Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic - Virtual Queue & Results 6/5/19 Book Date for July, Aug 2019 Dates

ScottJayhawk

Mouseketeer
Here is my experience as a DVC member with the virtual queue (line) on 6/5/19 booking DVC Moonlight Magic for either July 18, Aug 8 or August 22, 2019.

I clicked the link in the email reminder I had gotten the night before a few minutes before 9am ET and saw a countdown of about 3 minutes. With about 30 seconds left the message below the countdown timer said the virtual waiting room was now open - yet I still had a countdown. Don't know if that's normal if I somehow got left at the end of the line with my countdown somehow being off - who knows.....30 seconds later the countdown changed to read 4,748 people in front of me in line....ugh!!
It started dropping fast however, I didn't do exact math but about 50-70 people every minute, a little more than 25% lower at 9:15am so I was on pace to book about an hour in. At 9:17am the message in the queue said something like with 70% of registrations still available your in great shape, stay patient to book your fun. At 9:30am I was more than halfway through the "line" - now perhaps slightly ahead of an hour before it was my turn.
At 9:33am the message updated to With 50% of registrations available you're in great shape. Since my line was down to about 1,500 after starting over 4,700 I'm feeling pretty good at this point.
Now of course this means nothing as you read this but I'm literally typing this as it's happening.
At this moment it's 9:37am and I'm down to 1,189 in line. Fingers remained crossed.
I'm targeting the August 8th event - and with less than 60 days to our Aug 1 departure it's that or nothing for us.
I've gone to 1,001 people in front of me as of 9:39am
Huge drop in the next minute, just 869 now ahead of me - like I said I haven't been keeping track minute by minute but that's a big drop in a 1 minute update. For example (and perhaps not coincidentally the next update only dropped to 849, then 811 quickly, then 779 - seems to be updating much more quickly, every 15 seconds as it gets lower it seems.
Only 499 left in front of me as of 9:43:30 am
Was hoping for another - don't worry plenty of spots available message to make me feel better as time ticked away.
Dropped under 200 at 9:46:27am

Finally at 9:48am ET the message changed to I would redirected to the website as soon as possible. But that message stayed on for what seemed like forever. But less than 60 seconds laster I was in registration!!!
Had to enter my member ID number, had it copied, ready paste. Enter email, acknowledge some stuff. Next page, enter number of attendees for the date (only offered me the data it knew I had a hotel reservation for) acknowledge some more stuff, click and DONE! Wrote down conf # quickly, note the page refreshed after about 60 seconds so if you want to take a screen shot of the full confirmation page do it quickly. But I did get an email with all the same info a moment later.

On this occasion at least starting 4,749 in line for Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic and I got 4 spots.

So that was my experience, please share yours - where did you start in line? Did you get tickets?

My laptop, pointed to the registration site soon after receiving the email yesterday, started with 2259 head of me in the randomized queue. My phone, pointed to the website moments before the site was to open, started with 5002 head of me in the randomized queue.

I completed the reservation process by 9:26a ET on my laptop and then left the queue (using the official button) on my phone.

We have two spots for 7/18. :)

Do we know how many spots are available for this event?

Using the "70/50/25% remaining" messages and my numbers, looks like a total available of 6500-7100 registrations...

But is that number of PEOPLE, or number of REGISTRATIONS? If the latter, that would be 26,000-28,400 people assuming parties of 4.

Just always curious about this stuff!

Last edited:
Opened email link at 8:48. At 9:00, there were 6333 ahead of me. Finally got registered at 10:00 for 2 on 8/8.

Opened the email link about 8:45am. at 9:00am there was between 3500-3600 people in front of me (can't remember exact number).

Got registered at 9:40am for August 22nd, 7 people. Received confirmation email right away.

#1065 (opened the queue around 8ish), 8/8 for 4 confirmation received by 9:14. DH was trying from home but he had 4xxx-something so he dropped as soon as I was confirmed (my wifi is sketchy and I was concerned it would drop before I completed).

Didn’t get in line until 9:17, was 7100 in line. They announced July 18th closed, then limited for August, then 8/22 closed. At like 9:50? they froze the line to check 8/8 status. I was 490ish. After ten minutes, they announced the 8/8 date full, too.
So sad, but I just lost track of time this morning.

Got the email yesterday with the link. I was shocked because we were booked on a cash reservation at AKL. I didn’t know they even knew I had a reservation. I logged on with my phone, iPad and laptop 5 minutes before. As soon as it opened I was immediately around 2300,3200, 6600. Not in the order I logged them in either- weird. Very strange because my phone was counting down faster than the other two leading up too, and it was the first in. I immediately let go of the laptop at 6,600. Let the other 2 go just in case I lost connection or something. Finally got in at 9:23. It had my reservation somehow and already had 8/22 selected. Was done quickly and had a confirmation email by 9:27.

Got the email yesterday with link. Opened iPad about 7:20 this morning countdown clock was on. Left open and then at 9 AM said I was something like 4190 in line. By 9:45 was registered for 4 people for 8/22.

I think a whole bunch of people had more than one browser open for this event and they took the one that had the less number of people ahead of them, but still kept the other browsers open until they got their reservation. I'm not sure how I feel about that (or may I'm just jealous that I did not think of it myself). I did get in for the date I wanted for 2 people. But I was nervous at the end.

I think a whole bunch of people had more than one browser open for this event and they took the one that had the less number of people ahead of them, but still kept the other browsers open until they got their reservation. I'm not sure how I feel about that (or may I'm just jealous that I did not think of it myself). I did get in for the date I wanted for 2 people. But I was nervous at the end.
I think so too. I knew from RunDisney experience that many would be on multiple browsers, electronics etc, so if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em was the approach I took.

I wish I thought about the multiple browsers/devices...But clicked the link around 8:45am and got 6524....Didn't think I would make it but did about 10:05 Aug 22nd for 5 people. The last 1100 people in front of me dropped down in about 5 minutes so it definitely was the multiple windows thing inflating the queue.

That was me ... one connection on the laptop and a 2nd on a phone (disconnected, for the time being, from WiFi to force an alternate data channel). Once I was successful with my registration via one device I used the "Leave the Queue" link to close down the backup line position.

I've gone through too many "Oops, something crashed before you had completed!" moments to not use an alternate/backup route if/when it was easy to do so.

I think a whole bunch of people had more than one browser open for this event and they took the one that had the less number of people ahead of them, but still kept the other browsers open until they got their reservation.
You’re probably right! I did that for Hamilton tix but didn’t bother for this though! Drew 6500 and got 4 tix at exactly 10am.

Opened the email link about 8:45am. at 9:00am there was between 3500-3600 people in front of me (can't remember exact number).

Got registered at 9:40am for August 22nd, 7 people. Received confirmation email right away.

I must have been right next to you in line. :) I was in between 3500 and 3600 as well, and also got registered right around 9:40.

Logged in at 8:52 via email link. Approx #1300, confirmed the 8th around 9:15.

Similar experience to many of you. I was at work and logged in via iPhone before 0900, I luckily drew #222 and was able to sign 5 up within a few minutes. First moonlight magic event for us will be nice since this was meant to be a resort-only trip to see family in the area (we did plenty of parks in January for Marathon Weekend and our "First Trip Home" DVC stay). Looking forward to it!

No email, so logged in via site on iPhone and laptop before 8:30. Iphone # over 5500 & laptop over 6700. Finally registered for 2 just shy of 10:00.

Got #6709...was able to get 4 tix for 8/8, confirmation email came through at 10:05AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter