American Girl Doll Savings??

princess crazy

<font color=purple>Completely blown away by the lo
Can anyone here tell me if you've ever been able to use a code savings for American Girl Doll either online, by phone or at the store in Chicago?? My daughter just got the Angelina Ballerina Mouse doll and she wants the cottage and the furniture that goes with it but I was hoping I could save a little with a sale or code since they are a little expensive for the furniture. Thanks for any help you can give me.;)

I haven't looked recently, but in the past Wal-Mart online had great deals on American Girl dolls, books and accessories. Best prices I found anywhere. Check and see if they have the items you want, and then see if you can find a coupon or code for Wal-Mart online. Try edealinfo.com or dealprovider.com or imegadeals.com for coupons/codes.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

As far as I know, the ONLY place to get authentic American Girl merchandise is through American Girl. I cannot believe that Wal-Mart would have their dolls and accessories. Probably is the stuff that 'fits' American Girl dolls.

I have seen the WalMart dolls. They are knockoffs of the American Girls dolls. Target has a similar line of knockoff dools and I think KMart also does.
I don't even think that you can order American Girls items from the Official American Girls website . It looks like you have to use their 800 number.

You CAN order online on the AG site. It's waaay too easy!! ;) 3 girls...all AG fans. Keep your eyes peeled --they HAD a $10 off on $100 order--but it expired 11/21. They may have another one before C'mas.

Thanks to everyone who has posted!

My problem is I need to order in the next few days as we will be leaving soon for our trip to WDW and the Wonder and there won't be enough time to ship before xmas after we get back.
I'm hoping to find some sort of savings for when I place my order tomorrow?:confused:

I just placed my order last month and spent a small fortune. My daughter is a little over 4 and wanted a bitty baby and a ton of accessories. I did not find a coupon/discount anywhere but after I placed an order I did get a catalog with a coupon in there for $10 off $100 but that expired, sorry. You can purchase online,catalog or over the phone. Have a great holliday!!

I can tell you absolutely that for Christmas 2000 I ordered American Girl books (i.e., Kit, An American Girl, American Girl Planner, etc.) from Wal-Mart online. These were not knock-offs, they were the real thing. I thought I saw dolls and clothes at that same time, though I didn't buy any. I remember being quite surprised about this.

I just checked and they still carry the books, at about a 30% discount. No dolls or accessories, though.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

You can get the books in alot of places. My mom just got my daughter the entire Kit set of books at Costco for Christmas. Some craft stores sell clothes that fit the AMerican Girl dolls and Bitty Baby. By doing a search on EBAY you can find all kids of American Girl Stuff-usually stuff from a few years ago that their daughters outgrew. I've never looked for the Angelina Ballerina stuff though.
Good luck!

I have bought the American Girl books from Sam's Club and they also sell them in most book stores. The dolls and their stuff is only available from American Girl though (or ebay). I knew AG had a web site, but I didn't know you could order them on line. We started buying the dolls when Samantha, Kirsten and Molly were the only dolls, so I didn't have experience buying them on line. We still love the catalogs though.

This doesn't help now, but I have an idea for those of you who like to plan ahead. Come to Madison, WI in the summer for some great buys.

The Madison Children's Museum has an annual benefit sale of Pleasant Company Seconds and Returns in July. It used to be that you could just wait in line to get in, but it has become very very popular (duh!). Tickets are available in early June through Ticketmaster and the sale is in mid-july. Here's the Madison Children's Museum's web site, although I don't think they have benefit info up now since it's 7 months away!

http://www.kidskiosk.org/index.html

Don't miss the sale in Madison! It's the best!

However, if you are ever in the Fox Cities area of Wisconsin, there is an American Girl Outlet store in the Prime Outlets right off Highway 41 in Oshkosh. If you are familiar with EAA, it is right across the highway.

They do not carry the dolls, however you can get excellent prices on doll clothes, accessories, books, etc. They also carry some of the regular girls clothes.

You brought back memories of those Children's Museum sales. I'm originally from Madison and we went to the first 6 or 7 years of the sales. The first year it was actually at the house of one of the Children's Museum board members. Then for a few years you could arrive at 4am and get in by about 9am. It was so much fun waiting in line and talking with all the other AM enthusiasts. The last times we went, there were people camping out days ahead. Then they started that ticket thing.

Hi, I got the $10 off of $100 special a few weeks ago. EVery once in awhile they will run some sort of promo like that & they usually have one dress per doll on special. Unfortunately, around the holidays they seldom run deals. I am the sucker who just today paid a small fortune to buy all 7 dolls storybook collections at Costco for $16.99 (thats about 50% off of magazine price) and all 3 mini box sets for $12.99. I couldn't believe these prices. Definately cheapest I've seen anywhere so I bought them all & will save some for gifts at later date.

I love the books & their products. Wish I was in the WI area to take advantage of their sale!!!

Sorry I can't help with that specific line of AG but I have bought cheap clothes on line for AG sized dolls from sites other than the AG. I was very happy with my purchases.

I don't know if this is true in all locations, but I just got a "Tuesday Morning" circular in the mail and at least in the Baltimore/DC/Richmond area they have the american girl books on sale for $1.99 for the paperbacks and $2.99 for the hard covers.

Lisa

All I can say is that I was at the American Girl store in Chicago on Saturday and it was nuts. I have never seen it so crowded. I guess it was because of xmas. I had to wait 25 minutes to check out. If I need anything else I will definitely order online. I ordered stuff in the afternoon one day and had part of it the next day. I thought that was amazing.

Leslie

I was at Costco today & they had sets of 2 Angelina Ballerina books for $11.48. Great deal & of course couldn't pass it up!!!

A friend of mine got an American Girl doll jeans outfit for $4.99 at Tuesday Morning. It was the real thing. I'm sure once they are put on the shelf, they go really fast. It's all in the timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter