Animal Kingdom Refurb

I love the new rooms at BCV, BWV and Boulder Ridge. Looking forward to AKL being redone. As to the bedrunners I could care less, we put them in the closet as soon as we arrived. I don't need Disney 24/7. A few touches on the wall are enough for me.

Here’s a YouTube video of the update hotel rooms.

I was there in late OCT / early NOV for 11 nights. Because of an issue I ended up getting a hotel room instead of a studio… they offered to bring me a microwave, but I didn’t need one. I can say I enjoyed the hotel room much better then the current delux studio… I’m hoping for something very similar stylistically

Love the new hotel rooms! Hopefully the villas will get the same treatment...maybe they can add a rug under the beds like VGF.

I think the people who are happy with the Boardwalk refurbed rooms (and even the Boulder Ridge refurb) is because they added that pull down murphy bed/couch , new art, and made it all look new. Of course that will look better than old beat up rooms

BUT the problem here is Disney has moved away from the custom fixtures and theming that made every resort room unique. So I am disappointed in the trend. We should be expecting these updates AND detailed unique theming to the different resorts. If you took covered up the artwork in the stduos at the Grand Floridian, Boulder Ridge, and Boardwalk, could you tell the difference? Is there any theming that differentiates them? Look at the headboards for goodness sakes. All the same. Very dissapointing.

I also will not normalize and accept no themed pillows and comforter/bed runner they always had before covid. Bare beds is a travesty.

Let me remind you what Disney themed rooms with custom headboards and fixtures should be:
View attachment 813162
View attachment 813163View attachment 813164
THIS. THANK YOU! I feel silly always ranting about this, but the lack of pillows and bed runners has really taken away from the overall aesthetic. Even a motel 6 has color on the beds and it's really depressing to see such a stark blank white bed.

BWV and GF are basically the same room with a different paint job IMO. Everything in the same spot. Not a fan of both looking similar. That is just me. I hope they make AKV stay looking really themed

Last edited:

This thread alone should illustrate how varied opinions are on room theming and refurbs. Not everyone needs elaborate theming over every inch for it to feel “Disney”. Enjoying a more subdued level with Disney “touches” is a perfectly valid opinion.

The cabins on the Wish vs the older ships is good example. To me the nautical theme with more subtle Disney touches is far preferable to the heavier theming with giant character murals over the bed, etc on the Wish.

But that’s me. I’m sure many people feel the opposite, I don’t expect everyone to share my taste.

BWV and GF are basically the same room with a different paint job IMO. Everything in the same spot. Not a fan of both looking similar. That is just me. I hope they make AKV stay looking really themed
the new akl rooms are nice. that would be the perfect refurb for the villas

The recent Boulder Ridge (VWL) refurb kept the theming, so I think the animal kingdom ones will. I think the problem with Beach and Boardwalk is they're just going for a clean, light, beachy vibe vs highly theming them.
I think you are right. It is beautifully done at Boulder Ridge.

Has anyone seen any blocks of AKK/AKJ and/or BLT and CC rooms gone for 2025 booking yet for the refurbishments? We joined DVC in 2019 and took our first trip in 2020, so all of our experiences are impacted by Covid delays, etc.

Is there normally a routine of how many/when rooms are taken out of service? Any ideas who gets done first in 2025 of the three WDW resorts due to be done?

Has anyone seen any blocks of AKK/AKJ and/or BLT and CC rooms gone for 2025 booking yet for the refurbishments? We joined DVC in 2019 and took our first trip in 2020, so all of our experiences are impacted by Covid delays, etc.

Is there normally a routine of how many/when rooms are taken out of service? Any ideas who gets done first in 2025 of the three WDW resorts due to be done?
It’s a bit early to see blocks of villas not available for booking since the only month available for booking at 11 months ATM is Jan. 2025.
I assume Kidani will work a floor/wing at a time & remove those locations from inventory accordingly. Jambo maybe Kudu trail followed by Zebra trail or vice versa before or after Ostrich/Giraffe trails.
It seems to me the refurbs are taking longer these days than they have historically. The Grand Floridian, for example, has been undergoing refurb for a couple years & they still haven’t done the main building’s lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter