Amusement Rides That….

Most of those temporary carnivals that go from city to city have rides I wouldn't encourage anyone to ride. Who knows how well maintained they are and typically the put some sort of temporary fasteners into the ground as supports. Ones that have any large/rapidly spinning cars seem especially dangerous and more likely to fail due to the forces involved.

Most of those temporary carnivals that go from city to city have rides I wouldn't encourage anyone to ride. Who knows how well maintained they are and typically the put some sort of temporary fasteners into the ground as supports. Ones that have any large/rapidly spinning cars seem especially dangerous and more likely to fail due to the forces involved.
There are some states that don't inspect these things nearly enough nor are the penalties for violations anything to fear.

Are you telling me that carnies aren't the finest engineers on the planet who meticulously maintian the machinery and adhere to all safety regulations? They do all that while figuing out new things to deep fry - they are geniuses!

I can ride rollercoasters, rides that drop you, rides that flip you upside down, you name it and I can do them. I suddenly discovered in my 30's I can't do a ride that just goes in a circle. I almost had a protein spill on Astro Orbiter. I can't do Dumbo, the carousel, or anything like that.
There are a few roller coasters I don't care for. I like Space Mountain at DL. I don't like it at WDW. I won't ride Matterhorn either. Both rides vibrate up my spine and neck and I end up with an awful headache.

That sounds like a Gravitorn, the one that looks like a flying saucer. Those are indeed fun. At one summer carnival, the guy running it on the inside basically didn't care what we did, so he let us crawl up the walls nad turn upside-down and stuff. He just told us to get back into position before he slowed it down - and not to say anything. It was terribly unsafe - but we kept coming back to ride it! 😁
I was ALWAYS afraid of the Zipper. It’s one of the very few rides I never tried.

The Gravitron is child’s play compared to the old fashioned rotor rides. On the Gravitron you lean back and the panel slides up. On the rotor the floor drops and spinning forces keep you glued to the wall. Much more intense.

2E38D1F6-F37E-4E7F-9B88-2EF0AC622F81.jpeg

A3036E77-3FD0-465D-BD5D-3B1253C2AC0F.jpeg

This past summer I rode the Spider for the first time in many years at the State Fair and was discombobulated for about 20 minutes afterwards.

29353B1F-31EF-45AE-A75C-2D15B5A0E426.jpeg

When my wife and I went to Universal in December 2021, we rode all of the coasters with the best of them. We both love coasters and I'll keep riding them until my body says "no more."

Are you telling me that carnies aren't the finest engineers on the planet who meticulously maintian the machinery and adhere to all safety regulations? They do all that while figuing out new things to deep fry - they are geniuses!
deep fry? You give carnies too much credit. We won't ride carnival rides at all because of this.

I was ALWAYS afraid of the Zipper. It’s one of the very few rides I never tried.

The Gravitron is child’s play compared to the old fashioned rotor rides. On the Gravitron you lean back and the panel slides up. On the rotor the floor drops and spinning forces keep you glued to the wall. Much more intense.

View attachment 807569

View attachment 807570

Oh yeah - that's what it was like in the Grravitron that time. We were turning upside-down, etc. That one's nuts - the floor drops pretty far!

View attachment 807569

View attachment 807570
Wildwood's old Sportland Pier on the boardwalk had one called the Hell Hole, and it had a reputation that was richly deserved. I rode it a couple of times before it closed. Being glued to the wall was fun, along with the fear of the creaky old ride suddenly shutting itself down and throwing you onto the floor when you were a teenager who thought you were immortal.

Tea cups. If I rode now I'd look like a drunk stumbling out of a pub at 4 AM.

I've never liked Ferris wheels, but I loved the one at Niagara Falls Canada. It didn't rock and had enclosed cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter