmom97- test track
3. 3pp- Soarin
4. Lm3k- Spaceship Earth
5. Cith- the land

Group I EPCOT World Showcase countries Make 6
1. Mexico- JJ&JHSmom
2. Norway- 3pletprincesses
3. China-JJ&JHSmom
4. Germany- tyniknate
5. Italy- m2mb
6. USA-m2mb
7. Japan- PN96
8. Morocco- 3pletprincesses
9. France- PN96
10. United Kingdom-ckmom97
11. Canada-ckmom97
12. Outpost-Tyniknate

Group I2 EPCOT World Showcase Make 6
1. Mexico-rhondaGreene
2. Norway- HeatherFeather
3. China- Lm3k
4. Germany-Catinthehat35
5. Italy- HeatherFeather
6. USA- tyniknate
7. Japan-princessNancy96
8. Morocco-princessNancy96
9. France- catinthehat35
10. UK-RhondaGreene
11. Canada-tyniknate
12. Outpost- lm3k

Everyday Make 8
Group J Holidays/Seasons
1. m2mb- Christmas
2. Ckmom97- pumpkins
3. 3pp- Summer
4. RhondaGreene- thanksgiving
5. Cith- Easter
6. Lm3k- Halloween
7. PN96- Winter - snowflakes
8. AR- Fall

Group K Kids Make 5
1.ckmom97- butterflies
2. 3pp- Ladybugs
3. RG- dance/music
4. Cith- girl general
5. Lm3k- dress-up/princess

Group L Birthdays Make 5
1. Ckmom97- candles
2. 3pp- presents
3. RG- balloons
4. Cith- party hats/cupcake
5. Lm3k- cupcakes

Group M Color Make 5
1. Ckmom97- purple
2. 3pp- Blue
3. RG- Yellow
4. Cith- Green/Red
5. AR- Pink

Group N Outside Make 5
1. Ckmom97- Zoo
2. 3pp- Beach
3. RG- Camping
4. AR- tropical flowers
5. Cith- Pool/swimming

July 13: verify groups/PM info
July 27: check in (let me know how your doing)
August 15: final check in/ detailed status/mail date update
August 22: mail by date

On the way to me: :cool1:
I have: :thumbsup2
On the way to you: :drive:
You have: :cheer2:

Cast of Players:
Ckmom97-A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N :thumbsup2
3pletprincesses-A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N :cheer2:
Srauchbauer-A,B,C :cheer2:
Lovemy3kiddos-A,B,D,E,F,G,H,I2,J,K,L :thumbsup2
Catinthehat35- D,E,F,G,H,I2, J,K,L,M,N :cheer2:
Mommy2mrb- E,F,G,H,I,J :cheer2:
Arizona Rita- E,J,M,N :cheer2:
JJ&JH'smom- I :cheer2:
Tyniknate -I, I2 :cheer2:
PrincessNancy96- I, I2, J :cheer2:
HeatherFeather-I2 :cheer2:
RhondaGreene- I2, J,K,L,M,N :cheer2:

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR JOINING!!

I will be in for a few groups too! I hosted this last year and its a good one to "get your feet wet" on!

Thanks everyone! So excited to have you all join in on the fun! Lisa, I saw that you hosted this swap last year. I thought it would be a nice easy one to get my hostess feet wet with.

Are there any other groups you guys would be interested in that are not already listed? Just let me know! I am open to adding any that you all would like.
Stephanie

I am going to have to sit this one out, too much away time to allow me to commit myself comfortably. Hope you guys have fun!

Cassey- I am bummed you won't be able to join us in the swap. You make such amazing items.! You will be missed but I know you have a trip to WDW coming up. Have a blast!
Stephanie

I've never participated in a swap because I am always intimidated by the amount of work that seems to go into making each set of titles, embellishments, mats, and all that. That said, this I can do! I think this would be perfect for a first swap for me to be in. I would like to do two groups at the most so I don't overwhelm myself. Are we supposed to tell you which groups we would like to be in?

I've never participated in a swap because I am always intimidated by the amount of work that seems to go into making each set of titles, embellishments, mats, and all that. That said, this I can do! I think this would be perfect for a first swap for me to be in. I would like to do two groups at the most so I don't overwhelm myself. Are we supposed to tell you which groups we would like to be in?

:cheer2::welcome::cheer2:
Glad you found your way to the disboards swap threads! We love having new players. It took me a very long time to feel comfortable participating in swap requiring many elements. This is the perfect swap to get started with! I'm so glad to have you as a player.

On July 10th at 10 am EST I will open this swap. At that time, you just need to tell me what groups you would like to join and your good to go. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask. I will help as much as I can!
Stephanie

Welcome!! I will warn you -- swapping can be come addicting!

Stephanie, I have a couple of questions:

For the Epcot group, can we make something for the WS pavilions or do you want us to stick to specific rides/shows?

When we sign up, how specific do we need to be. For example, in the Fab 5 group, do you want us to list just "Minnie" or "Minnie's bow". Just wondering how much planning I need to do this weekend. Thanks.

good idea Sheila...I'd sign up for the WS stuff too!

Welcome!! I will warn you -- swapping can be come addicting!

Stephanie, I have a couple of questions:

For the Epcot group, can we make something for the WS pavilions or do you want us to stick to specific rides/shows?

When we sign up, how specific do we need to be. For example, in the Fab 5 group, do you want us to list just "Minnie" or "Minnie's bow". Just wondering how much planning I need to do this weekend. Thanks.

Sheila- great questions!
For EPCOT I was originally thinking rides/shows but I don't see any reason why we can't include world showcase pavilions too....or should owe make a separate World showcase group. I totally think that would work. What do you think? I'm completely open to either option!

For signing uo, I would say just tell me the ride/character/attraction.... So in your example, you could just tell me "Minnie" No need to be that specific.

Hope that helps!
Stephanie

Sheila- great questions!
For EPCOT I was originally thinking rides/shows but I don't see any reason why we can't include world showcase pavilions too....or should owe make a separate World showcase group. I totally think that would work. What do you think? I'm completely open to either option!

For signing uo, I would say just tell me the ride/character/attraction.... So in your example, you could just tell me "Minnie" No need to be that specific.

Hope that helps!
Stephanie

I would probably make a separate group for WS that way we would get the whole group of the countries....I can help fill spots if you don't get all 11 filled

Thanks Lisa! I think it's a great idea to add a separate WS group. That way participants in that group will get a complete set. Do you think it would be okay to ask people to sign up for two groups at the time of sign ups? Thanks for offering to help fill spots in that group!
Stephanie

Thanks Lisa! I think it's a great idea to add a separate WS group. That way participants in that group will get a complete set. Do you think it would be okay to ask people to sign up for two groups at the time of sign ups? Thanks for offering to help fill spots in that group!
Stephanie

sure, we usually do sign up for two spots for WS and this will go super quick with the small # to do....just add the OutPost and then will be even

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter