Animal Kingdom Jambo Value Room Floorplans?

Galactic Reversal

Mouseketeer
Doing some research on Animal Kingdom Villas and I noticed the value rooms have slightly less square footage than their standard counterparts. However, I wasn't able to find any floorplans for the dedicated value studios or lockoffs. Looking at room tours on youtube they seem to be a similar layout, so are they just a little smaller, but otherwise the same?

Yes, the values are just a bit smaller, but have similar features and amenities - queen bed, double sleeper sofa, sleeping for 4, microwave, small refrigerator, tv, safe, paper plates/utensils. Less square footage, but less points!

Doing some research on Animal Kingdom Villas and I noticed the value rooms have slightly less square footage than their standard counterparts. However, I wasn't able to find any floorplans for the dedicated value studios or lockoffs. Looking at room tours on youtube they seem to be a similar layout, so are they just a little smaller, but otherwise the same?
Just know these rooms are VERY difficult to get. Be ready to go at 8am on the dot!

Sq ft:

Jambo value: studio 316, 1BR 629, 2BR 945

Jambo regular size rooms (standard, savanna and club level): studio 365, 1BR 720, 2BR 1085

Kidani (both standard and savanna view): studio 366, 1BR 807, 2BR 1173

The difference between value and other Jambo rooms is very noticeable when in the rooms but the value is still fairly comfortable. The Kidani 1BRs and 2BRs are noticeably much larger and include an extra bathroom (two in the 1BR, three in the 2BR). Maximum occupancy for studios throughout AKV is four, value 1BRs 4, other 1BRs 5 (besides the pull-out couch in the living room, there is a large chair that pulls out to an almost twin size bed), 2BR value 8, other 2BRs 9

Value studios (and 2BRs since all are lock-offs) tend to fill within moments after 8 a.m. eastern at 11-months out year round; most making the attempt lose the battle. 1BRs have that 11-month reservation problem only some times of the year.

Last edited:
We stayed in a 1 bedroom value once. Just a smidge smaller but it does not have the 5th person sleeper chair that the standard 1 bedrooms do.

Reactions: ehh

The values in Jambo House are approx. 3 feet shorter from the entry door to the balcony as compared to the other DVC units in JH.

Also to note (at least in the studios) the bed and couch are switched. The bed is beside the balcony door, making it somewhat harder to access the balcony. Definitely still worth the point savings though!

For what it’s worth, every 1 bedroom value I’ve stayed in has been *slightly* different. One had a kitchen island and a closet in the kitchen but others did not. I’ve been in some with 2 sinks in the bathroom and some with 1. Maybe that’s why there’s no published floorplan 😂

For what it’s worth, every 1 bedroom value I’ve stayed in has been *slightly* different. One had a kitchen island and a closet in the kitchen but others did not. I’ve been in some with 2 sinks in the bathroom and some with 1. Maybe that’s why there’s no published floorplan 😂
That's hilarious, makes sense!

Found what is claimed to be a floor plan for the 2BR value (which is a combination 1BR and studio) but not sure it is since it looks very close to the same as floor plans one finds for regular Jambo rooms: dvcfan.com/2019/07/02/the-elusive-2-bedroom-value-part-1/

Last edited:
Found what is claimed to be a floor plan for the 2BR value (which is a combination 1BR and studio) but not sure it is since it looks very close to the same as floor plans one finds for regular Jambo rooms: dvcfan.com/2019/07/02/the-elusive-2-bedroom-value-part-1/
I think you’re right, looks to be the same as the standard lock-off. That’s good confirmation that they’re the same layout though.

I can see why someone might have thought the floor plan above was for a value room, when it is actually just for the regular standard and savamnna view rooms at Jambo. The official DVC site lists the various Jambo rooms, both value and other views and for each size room, such as a value studio or value 2BR, you can click on "View Floor Plans" for the specific category of rooms, creating the impression that you will find a floor plan for the room category such as a value room, when, in fact, the floor plans shown for all rooms listed are the same -- just the regular size studios, 1BRs, 2BRs and Grand Villas. See https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...rida/animal-kingdom-villas-jambo/points-rooms

Last edited:
The living area is where the size difference is noticeable. Because the room has less square footage, a few furnishings are missing. The storage bench, one nightstand, and an end table do not carry over from the "regular" deluxe studio. There's less space between the bed and sleeper sofa. The wardrobe and dresser are also a bit closer than normal.

These photos are from our July 2023 stay in a value studio with savanna view.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpeg
    IMG_0989.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 32
Does anyone know about the HA 2 bedroom villa with the rollin shower in standard view at Jambo? I have this booked in November for a trip with two handicap people. But I'm here now in a one bedroom savanna HA with rollin shower and I am way down in the 4th of 5 buildings on Kudo path. It is a hike from the lobby! And it doesn't even have the higher toilets that I expect to see in HA rooms.

I am trying to find out where the 2 bedroom HA standard view villas with rollin showers are, exactly. I don't care about parking lot or savanna view. I do care about close to lobby. Now that I have one booked, I'm second guessing the wisdom of having it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter