Am I right to have hurt feelings?

NCRedding

I've strayed
I just found out from another college friend of mine that the person I consider "my best friend from college" got married almost 3 months ago. I was in her first wedding, stood by her through her divorce, the birth of her kids, her parent's death. I'm trying not to take it personally, but:( To think I was worried about her because she hadn't been returning my emails or phone calls.

Yep, my feelings would be hurt...unless it was just a small, family only wedding or if they just got eloped. But if she hasn't been emailing you or taking your phone calls, that would really hurt my feelings.

I would definitely by the actions of this ex-best friend. So sorry.:(

I had a similar situation where a very good friend of mine did not tell me she got a divorce, even after I spoke with her several times...I new she was divorced and would ask questions but she would give me lies. I was hurt, but later found out she felt like she had let me down and I think she was ashamed that she couldn't make her marriage work. We talked through it and the next time she went through a rought time in her life I was able to help her. It does hurt, but you do have to realize your friend has her reasons and is going through emotions of her own right now. Give the benefit of the doubt.

I'm so sorry that happened, and yes, I'd be hurt. :(

Yep, I've been there, too. One of my so-called friends who was in my wedding was getting married. We had kind of lost touch a little, but she let me know about her impending wedding, and told me how much she'd love for DH and I to come, etc. I told her I couldn't wait. Well, I waited for an invitation, but one never came, and I knew that her wedding date had come and gone. I would have been understanding if she realized that she had to cut her list down or something like that, and she had at least told me that, but she just chose not to send me an invitation. I sent her a card saying I heard she had her wedding (a mutual aquaintance told me she did in fact have the wedding), but I never heard back from her, so I don't think the invitation got lost in the mail. i just don't understand people sometimes. I have bad luck with friends, I think that's why I don't have too many, my feelings get hurt too much!! Sorry you're hurt, but know that others have been there too. Hang in there!!:D

Yes, I'd be hurt too.

I've been in what I thought was a good friendship and then one day, the other party surprises me by disappearing out of it. I don't understand why someone can't at least give other people some common courtesy (or however you spell that...sorry). I just can't see at least giving some type of explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter