Among everything else this weekend, DS and his fiancee have postponed their wedding.

Boots

<font color=green>Smiling at you!!!</font><br><fon
They are still engaged and plan on getting married just not this July. She graduates from university this spring and really wants to go on to graduate school and get her masters from there. He is a youth director at a local church and it three hours away from her school. He really feels called to be there and is still considering going on to seminary. They sat down last night and told DH and I that they have prayed about everything and feel that this July is not when they are supposed to get married. We told them both that if this is what they feel we are behind them in whatever they decide. DH and I both want what is right for them as we love them both. I will keep you posted on what happens. Please keep them both in your prayers for guidance.

*HUGS* to you, Boots. It sounds like they have wonderful guidance.

Sounds like they are a very mature young couple! I will keep them in my prayers, Boots.

Boots, I think they made a very wise & mature decision. I was supposed to get married in Oct. but waited until August. (I had a hard time committing to marriage.:eek: :o )

They will probably be very glad they thought this through and prayed for such guidance.

Best wishes to them.

(PS WHO gets married in Oct in Big Orange Country ???? LOL;)

Nothing wrong with that, Ellen. Sounds wise to me if they are not quite ready, good for them. My best to them as they go forward.

Sounds like a very wise decision to me. Luis and I were always glad we waited until we were finished with school to get married. My prayers and best wishes are with them both :)

Well, Shannon, DH had scheduled some of his vacation time around the date. We don't like summer vacations since our children are grown and would rather let someone with less seniority and small children have the summer for vacation times. But he said he is going to hang on to them for a little bit longer just in case the two of them change their minds. He can drop them up to a week before and reschedule them. He said he would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. After he drops them and someone has them they are gone, so .... and we wouldn't do that to somebody anyway. But I really don't think they will change their minds or if they do it will turn into a much much smaller wedding. DS actually wanted to get married in Gatlinburg or Cades Cove to begin with.

It sounds like they have their heads on straight. They have their whole lives ahead of them.:sunny:

I think those two sound very mature. Nice to see some people who realize what a serious undertaking marriage is. Not that I'm comparing marriage to undertaking;)

Micca you have me LOL! :D But seriously Boots, they have their act together and nothing but time ahead of them. :D

{{{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Ellen. Sounds, tho, like your DS and GF is pretty mature!

Sounds to me like they have it together as a couple.. what a great basis for a marriage... I think they will make the right decisions based on what is good for them... Bravo..

Micca! LOL! :p

Awww Boots, like the others have said, it sounds like they are very mature and they know they will be there for each other, forever, even if being married takes a little longer. {{{{Hugs}}}}

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter