Am I the only one who does not like the split bath?

Gretel

I like being ME
The last time we cruised I was thinking "if they would have only left the wall out between the split bath, I could actually dress in here without bumping my butt".

Our family finds it usless, as you gotta come out of the shower and go to the other bath to dry your hair. Each to his own I guess.

You are not the only one. I like to stand at the bathroom mirror, with the door open, while I am puting on my makeup or brushing my teeth. I came home with a really bad black and blue mark on my hip, from the door hitting me all the time(grin).

I also found that whatevery I put in one bathroom, I would need while I was in the other one.

I brought my own hair dryer and used it at the desk, so I didn't have your problem.

I agree take that wall our and you would have a HUGE bathroom, at least by cruise ship standards.

sue

I love the split bath and wish other lines would do the same thing. There's plenty of room in each side, and I tend to dry my hair using my own hairdryer over by the dresser but it wouldn't be a problem to change rooms if I used DCL's.

I like the split bath as well...my wife sets up all of her stuff in one, and I put my toothbrush in the other.

:D

We loved it too. In fact, last weekend we were at a hotel and DD needed to "go" and DH was in the shower and all she kept saying was she wished that every hotel had the bathroom like the cruise!

With 3 boys, it made it nice, I could take a shower and then get ready in the other bathroom while they had the shower available to them. Also, I had to change in the bathroom so it was nice to be able to change in a bathroom that wasn't full of steam.

If they didn't have the split bath, they probably wouldn't have used all that space for one bathroom, most other cruise lines have a bathroom just a little bit bigger than one of those halves.

Our family prefers the split bath. Yes the rooms are tight but having the shower and toilet in separate rooms is a great idea. I dried my hair at the desk using my own hair dryer. I arrange the two rooms just like I arrange our bath in our house. Kathy

Originally posted by alexturner74
I like the split bath as well...my wife sets up all of her stuff in one, and I put my toothbrush in the other.

:D

Since I haven't been on a cruise yet, I have no opinion... I just wanted to say this comment gave me a chuckle!

:jester:

For two people (like hubby and I), I don't see the split bath as a real advantage. It always seems like one of us is in the part that the other one wants or needs to be in!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I have to agree with Barb, but I can see where it would be very good for a family. I just found them to be much to small.

sue

The split-bath is luxurious compared to the accommodations offered by other modes of travel. My son and I recently returned from a different type of vacation. We rode Amtrak NY to Chicago and then Chicago to San Antonio.

NY to Chicago was a viewliner standard bedroom. Shower was "down the hall." The commode was IN the bedroom without a partition. Just a rather heavy top seat which acted as an "extra" seat when placed down. My DS9 elected to wait until we reached Chicago to poop rather than try to navigate in a room smaller than a walk-in closet!

Chicago to San Antonio was a superliner deluxe bedroom. Much more room than the viewliner, but that's not saying much. The commode was private but set within the shower. I guess that's one way to save on toilet tissue...

Give me the DCL split-bath anytime!

I hated it the first couple of days because whatever I needed, was in the room I wasn't. Once I got all my stuff hifted to the right room, I like it. Easier to get ready at the same time. But, boy, those first few days I HATED it. Maybe I just brought too much stuff.........;)

I also found that whatevery I put in one bathroom, I would need while I was in the other one.

This is the best reason of all for the over the door shoe holder! If it's on the outside of the door, you can always have access to it! With the three of us, it really was wonderful. Plus the fact that...um...pardon the expression but, someone could "stink" up the one bathroom without offending the shower taker :o :o ;)

CRB#33 - I just tell my son that "mine" doesn't stink, so it must be his... lol.

stupid question....but, here goes! We have a split bath for our Nov./Dec. cruise, and I was wondering if both bathrooms have a door? Just thought it may be handy to have an over the door shoe hanger for each door... ;)

yes they both have a door, and we like having split bath one can continue to get ready while other is in the shower ... and so on
peter

Yes, both have a door. 2 shoe racks would work nicely.

Now, I'll make a comment that may not be as popular with a family of more than two: We never dress in the bathrooms. And we simply split all morning prep items between the two and everything's happy.

Now, for the familys of more than two, there is the privacy screen, which does break the cabin in two rooms that could be used separately for dressing as well.

And, from what I know, and from what DW Mary, who has been on numerous cruises on older lines, these cabins are a luxury on space compared to then.

If you are going to use the privacy curtain for dressing bring clothes pins! Ours had a very big gap when it was closed, and I travel with my 9 year old stepson. Would not go over well if he saw me getting dressed! Soooo, into the bathroom I go!

By the way, for those who will be spending time in the bathroom with the toilet doing makeup, getting dressed etc. be advised that that room has a sewer type odor everytime the toilet is flushed, so bring an air freshener. I wish I had!!

I agree with Barb, it's just the two of us, and hubby is always in the one I need to be in.

I vote for the split bath!!!!

DH likes his 'time' in there, and with only one bath... Seems like it is always a waiting-game! :p

I also vote for using the curtain if necessary for changing - Even if the baths were tiny bit bigger, there is always the water, clutter, and the smell, etc... etc....

PS: yes yet another reason to bring an over the door hanger!!! Everything is always accessible, instead of cluttered up inside the bath!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter